Skip to content

scroll case, bag of holding, gem bag, potions case locations thanks.....

potion case = high hedge mage
gem bag= neera wild mage in her inventory
bag of holding??????
scroll case????????

Comments

• MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    No bag of holding or scroll case. The scroll case if you use the console command only holds 20 scrolls. If you use the console to cheat a bag of holding, use bag31 as all the others have stuff in them.
    BaldursCat
  • forgotten_wolfforgotten_wolf Member Posts: 28
    @merlance :( that is so sad they didn't drop a bag of holding somewhere or scroll case
    thanks for the bag tip
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I found one legitimately close to the beginning of the game. I just can't remember exactly where. I'm pretty sure I didn't use the console to create it, unless I did but forgot.
  • pedrorqpedrorq Member Posts: 54
    Could it be in Candlekeep? Supposedly that's where the only Katana is too :S
  • Prince_of_LiesPrince_of_Lies Member Posts: 90
    @pedrorq, that's not the only katana, though they are exceptionally rare. There is a magic one that you can find by progressing through the story.
    Where to find it: Daveorn's floor of cloakwood mines, in a chest.
    pedrorq
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    There are no bag of holding because it's a too good item for heroes wannabe that we are in the first game. You can CLUA it in if you want.

There is no scroll case, but there should be one since there is a gem and potion case.
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    I don't miss the bag of holding. I think it's a bit "OP" item for a starting party. But a scroll case would be great!
    Sophia
  • RiolathelRiolathel Member Posts: 330
    Yeah i dont really feel bag of holding is all that necessary either.. sell your uneeded loot and carry a gem/potion bag and you should be fine
  • IgnatiusIgnatius Member Posts: 624
    I am the same. Weight and inventory management is for me an integral component of playing BG1. BoH just would not feel right. Scroll case and gem bag, however... I have always felt the former should be on sale at the Sorcerous Sundries and/or High Hedge.
  • KomarrKomarr Member Posts: 80
    What's the CLUA console code for a scroll case?
  • RiolathelRiolathel Member Posts: 330
    Yeah I believe as is the only gem bag is the one on Neera. Definitely should be in a store somewhere..

Im fine with not having scroll cases.. Learn them or use them. Otherwise sell them. Wands are abundant. There's little reason keeping a scroll for a spell you have learned
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    For future scroll case cloners - it is highly likely the scroll case will be added in game somewhere next (or 2nd next) patch.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Ignatius said:

I have always felt the former should be on sale at the Sorcerous Sundries and/or High Hedge.

It wouldn't be out of place in Candlekeep either, what with it being a fort filled with books and scrolls.
    Sophia
    edited December 2012

It wouldn't be out of place in Candlekeep either, what with it being a fort filled with books and scrolls.

True. But probably unaffordable the first time around there...

For future scroll case cloners - it is highly likely the scroll case will be added in game somewhere next (or 2nd next) patch.

ah! thanks for this.

Riolathel said:

Im fine with not having scroll cases.. Learn them or use them. Otherwise sell them. Wands are abundant. There's little reason keeping a scroll for a spell you have learned

There is for green scrolls of protection - at least. And for Sorcerers.

• AlsnAlsn Member Posts: 97
    edited December 2012
    Komarr said:

What's the CLUA console code for a scroll case?

BAG03

And if anyone is interested, ammo belt is BAG05. Since ammo is weightless normally anyway, I don't find it hard to justify adding one to my party.

@pedrorq, that's not the only katana, though they are exceptionally rare. There is a magic one that you can find by progressing through the story.

Where to find it: Daveorn's floor of cloakwood mines, in a chest.
    I missed that one... and now the mines are flooded! :D

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Scroll cases are very helpful for sorcerers and bards. We need collections of scrolls to supplement our limited spell lists.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    The Scroll Case is a quest reward from Firebead Elvenhair in Beregost for bringing him a book.
    mctanaka
    Corvino said:

The Scroll Case is a quest reward from Firebead Elvenhair in Beregost for bringing him a book.

Not in BG:EE it isn't. :(

• CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    @pedrorq It is as of the latest patch - give it a try
    pedrorqmctanaka
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643

I'm quite certain I got one in Candlekeep before the latest patch without cheating. As of now it's still a mystery how I got it.

But I guess the point is moot now.
    Corvino said:

@pedrorq It is as of the latest patch - give it a try

hm, I've done the quest already on my last save :((((

• SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    Corvino said:

Not on iPad.

• EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    I think a bag of...bagging... would have been a nice compromise. A bag that only holds a limited amount of stuff and still adds the weight of the items within to your encumbrance.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited December 2012

Corvino said:

Not on iPad.

It was added on the patch that you guys don't have yet.

I'm kinda disappointed it was added in a way that people who have already completed the quest cannot get. Maybe next playthrough :)
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    edited December 2012
    Here are console cheats for all of the containers and their legitimate locations in the game:

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("bag02") | Gem Bag - Neera has it. She is in Beregost.
    CLUAConsole:CreateItem("bag03") | Scroll Case - Quest reward from Firebead Elvenhair in Beregost (added in patch 1.0.2011 )
    CLUAConsole:CreateItem("bag05") | Ammo Belt - NOT IN THE GAME
    CLUAConsole:CreateItem("bag06") | Potion Case - Thalantyr in High Hedge sells it for circa 200 gold
    CLUAConsole:CreateItem("bag31") | Bag of Holding - NOT IN THE GAME