Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
    Can I add a another request, that "Baldur.gam" be saved as "BALDUR.GAM"? the lower case form doesn't seem to get recognized on my iPad.
    mars0124mattinm
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I like GEEK or BEEkeeper for a name. Start a poll.

Great work.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    BEEkeeper!
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    kEEper ;)
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Shadowkeeper: EE

Shadowkeeper enhanced edition (with 200 fixes)
    SirK8RythgarCrevsDaak
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @nsr, it will be done :).
    mars0124
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Troodon80
    I recommend adding a second field to let the user select the local game files directory. If they move it for any reason out of their Documents folder, they won't be able to find it.
    edited March 2013
    @Aosaw, interesting idea. I had planned on a drag and drop feature, too, meaning that finding the save directory wouldn't even be necessary. I'll put your suggestion on my list of things to do and think about adding a drag and drop feature later.
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
  • DaveRoidDaveRoid Member Posts: 26
    edited March 2013
    Troodon80 thanks for the mod. Is it possible to give the stat screen an option so we can reroll to get our preferred stats? like the game does for pc's?

Editing them arbitrarily doesn't feel right or fun.
    @DaveRoid, I can do that, but I would have to know exactly what the minimum and maximum stat rolls are for each race and class. I can guess that it's between 70 and 85 for most classes. It would have to be implemented in a similar way to how the game does it, which means that one of the devs would probably have to tell me.

I've looked through some of the 2DA files and I can't find anything in there, so it's probably a hardcoded random number between X and Y value, but @mlnevese or someone else might be able to clarify that for me.

Editing the values might not seem right, but what I can do is add a label to tell the user how many points there are when you add them up. That way, you can always keep them within a set number in total.
  • mars0124mars0124 Member Posts: 180
    Traditional D&D uses 3d6... But I don't know if I've rolled a 3 more than a handful of times, whereas I've rolled plenty of 18s.
  • SgthawkerSgthawker Member Posts: 31
    mars0124 said:

Traditional D&D uses 3d6... But I don't know if I've rolled a 3 more than a handful of times, whereas I've rolled plenty of 18s.

Talk about loaded dice. LOL ;-)

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Troodon80 The stat rolling system is hardcoded and although there are a lot of guessing involved in how the game does it, only a developer with code access can answer you for sure. Race modifiers are 2da based, but I'm not sure about class requirements. I believe they're 2da based as well or we wouldn't see so many mod class kits implementing their own. The same goes to any stat bonus/limitation a class gives.

When I'm back home, I'll take a closer look at the 2da structure.
  • zupskyzupsky Member Posts: 126
    Hi! I have a problem. I changed Rasaad to cleric and added to him proficiency in maces and sword and shield style, but in game he doesn't have any proficiency now. What am I doing wrong? Or maybe it is problem with EE Keeper?
    @mlnevese, that's what I figured. I can do 3d6 for each stat, though, then add whatever bonus is required from the files. That's probably the easiest for now.

@zupsky, I just tried it, so I'm not sure what the problem is in this case. Did you keep the proficiencies in the '1st Class' column (example)? If you did, can you archive and upload the save game for me to examine?
    edited March 2013
    I have this problem with all NPCs. I've attached cre for Imoen and Rasaad on lvl 1.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?3vc7ddcst4exs0a
    Post edited by zupsky on
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    @Troodon80 - to emulate the game, throw away any roll under 75 (and re-roll). That's why people see more 18s than 3s, the game silently discards any rolls where the total falls below this limit.
  • DaveRoidDaveRoid Member Posts: 26
    edited March 2013
    Troodon80 said:

@DaveRoid, I can do that, but I would have to know exactly what the minimum and maximum stat rolls are for each race and class. I can guess that it's between 70 and 85 for most classes. It would have to be implemented in a similar way to how the game does it, which means that one of the devs would probably have to tell me.

I've looked through some of the 2DA files and I can't find anything in there, so it's probably a hardcoded random number between X and Y value, but @mlnevese or someone else might be able to clarify that for me.

Editing the values might not seem right, but what I can do is add a label to tell the user how many points there are when you add them up. That way, you can always keep them within a set number in total.

Well it doesn't have to be too complicated but it would really add some new functionality that would be real nice/fun to have. The total points thing also works.

Thanks for looking into it :)

zupsky said:

I have this problem with all NPCs. I've attached cre for Imoen and Rasaad on lvl 1.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?3vc7ddcst4exs0a

@zupsky, I need to ask in order to clarify: are you trying to modify the saved game or the CRE file? Did you export the CRE file from the save game?

If you modified the CRE file, then the effects of the modification won't be apparent until you start a new game. In order to get immediate effects, you will need to modify the actual saved game. If you also want the change to affect future games, then you will also need to export the character as the appropriate names; i.e. all the RASAAD files: RASAAD, RASAAD2, RASAAD4, RASAAD6.

If you modified the character in the save game, and then exported that character, without saving the actual save game then that would be the cause.

If you are editing the actual save game, and saving it, then it should work; which is why I need the clarification :).
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    My BEEKeeper can't find the installaction directory of BGEE. How is that possible?
    @Troodon80, I modified CRE files. And I know, that if I want see any changes I need to create new game, or summon via Clua console new cre file. I see other changes like class, spells, paperdoll but edited NPC's don't have any proficiency.
    Download these 2 files that I've attached in my last post and put them in override folder. You will see that Imoen outside Candlekeep will be a mage (because the one in the Candlekeep is a different cre file, and she already is a mage lol), but she won't have proficiency in darts that I gave her with EE Keeper. Same with Rasaad. Maybe proficiency of NPCs are stored in other way?
    @ShapiroKeatsDarkMage, if the program can't find the installation directory automatically, then you will need to find it manually, just click on Browse and find the installation directory (I would love to know if there is a registry entry for it).

@zupsky, I'll have to look into this further, but there does seem to be an inconsistency. I don't think you can modify the proficiency values of a CRE file in DLTCEP, either, so I'll need to do some hexadecimal crawling. For now, I would suggest modifying the character in the save game (or saving the game at the start, and then modifying whatever characters you want via the Out of Party option, found in tools when a save game has been loaded into 'Keeper).
    crxer
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    I've been away for a few days, but on the name issue I like BEEKeeper because it's silly. A conservative option could be shadowkEEper. But @Troodon80, you did and still do the work, you should ultimately have the final word.
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    The only issue with BEEKeeper is that Bee Keepers are real, so a google search for "beekeeper" might not turn up this niche program in the first ten pages of results.

"GEEKeeper" is similarly silly, and far less ambiguous. Or just "EEKeeper", for that matter.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    EEKeeper gets my vote. ;)
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    I'd go for ShadowkEEper, or EE keeper.
    ShadowkEEper is nice, it's still the same name as the original, but with a small twist. I think it clearly shows where this app is coming from and gives the original app enough "recognition".
  • RasekovRasekov Member Posts: 59
    The problem with ShadowkEEper is that it would be hell to search for it in google or using the search function of any forum.

+1 for EEKeeper.
    DarksheerNifft
  • WulfyWulfy Member Posts: 32
    BEEKeeper. Absolutely.
  • DarksheerDarksheer Member Posts: 84
    EEKeeper +1
  • RcoutmeRcoutme Member Posts: 1
    I am having a problem downloading. The zip file is not recognized by my computer (Windows 7). What am I doing wrong?