Skip to content

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Pre-Load begins Thursday, November 22nd.

PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
Ah, my child. I am glad I have found you.

On Thursday, November 22nd, we will begin pre-loading Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition for PC.

On that day, you will receive an email with instructions on how to access the Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Installer to pre-load the game, or you can use the existing Beamdog client. In both instances you will need to log in with your Beamdog username and password. This information will also be available on the BaldursGate.com website, and here on the forums.

While the game data will be downloaded, the game will remain unplayable until final release next week.
Post edited by PhillipDaigle on
KilivitzRush_that_speaksDarksheerDeeShinCaptRoryKristie83Wonderboy2402FredjoSeleneMornmagorGoForTheEyesBoodarrenkuoTanthalasbyrne20swnmcmlxiElectricMonkKirinaldoFina92LediathQuartzrandyrooThorelvee68DiscoCatArtemiellejhart1018ShapiroKeatsDarkMageGodKaiserHellRedfernDragonspearj0lssoniCuvHeasEleutherosHeinrichalish74AndreaColombokangaxxLuckyFlashburnAldericMERLANCElordkimmolochEndlesswaveSophiasiriuslukeEudaemoniumKonabugaOxford_GuyPeccaWulfymch202DrugarShYarivSon_of_ImoenSaltynuts11nemesistrinitmoody_mageAkerhonJaanivM6k3siondrsahlAzchar111Stargazer5781Jared4242KenyonDaramatisiassonSirCumferenceBelgarathMTHAtlanticCyricistRythgarvorticanArabus13SwashbucklerAlkaluropsphyltybomcavatar76AdaramtoanwratheltonbarreldsazorselmarusHazorsaffon69davidhxcxlekikinou33RavelOpaleMatteoTuriniNathanAviisalieri[Deleted User]SelendisBG_ZeroArveragusAnduinZinodinNedzzocory5694FentonDecrepitDragonalkaisermacholydarcoMedullaOblongataResurrectionnORbDragonMoomintrollOneTrickPonyAnduineTuckerAris4lifeKhamillneleotheszeGruloCre4twcallimachusTwilight_FoxSwordsNotWordsStradlinSilver_Moonporkchopsemssmiley2002FeronasVedwintheTyrantCoralSabnockrodneyandsteptoeTr_ondDeltaslayerCmdrWulfWiggles

Comments

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited November 2012
    Waiting to play with the installer sitting on our hard drives will be the hardest part!

Will we be able to play it on the 28th or on the 30th? Not that I'm not happy with the 30th.
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    :)
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    OH MY
    vortican
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Taking the liberty of quoting Phillip's comment from the tor.com interview thread here for some consolidated info:

For those curious, here's the skinny: I have a batch of new media and video ready to go public, but I'm going to wait until pre-loading begins this week to release it at the same time. I know you guys want it right away, but unfortunately you'll need to wait just a tiny bit longer.

Regarding pre-loading, you'll be getting an email from Beamdog when it goes live in addition to an update here on the forums and on baldursgate.com. Expect it within 48 hours.

Rush_that_speakssepotterKristie83Senash
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    edited November 2012
    Kilivitz said:

28th or on the 30th?

Yes to both. Unless you live in a weird timezone.
    Rush_that_speaksbyrne20mch202
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    Will it be possible for us to read the manual before the release date?
    Wonderboy2402DiscoCat
  • Kristie83Kristie83 Member Posts: 259
    Ok, I have a stupid question regarding pre-downloading. Lets say I do the pre-download, then before the release there are more fixes or changes or whatever to the game. Will I then have an unfixed or unchanged version? How does this work?
    beto
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    I imagine the launch will happen in the early afternoon on the 28th, MST. This could be quite late in the day for people living in Europe or Africa, or quite early in the morning for people living in Asia.
    Rush_that_speaksjunk11
  • loganultimaloganultima Member Posts: 109
    Can't wait to play the greatest RPG.
    byrne20LordsDarkKnight185WigglesOxford_Guy
  • Wonderboy2402Wonderboy2402 Member Posts: 121
    edited November 2012
    Excellent! Can't wait to see enhancements / improvements and fresh changes! Revisiting a familiar place and seeing some new light on things is going to be epic.

I also second the idea of releasing the manual early if possible, to tide us over. Or have about a finalized list of changes?
    LordsDarkKnight185Kristie83Oxford_GuySon_of_Imoen
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    Taking advantage of a US holiday to get the "soft" launch, aye?
    Quartz
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited November 2012
    Kristie83 said:

Ok, I have a stupid question regarding pre-downloading. Lets say I do the pre-download, then before the release there are more fixes or changes or whatever to the game. Will I then have an unfixed or unchanged version? How does this work?

@Kristie83, the installer will patch the game to the latest build. Every time you start it, if you have an internet connection it will either ask you or automatically look for the latest build/patch. If available, it will download the patch, install it and play.

I assume that's how it works, almost every installer i've seen works like that anyway.

So every time you start the game, if it has new fixes and stuff, it updates and you play.
    sepotterTanthalasQuartzlordkim
  • Kristie83Kristie83 Member Posts: 259
    @Mornmagor Thanks for resolving my stupid question!
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    Kristie83 said:

@Mornmagor Thanks for resolving my stupid question!

"The only stupid question is the one that goes unasked" - Some old guy I forgot.
    MornmagorKristie83Aristilliuseainterplay
  • NemissaNemissa Member Posts: 73
    Cheers :)
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660

"The only stupid question is the one that goes unasked" - Some old guy I forgot.

You obviously have not worked retail.
    Check out http://notalwaysright.com/
    Kristie83elminster
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    I just pre-ordered! I was always going for the android release, and get the PC version after my first playthrough, but I just couldnt take the stress anymore! ahhh... *slumps shoulders* I am so excited that it's weird! =)
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    edited November 2012
    Well done to everyone at Overhaul and to all you lovely beta testers!
    AristilliusMornmagorBelgarathMTHZinodin
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    Oh my God, I can't believe it
    I've never been this close tofailingmydiplomathesis from hoooome

http://www.tape.tv/musikvideos/Kaiser-Chiefs/Oh-My-God
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    thanks for sharing that @swnmcmlxi, feels oddly fitting :)
    swnmcmlxi
  • LediathLediath Member Posts: 125
    Congrats to the team :)

Razor
  • veevitoveevito Member Posts: 35
    AHHHH!!!!!!, unlock dis beeyatch on friday!!!
  • flame867flame867 Member Posts: 32
    The_New_RomanceZinodinKahzemMedullaOblongata
  • randyroorandyroo Member Posts: 54
    Phillip Daigle i think i love you.
    The_New_Romance
  • HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    Oy, This is like waiting for Diablo III all over again. A couple days until I can get it on my computer and only 8 days until I can start a new adventure...

My ex girlfriend has every right to call me nerdy.