Skip to content

No Werewolf cure

MythdraconMythdracon Member Posts: 187
edited December 2012 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
After killing the mage Selaad and his assistant following the adventure of the mysterious island, my party remains infected by lycanthropy. Even after killing the mage, kicking out my party, resting, then having my party rejoin, they remain infected, and turn into werewolves whenever I rest or travel. My game cannot progress beyond this point unless this is fixed.

Help!

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Check to see if your game has the variable sprite_is_dead_mendas or if the value for the global variable "Infected" is a 1. If it is, then access the console and change that value to a 2, which should stop the player_werewolf_change spell from targeting your party members.
  • MythdraconMythdracon Member Posts: 187
    edited December 2012
    Hum, how do I do that? I'm technologically challenged. Do I check the console from in-game, or just access/change the .ini file outside the game?
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    edited December 2012
    If you are able to access the console--there is a thread here about how to activate it but I would have to search for it right now or I would be linking it--then you can use CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("global","infected",2); (make sure to put the semicolon...I think that is the proper syntax but I will have to double-check that). Failing that, you can use either Shadowkeeper or NearInfinity to edit the variable value. I know--I make it sound easier than it probably is...that happens a lot.

Ah so--found it. http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8165/savegame-or-character-editor-compatibility-shadowkeeper-instructions-in-3rd-post-further-updates/p1