Skip to content

Request for meeting Hexxat quest (contains spoilers)

This is a bit of a strange request, but for the quest where Hexxat is first introduced (aka, storming Dragomir's tomb), is it possible to give us a choice between the real Hexxat and the false one (Clara, i believe she was actually called)?

When i first ran into her i felt that she could be a rather interesting character and was a bit disappointed when she was killed and replaced with the actual Hexxat. This made me think that it could be an interesting turn of events where if you instead could chose to either help Clara or just watch as she dies, if you don't choose to help, then everything continues as normal and the real Hexxat becomes a choice for your party, but if you do help Clara, you have to fight off the real Hexxat and can then keep Clara in your party, who herself has to start figuring out what to do with herself now that her mistress has died (in short, Character development).

Anyways, this was just an idea that i had since i found that i actually liked Clara more then i liked Hexxat, i'm hoping that others might think it could be a good idea too.

yaballaEdvinSirrionEmmiLoReN_LK

Comments

• QueynosQueynos Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 127
    Give Hexxat more time, she is a very interresting and complex character, although I have to say I liked Faxxat portrait better.
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    Gotta say I agree with you 100%!! I was a little knocked back when I couldn't save her! Would of rather kept her! But I am slowly taking to the real hexxat now. I just think it would of been pretty cool if you had the choice to save and keep Clara :)
  • Sir_MurderhoboSir_Murderhobo Member Posts: 9
    Queynos said:

Give Hexxat more time, she is a very interresting and complex character, although I have to say I liked Faxxat portrait better.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying take Hexxat out or anything, i'm sure she's a good character when you get further in (i've only done the quest to get her after all), i just think it'd be awesome if we could have a choice between the two of them.

• yaballayaballa Member Posts: 41
    Yeah, I like Clara more as well. I asked for a small mod just to keep her alive - revive her in the Modding forum.
    Emmi
  • EmmiEmmi Member Posts: 77
    I was so bummed out when Clara died. She was weird, but that kinda made her interesting. And I'm not that big of a fan of a vampire thief. Maybe its just me, but I feel like Clara surviving Hexxats attemt to kill her (saved by Charname, maybe?) and has to figure out what she should do now... Really a shame she just dies.
    Sir_Murderhobobyrne20
  • MordrayMordray Member Posts: 6
    For me she did not die. After I got hexxat in the party I could just talk to the other girl and have her come aswell. But since she kept going on about Dragomir's Tomb everytime I changed area or rested I decided to let her go.
  • Heroes821Heroes821 Member Posts: 2
    I was going to post on the bigger thread about this, but its locked due to racist comments.

Anyway, I totally agree Clara seemed like an interesting character that I would in future saves like the ability to save and develop.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    since this is such a big topic right now and I finally got to playing and seeing the problem, I will just leave this here as it is not yet closed.

why not get the clara voice actor back in just for a dlc to have clara? people obviously seem desperate for it, and as a goody goody in all my games I would love the option to have her. I know we have talked about her being a blank slate and all but I guess if you gave her some quests of her own she could be quite interesting. I think I could get out my wallet for another good npc. Maybe we save her from hexxat who then hunts you two down as clara has something she wants/needs to simply hide the truth of her nature and we know too much, idk. I guess it isn't a big deal for me seeing as there are plenty of npcs to go around, but if I had the choice I would go clara being good as I am. as it is I don't care as I just waste away a potential npc by killing her. I just have no good reason.

so my advice is dlc. I can see this profiting.
    EmmiMagical_Trevor
  • SirrionSirrion Member Posts: 20
    Just dropping in to say i agree with OP.
    In the interest of keeping this thread open for as long as possible, i wont even argue.
    So yeah, just showing my support and thats all :)
    Sir_Murderhobo
  • EmmiEmmi Member Posts: 77
    edited November 2013
    Agreed. Btw, it sucked to see some people going way overboard in the big "Hexxat-Clara" thread. Totally uncalled for.

But on topic: There is a Clara mod being worked on, which is good news:
    http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56877-mod-clara-the-mistshadow-bg2ee/

But I would prefer a real DLC that allows you to save her and kill real Hexxat instead, complete with voice acting, character-specific quest and a lesbian romance option for female CHARNAMEs that aren't evil.
    For a DLC, the whole "blank slate" thing could actually turn out to be a good thing because the writers have a lot of freedom, even with what Hexxat tells us about Clara. The girl seemed to be kind of lost before falling under Hexxat's influence, similar to Hexxat herself, but not necessarily evil. Chaotic Neutral would probably the way to go, since Clara's most likely affected by being used like that and then almost killed. I would imagine that CHARNAME takes her under her/his wing to guide her to become a stronger person and overcome her past.

So, I'd say "DLC, please!". I'm perfectly willing to pay for a complete NPC.

(edit: link added)
    Sir_MurderhoboLoReN_LK
  • Sir_MurderhoboSir_Murderhobo Member Posts: 9
    Sirrion said:

Just dropping in to say i agree with OP.
    In the interest of keeping this thread open for as long as possible, i wont even argue.
    So yeah, just showing my support and thats all :)

Thanks for the support Sirrion!
    Emmi said:

Agreed. Btw, it sucked to see some people going way overboard in the big "Hexxat-Clara" thread. Totally uncalled for.

But on topic: There is a Clara mod being worked on, which is good news:
    http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56877-mod-clara-the-mistshadow-bg2ee/

So, I'd say "DLC, please!". I'm perfectly willing to pay for a complete NPC.

That's pretty cool that people are making a mod for it, but i agree, it'd be even better if the developers ran with the idea, i'd also happily buy that DLC if they did it.
    Emmi
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    Well the developers better claim the idea soon before the mod gets further in development
  • toshirotoshiro Member Posts: 113
    Yea I know this is neccro but appropriate after all hexxat is a vampire, will the developers admit they screwed up big time and add a patch where you have a choice, no probably not, hell it's been a year and they still haven't done a patch to fix all the bugs in there now like thief bug on backstabbing when dualed. For them BGEE and BG2EE are old news and probably off their radar, with IWD EE coming out and probably IWD2 EE in the works