Skip to content

Rasaad Inescapable Dialogue Loop

12346»

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Probably you had an old save. This was supposed to be fixed in some patch.
  • VorkonVorkon Member Posts: 3

Probably you had an old save. This was supposed to be fixed in some patch.

Looks like they didn't fix it, then. I only bought the game two weeks ago, and I haven't seen any news about a new patch since the 14th, which was RIGHT before I downloaded my copy. Plus, the save right before I first met him lets him join just fine, and that's even older than the save I'm trying to re-recruit him from now. (Admittedly, in that old save he DOES still walk to the inn and teleport back to his starting location, but if I tell him to join he doesn't get stuck in a loop, like he does on my current save.)

Oh well. Thanks anyway!

• thecatthecat Member Posts: 4
    Have the same problem and I started a new game a few days ago. So I don't think it is an old save, but a persistent bug which hopefully will be taken care of in the next patch
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    @Vorkon @thecat
    I had the same bug in the past. On my game in which the bug originally occurred, the bug is still reproducible. I guess double-check to see if you have the latest version.

There are a couple of workarounds. I spawned a new Rasaad through the console (on accident). I tried to fix it by setting RASAAD_PLOT to 0, but it spawned a new Rasaad, which fixed my problem as he could join, leave and rejoin normally.

Anyway, I just tested another, easier workaround. Let him join again, immediately pause and save before he speaks to you (in another slot, just in case). Load that save, and Rasaad should initiate a normal dialogue with you, instead of a leavetaking dialogue.

It seems to be some weird dialogue timer issue. If you let him join and boot him, his timer starts running, so if you ask him to rejoin significantly later, he immediately tries to initiate dialogue. For whatever reason, the dialogue he initiates is his leavetaking dialogue instead of what he should be saying. (I think it should be the "Is there a shadow in your heart, CHARNAME")

[Deleted User]
  • reposterreposter Member Posts: 36
    edited January 2013
    Hi guys, I have the same problem to with Rasaad, I am in Chapter 3 and when I ask him to rejoin it just ends up in a loop until I call him to stop joining my party.

Ok Deucetipher, your tip with the save worked, thanks!
  • krokykkrokyk Member Posts: 2
    Weird, bought the game just a cpl of days ago, so I expected many things fixed (that was one of the reasons I waited for over a year after the initial release) and I too encountered the leave-join neverending loop bug.

Fotunately, I was able to fix it using the save/reload approach mentioned several times here in this and other threads.

I'm grateful!

So - my point was:
    1. Confirmed the save/reload solution works
    2. Let the devs know this bug was still here