Skip to content

BG1: Wyvern heads?

BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622
Beyond Coran needing a Wyvern head for purposes of fulfilling his quest and selling of the Wyvern head, what else is it good for?
Lifat

Comments

• DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Making a sack of money.

Is there a better use for an item?
    Jolanthuspurebredcorn
  • JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292
    Bjjorick said:

crap, from the title, i was expecting a stew recipie

Wyvern heads, Wyvern heads, roly poly Wyvern heads.
    Wyvern heads, Wyvern heads, eat'em up yum
    RenshtalisDraxAndarg
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Salt and pepper illithid is my preference.
    Rexfaroensis
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Does anyone remember hrothgar's house in IWD where he has trophies of all the monsters he has killed in his adventuring days, including the mounted head of an invisible stalker?
    There should be a bounty on these.
    MoomintrollCandramelekhHeya
  • ChippyChippy Member Posts: 241
    Keep resting in a weyvern cave, attack weyverns, load everyone up, sell to shop while price is high and we're all rich. Actually I was pretty immature in those days, I might be inclned to roleplay a bit more now.
  • RenshtalisRenshtalis Member Posts: 136
    @jolanthus fish heads dude, best song Eva! Second only to doctor worm! I'm not a real doctor but I am a real worm, I am!
  • DalrykDalryk Member Posts: 35
    edited January 2013
    Just noticed that Officer Vai in the Jovial Juggler in Beregost will buy heads for 1000g each! Not that there's a whole lot to buy, but whatever - mo money!!!
    DinsdalePiranha
  • leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    Also you can bring the head to the temple of Lathander E of Beregost for a bounty. I believe that's what Coran was supposed to collect his bounty from.
  • ZarakinthishZarakinthish Member Posts: 214
    All this talk of eating Wyvern heads reminds me of the old Gold Box game Dark Queen of Krynn. Near the end, I recall something about eating black pudding (a monster in the jelly/ooze family).
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    edited January 2013
    @zarakinthish Black pudding's also a rather tasty sort of traditional pork product made from blood, fat and barley. Goes well in a full English or Irish cooked breakfast. Eating oozes just sounds wrong.

Edit - yeah, from the ingredients list it sounds completely disgusting but it can be really good when done well. Like Haggis. Or most local delicacies.
  • valkyvalky Member Posts: 386
    @Corvino in Germany it's called Blutwurst, quite disgusting but it's basically the same, not sure about the barley..but there is a lot of fat in it. Just by thinking of it makes me puke...grandpa used to eat that shi...erm stuff.

Oh, else Wyvern heads are also good for making helmets in IWD2 :) in BG1 they are only worth 1k gold each...I heard, that sleeping in some odd locations might attract them every now and then.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Boaster said:

Beyond Coran needing a Wyvern head for purposes of fulfilling his quest and selling of the Wyvern head, what else is it good for?

I think what you are asking is, can you sell them anywhere. And the answer is yes. I am pretty sure that Feldpost will purchase them. Leastwise, somewhere in Bergost you can unload them for a profit. You don't get much (50gp, I think), but yeah. you can sell them.

Oh, and you don't need to have Coran in your party to get the first quest completed. merely take them to the Temple next to Bergost.

• ZarakinthishZarakinthish Member Posts: 214
    edited January 2013
    After a search I found the bit from Dark Queen of Krynn. It is as follows:
    "Black pudding is considered a delicacy in the Fire Fleet, particulary after several months on the Boiling Sea. As black pudding is a ravenous cannivore, it first must be caught, before being prepared for consumption. Pages 2,976,341 through 3,123,882 of Volume LXXIII of Thrapskaddidlogrumpanaciouslaxzitinity's semi-authoritative study of monster hunting, How People Try to Catch Monsters, contain some 8,647 methods for acquiring puddings. Many of these techniques are not recommended, as they leave the black pudding in an inedible fomm. Black pudding must be kept in secure ceramic containers prior to cooking, to limit damage to culinary personnel. Special longhandled asbestos ladles are ideal for transporting black pudding from these containers to the deck of the vessel. They are also used for cooking the black pudding. Black pudding is traditionally cooked by immersion in boiling lava. (Drikulomengrabaciflatorengulixfreibie, Navigating the Buming Sea, page 323, column 77), although the breath of a cooperative red or gold dragon may be substituted in a pinch. Four to five minutes of immersion per pint of black pudding is a reasonable cooking time; properly cooked black pudding will have a syrupy, gelatinous texture. Extreme Care must be taken not to serve undercooked black pudding; catastrophic cases of indigestion may result from improper preparation.

After removing the black pudding from the boiling lava, it must be set aside for about three hours, until the coating of basalt has fully congealed. After chipping off the basalt, the black pudding should be seasoned liberally with celebdil, ground caradhras, and fanuidhol seeds, then served hot- One quart of black pudding
    should serve two to three gnomes, unless they are especially hungry. Leftover black pudding may be served for several weeks, although its consistency will suffer."

Edit: For some reason the forum is inserting a return after pudding, making the entry look odd.
    Spjuv3rnJustarius
  • DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    Dalryk said:

Just noticed that Officer Vai in the Jovial Juggler in Beregost will buy heads for 1000g each! Not that there's a whole lot to buy, but whatever - mo money!!!

and she'll keep on doing that till the end of the game, if you *don't* sell her all your bandit scalps - just keep one in the inventory to keep her from leaving, and you'll get a nice extra load of cash for wyvern heads.
    cedesse
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    @Zarakinthish sounds a bit like the Wild Haggis supposedly native to Scotland:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_haggis
  • cedessecedesse Member Posts: 18

and she'll keep on doing that till the end of the game, if you *don't* sell her all your bandit scalps - just keep one in the inventory to keep her from leaving, and you'll get a nice extra load of cash for wyvern heads.

So bloody typical! I have walked all the way up from the Cloakwood mines with two dead bodies and 4 Wyvern heads, AND ankheg heads... last bandit scalps handed in... overwrite long quick save track... and now that blasted officer Vai has run off!

I get SICK of this game and all its unpredictable details that constantly waste your time. :(
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    You can still sell them in Sorcerous Sundries for 500 each.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Start>Shutdown>Go to bed....
  • SplodSplod Member Posts: 114

You can still sell them in Sorcerous Sundries for 500 each.

That's what I do with mine.
    I have the feeling the latest patch changed it so Officer Vai would only buy Bandit Scalps... I swear I read that somewhere in the change logs.

• KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    I remember there was magic helmet in IWD2, that was made out of small dragons head...
    I wish you could make one out of Wyverns head! [Feature Request?]

I mean, cmon: Ankheg armor, Wyvern Helmet... Whole set made out of exotic creatures! How cool is that?!
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Yep, she's no longer buying other things. Feldpost Inn still buys them.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    KidCarnival
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I think you should be able to make a cloak or gloves from Winter Wolf pelts too. I like gear-crafting quests. They could just give you cold resistance like the Boots of the North.
    KidCarnival
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    edited January 2013
    major ninja.