Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition is coming to Mac & PC on November 15th

PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
edited August 2013 in Archived News
Hi Friends,

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition will be officially announced today at PAX and will be coming to Mac and PC on November 15th! The iPad and Android versions will follow soon afterwards. Because you're our loyal forum members, you get an early peek!

It has been a long road getting here, but we're very excited to show off what we've been working on.

Check out the official website for more information, the first batch of screenshots, some cool art, and a video: www.BaldursGateII.com

~Also~

DID SOMEONE SAY BG2EE WALLPAPER? WELL I SURE HOPE THEY DID BECAUSE HERE YOU GO:

1440p
1440p, No Logo

1080p
1080p, No Logo

720p
720p, No Logo

Post edited by PhillipDaigle on
Heindrich[Deleted User]FredSRichardsonMoradintrinitStarflower2525KharasSchopenhauerCerevantAtlanticPeccakamuizinBadmassdrawnacrolSliceofhelllefreutDexterDragonspearluskanTroodon80AndreaColomboBeetlewojtek[Deleted User]KilivitzWandering_MinstrelDeealannahsmithmch202MessiSedsunset00Wikkid_SuhnDurlag_ThunderaxegereyKirinaldoShadowHunterMadeiraEleutherosShinBelgarathMTHcmk24elminsterFungostarDafojksmeagolheartFredjoCyricistMontresor_SPMortiannaDarksheerAstroBryGuymlneveseproccosterkelmJairyannaronaldo[Deleted User]FlashburnAdulSpaceInvaderankhegsarevok57ShYarivShadowdemonAutequimantaavoidKolonKuShapiroKeatsDarkMagedarrenkuoScooterRedGuardKavainSkydogaqzinaSniiiimonJamespekirtParasolsyndicateBalquoCluasEtaminalish74The_New_RomancebadbromanceTannerElectricMonkSomulo_CalawenBugratAkihikoDaramatisElitroGarmdosentti666alnairMatSutaPaulgAristilliusQuartzMichailNecdilzorSyntia13SwordsNotWordsThrasymachusghostowlStoneSwordsBaldursCatLeoNegusRahlikPibaroDjimmyLunastorm125killeahLokizarroSamuelVargAkerhonstyggaKamigoroshiNonnahswriterCalmarZanianAnduinZeratulCantablunarJuliusBorisovSenashSixheadeddogUbiquitIlphalarCoryNewbEndlesswaveYozZzZzmashedtatersSvendrynDark_OgrCleaveartificial_sunlightKougaAwong124TurinXivirielDaemondevirHeadbombAlkaluropsermoSirK8GodKaiserHellEnialusMeliamnebpmayerDraith012leeho730MoiraBoozillaLisaralinGilgalahadKenjiRajickWonderboy2402Valchisttotuccio5DreskrathlordTarantioSarvTrexgodJonelethIrenicusCrevsDaakSeyedTeflonCelthalionSilverstarLemmiumlatecomerLuthfordChinookUTsobiyanggroogg24WanderonItomonJarvisMarkosBasillicumHassonArcalian

Comments

• MoradinMoradin Member Posts: 372
    edited August 2013
    Great news. Immediately tried to pre-purchase it, but the page doesn't seem to work, neither in Opera, nor in Explorer. Any help?

Edit: I tried a different way and it works. The purchase can be done through the Beamdog site:

http://www.beamdog.com/products/baldurs-gate-ii-enhanced-edition-for-windows

Thanks guys, I think everyone that grew up with these games like I did is immensely grateful for your wonderful work!

@Dee, I was unable to go through with the purchase, the page just froze. But I solved going directly to the Beamdog site. Thanks.
    PaulgGozeta
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    We're literally bringing everything online right now, so things might be a bit quirky for a few minutes.
    Paulg
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Does the store page not load, or are you unable to purchase it?
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    I got BG EE from Steam. If I pre-order BG 2 EE from Beamdog, there won't be any compatibility issues right? I'm 99% sure it'll be fine, but I just wanna confirm encase there might be unforseen consequences.

