Skip to content

Hexxat and Keldorn

Spirit665Spirit665 Member Posts: 3
Is there a mod to prevent from Keldorn from wanting Hexxat to leave the party/kill her? I really want them both in the same party :(

Also if there is one, how to go about installing it/getting it to work? This will be my first time using one.

Thank you!

Comments

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    BG2 Tweaks comes with the Happy Patch component, which disables fighting among NPCs.

Checkout the readme linked on that page for detailed instructions on how to install.
  • Spirit665Spirit665 Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2013
    Earlier, I read on a thread (http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23806/spoiler-hexxat-and-keldorn) that BG2 Tweaks does not apply to the new NPCs yet. I was also hoping not to use a solution that was on the mentioned thread where it basically killed Keldorn's banter/personality just to keep the peace within the party...

Hopefully there is another solution...?

EDIT: I just installed the Happy Patch to try it out myself and it doesn't work with Keldorn and Hexxat. Why does Keldorn have to be such an ass?
    Post edited by Spirit665 on
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Spirit665 said:

Why does Keldorn have to be such an ass?

Because as a Paladin, he's sworn to defend people from evil, bloodsucking, backstabbing monsters that are purely powered by the forces of darkness.

Like Hexxat.
    CrevsDaak[Deleted User]FlashburnJuliusBorisov
  • mysterymeepmysterymeep Member Posts: 33
    Hexxat is most of those things but isn't she actually powered by the bloodsucking? (I kid; I actually like her, but it kinda makes sense that she and Keldorn wouldn't get along, for those reasons.)
  • DeltharisDeltharis Member Posts: 124
    Hmm... did you try inviting him more than once? Or maybe having him and than inviting Hexxat? In-party conflict between Mazzy and Hexxat solved itself that way - Mazzy left because she couldn't take it anymore, I went to her house and invited her again and she became content with the party after that (done with happy patch installed).
    Spirit665
  • Spirit665Spirit665 Member Posts: 3
    I just hate Keldorn's very black and white view of the world.

And I tried Deltharis's solution and it works (so far)! I did have the happy patch installed as well. Thank you!
  • RhaellaRhaella Member, Developer Posts: 178
    Not that Keldorn's viewpoint isn't black and white in other ways, but I would be much more disturbed if he *didn't* have a problem with a vampire who had murdered someone right in front of him and now apparently goes out at night to feed on people. NO good aligned character should be okay with that, much less a paladin.
    Dragonfolk2000[Deleted User]
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    Spirit665 said:

Why does Keldorn have to be such an ass?

Keldorn likes to role play his class and character. Deal with it.

EudaemoniumCrevsDaak[Deleted User]God
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Rhaella said:

Not that Keldorn's viewpoint isn't black and white in other ways, but I would be much more disturbed if he *didn't* have a problem with a vampire who had murdered someone right in front of him and now apparently goes out at night to feed on people. NO good aligned character should be okay with that, much less a paladin.

Pretty much.

I love that you don't even find out she does that with an evil-aligned team. No F***s were given that night.
  • DevilGTDevilGT Member Posts: 35
    U can do it i have Keldorn+Dorn+Hexxat :D. Just when he says he cant deal with it pick up option when both of them leave party and start fight right after that talk to Keldorn before they start fight and he will ask u if u want him to join again tada. You just fooled the game into believing that hexxat killed Keldorn cause after he joins hexxat asks u if that was rly necessary to kill him. ;)
  • beaucoupjackbeaucoupjack Member Posts: 5
    When Keldorn pitches his fit about Hexxat, just agree with him and dismiss her. Then go and ask her to rejoin the party. I had just slept in the Coronet, so it was a non-event. If it happens again, I hope it's not in a situation where I can't retrieve her. But I'm only using her for her quests and maybe some traps.