Skip to content

What Android devices should we prioritize our development for?

TrentOsterTrentOster Administrator, Developer Posts: 433
edited March 2013 in Android (Archive)
We're trying to sort out the order we attack the various devices in terms of development and testing.
Please only comment to add a new device to the list.
  1. What Android devices should we prioritize our development for?1965 votes
    1. Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
        9.87%
    2. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7-inch
        4.43%
    3. Asus Transformer TF700
        7.12%
    4. Nexus 7
      39.64%
    5. Nexus 10
      13.44%
    6. Amazon Kindle Fire HD
        4.43%
    7. Asus Transformer TF300
        7.07%
    8. Samsung Galaxy Note 2
        8.85%
    9. Motorola Xoom
        2.49%
    10. Sony Xperia S
        2.65%
Post edited by TrentOster on
AristilliusJalilyfooflamfinnAntoncmk24DiscoCatChetNordomBaldurdashJondanSchnitzelCyramboAndreaColomboAnduinDullSkullTheSecondRavuletCrevsDaaksqualltheonlylolien

Comments

• jbeigejbeige Member Posts: 2
    Toshiba Thrive 10"!!! Please! Or any Tegra2 device, and hopefully I can get it to work..
    diggerb
  • secretfiresecretfire Member Posts: 63
    edited March 2013
    JXD s7300, (Chip: Amlogic MX (Cortex A9 CPU, ARM mali400 GPU), Dual core, 1.5GHz
    DDR: 1GB DDR3, Screen: 7.0-inch (diagonal) LCD, 1024*600 pixel) --- http://www.willgoo.com/jxd-s7300-dual-core-hd-gamepad2-dual-joystick-lr-buttons-8gb-p-306.html

Edit: Has better specs then the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7-Inch - so I'm going to assume it will run BGEE if that can. This is one of the better-selling and more high-end "chineese gaming tablets" on the market; it has buttons and so on for playing emulated games and such. There are a lot of devices 'like' this, but for now, this is the most popular/baseline of them.
    Post edited by secretfire on
  • AremorAremor Member Posts: 1
    Samsung Galaxy Note 1
    Siriomchacu669trumpettijonasnicholls
  • BethrezenBethrezen Member Posts: 1
    Nexus 7 is a great well rounder and I think that it should be the prime tablet.
    qu4ttroXijekaephex
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    edited March 2013
    I want it for "Asus Transformer TF101"
    rejoperejoqu4ttrogiantyak
  • SiriomSiriom Member Posts: 12
    Aremor said:

Samsung Galaxy Note 1

What he said.
    trumpetti
  • FungostarFungostar Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 179
    Please make it run on baseline reference devices, all other will come as a consequence.
    etotheodiggerb
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Hum, after the thread was made an announcement my post disappear, so I ask again: Will there by some synergy effects between working on the Nexus and Asus tablets? Arent those tablets on similar specs?

Voted ASUS tf300 myself =)
    mikeneame
  • inYokainYoka Member Posts: 4
    Asus Transformer TF101, please
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    My post disappeared too.
    Anyway-voted for Motorola Xoom, but I have a Xoom2/Xyboard (Similar and a bit better than ipad2/samsung galaxy tab 10.1 of that time)
  • CreepingJudasCreepingJudas Member Posts: 1
    Not on the list but Tab 2 10.1
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Asus Transformer TF101
  • KubusKubus Member Posts: 15
    TF201 :) Voted for the TF300 with nearly the same specs, would be really nice to play this on easter!
    mikeneame
  • ozzykidrozzykidr Member Posts: 1
    Samsung note 2 and transformer tf700
    noonoo
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    How uniform are Android devices? Is the multi-platform testing needed because of hardware specs or for the OS?
  • meyerjgmeyerjg Member Posts: 1
    Nexus 10 all the way!!
    matthileoEspionage724
  • k8eycatk8eycat Member Posts: 21

Not on the list but Tab 2 10.1

This. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. I have several friends that have them and we've all been waiting for the Android release.

Please?
    A1DoggsSavogensis
  • ChetChet Member Posts: 64
    I voted Asus Transformer TF700, but I just want to add that I have the keyboard and trackpad dock.
  • RetrotimRetrotim Member Posts: 1
    Nex10 is a must device.
    matthileoEspionage724
  • diggerbdiggerb Member Posts: 132
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (1) 10.1
  • ansayaminaansayamina Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    Siriom said:

Aremor said:

Samsung Galaxy Note 1

This, very much. GemRB works great on it, and so will BGEE.
    What he said.
    Also, 1,280 x 800 resolution, stylus and portability. Sure, Note II can be as good but lot's of people didn't upgrade when new model came out.
  • laneislaneis Member Posts: 11
    galaxy note 2 !
    jjb
  • HemiHemi Member Posts: 8
    Nexus 10 or any tablet with mali-xxx
  • palpatine87palpatine87 Member Posts: 4
    Got chinese 9,7' tablet with Boxchip A10, 1.5GHz Cortex A8 CPU and 1024x768 resolution, probably has enough juice to get bgee going, but does google approval it so I could download bgee from googleplay after release, is totally different story
    LordsDarkKnight185
  • ThomaswThomasw Member Posts: 18
    Of all the people I know with android tablets, the nexus 7 is the most common by far.
    qu4ttro
  • ansayaminaansayamina Member Posts: 4
    Thomasw said:

Of all the people I know with android tablets, the nexus 7 is the most common by far.

That's USA. On european side of the pond Samsungs devices are winning the popularity contest.
  • ThomaswThomasw Member Posts: 18

Thomasw said:

That's USA. On european side of the pond Samsungs devices are winning the popularity contest.
    I am in the UK. I don't actually know anyone with a Samsung tablet, whereas I know of 5 people (including) with nexus 7's. I know this is probably not representative of the whole country, just merely my experience. I would actually say most people in the UK have Ipads, which is irrelevant for this poll :)
    moody_mage
  • anonymous123anonymous123 Member Posts: 1
    Asus Transformer TF201 - this is still a major device, and likely owned by many of your core demographic.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615

Got chinese 9,7' tablet with Boxchip A10, 1.5GHz Cortex A8 CPU and 1024x768 resolution, probably has enough juice to get bgee going, but does google approval it so I could download bgee from googleplay after release, is totally different story

I agree i'm 100% positive my Nook HD could run it, but Nook HD's cannot do googleplay, It would have to be bought through Barnes & Noble's site directly. So the chances that it will be available for me is pretty much zip.