Also am I right to understand Beamdog users get patches quicker?
    @Heindrich1988
    They should be fully compatible with the Steam version, yes. The games are largely the same as long as the Steam version is up-to-date.

As for patches, there's always going to be a period of latency simply because of the number of parties involved, but eventually Steam will get every patch we release.
    HeindrichDexter
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Bought. Hooray for me!
    Paulg
  • Starflower2525Starflower2525 Member Posts: 44
    Awesome!
    PaulgJuliusBorisov
  • KharasKharas Member Posts: 150
    Woooooohhhhh!!!!
    Paulg
  • shadowstriker85shadowstriker85 Member Posts: 14
    Thats nice. Where is the android version of BG:EE?
    The_New_RomanceSerra
  • EdgeOfPainEdgeOfPain Member Posts: 3
    First, Rome II. Now, this.

My life is complete :O
    sarevok57Paulg
  • AtlanticAtlantic Member Posts: 44
    Hehe thought this announcement might have been coming up soon :D
    Paulg

Thats nice. Where is the android version of BG:EE?

We have two sides of development. On one side is content development; that's where things like NPC and quest content, basic bug fixes, and new products like BG2EE get created. That work is on-going, and certainly won't stop any time soon. It's the work that ensures you do get a patch when a patch is needed (although sometimes you have to wait a while).

On the other side is engine development; that's where things like performance enhancements, renderer fixes, and platform compatibility happen. This is the side that works on stability for Windows, Mac, iPad, and Android.

So in other words, the Android version is being worked on by a separate team from BG2EE. I hope that clears things up a bit.
    SchopenhauerDragonspearsunset00ermo
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    Holy Batman the amount of new locations!!!

BG1EE was amazing but 2 is my favourite game of all time so I can't wait for this!!!!!!!!
    DragonspearEleutherosPaulgCrevsDaak
  • RaphaeRaphae Member Posts: 16
    I'm glad you've made it! And by the way, I've got a suggestion: let sub-races, like drow, sun elves, duergars etc., be playable. That would be a nice improvement, in terms of role-play.
    PaulgRemenissions
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    very very glad to hear this news! november can't come fast enough now. just a comment- UI look nice and definitely improved. and is it my imagination or do some areas look much better? O.o
    SchopenhauerPaulgJuliusBorisov
  • BorsookBorsook Member Posts: 152
    Will BG2EE be available on steam? That's a rather important question to me :)
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    Huh, I certainly never expected it this soon. Still makes me full of joy and happiness, and its right in time for my yearly BG2 playthrough (which is usually Decemberish)
    Paulg
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited August 2013
    Well, any plans in charge the game in the currency of the customer country? The dollar is too high in my country atm TT. Well, it can drop until november, but who knows? By the way, an alternative way of payment would be nice also, in Brazil we're more adept on bank slip.

Santander Bank, that belongs to the Santander group, the largest bank in the eurozone is viable maybe? Well Citybank is also viable and with a good amount of agencies in Brazil (at least in Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo) :)!

Ps: No pre-order discount to people that pre-ordere BG:EE (and thus have pre-order badges)?
  • Spam101Spam101 Member Posts: 15
    All I can say is after all the false promises and balls ups with the first release I don't think you deserve any of my money.
    TurelusSese79
  • DexterDexter Member Posts: 253
    This is gonna be huge. BG1 is great, but BG2 is the greatest game ever!
    PaulgCrevsDaak
  • RedWizardsRedWizards Member Posts: 29
    Will it be on steam on 11/15?

Will it be on steam on 11/15?

Likely not. That's not to say it will never be released on Steam, but at launch (Nov. 15) it will most likely only be available from Beamdog.
  • RedWizardsRedWizards Member Posts: 29
    =[
  • yazgangyazgang Member Posts: 41
    pre-ordered already. is there a badge?
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    No pre-order for me, but Hexxat seems like an interesting addition to the roster and the visuals are impressive.
    yazgang said:

pre-ordered already. is there a badge?

We're working on creating one.
    yazgangPaulg
This discussion has been closed.