Skip to content

Close to 1 million words in BGEE? Well... a printout looks exactly like this. [Image]

kangaxxkangaxx Member Posts: 681
German translation | 1,285,605 words (font size 10); 1,865 pages (in A4 format); ~9.5kg

How in the Nine Hells is it possible to master such a monstrosity in less than four months...?
Personally, I was blessed to meet Mr. 3AM on a regular basis.

It is quite interesting how a visualisation like this alters your perception of the sheer amount of text in this awesome game, isn't it?!

(Of course, I never wasted that much paper! However, the pile has exactly the proper height.)
Post edited by kangaxx on
ShinAbelMortiannaTanthalasSyntia13sebasDiscoCatSophiajunk11GriegreedmilfamMatteoTuriniCuvEleutherosBoozillaCalawenMedullaOblongatalordkimnemesissepotterchickenhedJalilyDeathMachineMiyagiegalor_originalOpaleBelgarathMTHAnduinThe_New_RomanceNukeninKirinaldoCrevsDaak

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Impressive visualization there.
    kangaxxCrevsDaak
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Wow!
    What do you mean master such a monstrosity? Did someone had to go through all this?!
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    I'd expect the translation teams had to.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    I think you got your Nanowrimo riiiight there.
    BoozillaMedullaOblongata
  • kangaxxkangaxx Member Posts: 681
    @Abel Yes, of course ;-) All translation teams had to go through it. We even paralysed our translation tool because we used more than 400,000 data cells...
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    @kangaxx kudos to you then! All BG:EE in there or just a part?
  • SirCumferenceSirCumference Member Posts: 35
    Is that stack of paper duplexed?
    @Abel This is all BGEE. 20cm high.
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    Have you counted the pages one by one and there are exactly 1,865 pages in the picture as stated?

Is that stack of paper duplexed?

No, it's single-sided.
    Przemkas said:

Have you counted the pages one by one and there are exactly 1,865 pages in the picture as stated?

Yes, there are exactly 1,865 pages in the picture. However, I was too lazy to count them. I just put 3x500 sheets and added 1,825g on top (as one sheet weighs exactly 5.0 g).
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Tanthalas said:

kangaxx said:

No, it's single-sided.

Omg, you 2x tree murderer!
    There's probably a dryad outside his door, right now, begging your party to deal with the slaughter. It gives a miniquest to a small area in the game, but nets a few XP at a time when (in the game) XP is a valuable commodity!
    AbelMedullaOblongataQuartzCrevsDaak
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    ^
    "Hey there, I'm Caldo and this here is my brother Krumm... and @kangaxx joined us too!"
    QuartzShinCrevsDaak
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    Now, let us all imagine that this has been translated in several langages ! How many forest have we murdered, @kangaxx, just how many ? :(
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    And how many octopi have been killed to take all of that ink? HUH?! D;
    kangaxxBoozillaMedullaOblongataCrevsDaak
  • CandramelekhCandramelekh Member Posts: 109
    kangaxx said:

How in the Nine Hells is it possible to master such a monstrosity in less than four months...

Easy. Most of the text is copypasted words. Am i right?
    @Candramelekh

No, I think this is incorrect. "Most" implies more than 50%. My gut feeling reckons out less redundancy.
  • HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    Well, on the positive side at least this proves that BG has a more comprehensive story than most other RPG games, Eh?
    MedullaOblongataQuartzCrevsDaak
  • VikingRVikingR Member Posts: 88
    Ring of Translation + 100
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Sehr gut !!!!
    I am wondering if @Tr_ond manages to create a MEME out of it ;)
    Wolk
  • WolkWolk Member Posts: 279
    Tree Murderer!!! rip his head, his arms and his legs and hide all the parts across the world/city!!!!
  • xxxsmb1987xxxxxxsmb1987xxx Member Posts: 280
    WOW!
  • cherrycoke2lcherrycoke2l Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,085
    This is indeed incredible. Now imagine BG2 strings – about 80000. BG1 had around 28 000.
  • Wonderboy2402Wonderboy2402 Member Posts: 121
    That is both amazing and horrifyingly beautiful.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    /me just hopes most of those pages are already translated!