Skip to content

Davaeorn the Ankheg

KeithSKeithS Member Posts: 623
edited July 2012 in Fixed
He appears to be incorrectly labelled as an Ankheg

--

Changed Race from Ankheg to Human in DAVEO.CRE

(Originally found and fixed in EasyTutu)
Post edited by Bhryaen on

Comments

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Confirmed.
    CameronTofer
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    edited June 2012
    Are these labels visible in the game, aka, are these the labels that appear as tooltips?
  • KeithSKeithS Member Posts: 623
    They're really only visible in tools. However, the reason I'm fixing them is they might cause certain spells not to work properly on the CRE (for example - Hold Person).
    Brimstone
    edited July 2012
    @KeithS
    Ah ok.
    Post edited by Tanthalas on
  • CameronToferCameronTofer Administrator, Developer Posts: 279
    So this is confirmed fixed?
  • WinthalWinthal Member Posts: 366
    maybe he was flagged as an ankheg as a quick way to make him immune to spells like hold person (that would make the fight too easy)?
  • technophobetechnophobe Member Posts: 68
    Too many of the enemies had inexplicable immunities like this. Daveaorn is a particularly egregious offender.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    that probally also makes it so he will be immune to the charm spells as well, he does dish out 6000 xp so he shouldnt be an easy enemy i would think
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Wow, he had me fooled! Davaeorn was an awfully human looking ankheg. That's a heck of a disguise.
  • AshielAshiel Member Posts: 254
    Glad to see this fixed. Nonsensical immunities are good for no one. It's bad in tabletop and bad in games.
    Knettgummi
  • KnettgummiKnettgummi Member Posts: 152
    I agree, @Ashiel. If the ankheg type was used to give Davaeorn some arbitrary immunities, I'd rather see it removed and then maybe give him a magic resistance buff to make up for it. That way it'd still be hard to just hose the fight with hold/charm spells, but there would at least be a realistic chance of lucking out.

The Davaeorn fight was always one of my favorite BG battles, he should be a tough challenge.
  • AshielAshiel Member Posts: 254
    He was incredibly challenging the last time I played BG through that portion, and my group was a bit OP in my opinion. Of course, I had the improved AI packs like SC-Strategems from Gibberlings 3, and he would speak to the party on sight. He then kept using some pretty nasty tactics IMO. Honestly, a mage who is using good AI is a terrible force to reckon with, and doesn't need extra immunities, resistances, or other illegal advantages.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    sometimes i kill him with my level 3 party, that makes that battle really fun, because it makes it hard as hell
    Ashiel
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    What happened to Davaeorn then? He received magical items to duplicate the immunities? For 6000 XP it should as be hard as it was. I think I read somewhere that You could duplicate the effects. Am I right?
    edited November 2012
    @Sese79

He actually already had an item with those the effects. The Ankheg race wasn't doing anything for him.
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    Really? Thanks.