Skip to content

Need help from exped Member

Well im in that place where u find zordal and bentha

i have to questions:

Zordal owns me hard, how to beat him?

and should i let bentha die or save her? whats more profit?

Comments

• NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    ya ownage em wit da boomstick kaboom fin!
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    I've never really had trouble with Zordal, but the key with mages is to disable them or interrupt their spellcasting. If you can cast silence, command, sleep, blindness, those might help you against him. Have your archers pelt him with arrows to interrupt spellcasting as well. If are having a hard time hitting him or dealing damage, use any strength potions or potions that give a bonus to THAC0, etc. If you still can't beat him, post your character (lvl, class) and party makeup here and I'm sure we can help you more specifically.

As far as what's most profitable ... my first answer is that this is an RPG, where you make choices and then deal with the consequences of those choices. I would even suggest that you play your character in a role, based on alignment/race/class and how you envision that character. If none of that matters to you, this guide might help - http://www.forgottenwars.com/bg1/ar4900.htm
  • baaddarebaaddare Member Posts: 145
    You could drink potions of clarity before hand and also have fear buffs cast before hand.
    GaNoN
  • AgricolaAgricola Member Posts: 21
    Never had too much trouble with him. Magic missile can be useful for getting rid of the mirror images; if you cast the blind spell on him there's a slightly below even chance that it'll work, if it does and nobody is adjacent to him he won't be able to see anyone to cast spells at. I believe imoen starts with a wand of magic missile doesn't she? Don't be afraid to use your wands, except for the wand of terror.

I'm pretty sure you can send individual characters out of the area one at a time if they get wounded.

Saving her nets the most xp I think, but I don't remember clearly. Just quicksave before you chat with her and try the various options to see what dialogue nets you the best reward.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    From a strictly powergaming perspective, whether or not you should let the "witch" die depends on whether you want her mage robes =P

Counter Zordal's Mirror Image with a barrage of magic missiles, then interrupt his subsequent casts. He is much, much easier to handle if you can avoid his Horror, and since it's hard to interrupt, you might want to cast Remove Fear ahead of time. Or, if you have a bard, play a bardsong.
  • emjayemjay Member Posts: 84
    From memory you get a much better potion (invulnerable) if she dies
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Get a cleric first. From your other postings, you don't seem to have one. Command and Remove Fear are cleric spells.