Skip to content

Our Overhaul AMAA is complete!

NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Thank you so very much everyone for coming out and asking questions. We really appreciate the support! Back to work... zug zug, etc etc.. :D

The previous message still stands, so I'm going to leave it up. Thank you so very much.

---snip---

Okay, so, here's the deal. We got totally Obama'd. It's cool though - we are seriously going to write his administration and demand a case of White House beer as reparation for his faux pas.

Thank you so much, all of you, for your support of us and for your interest. We really want to do right for the community who loves this game, and for who this game is sacrosanct. You guys rule.

Here's the link to the AMA: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/z1af7/we_are_overhaul_games_the_team_behind_baldurs/

Feel free to keep posting your questions, you didn't miss it yet. (it's over now!)

---snip---
We're LIVE! Come on out and ask away!

EDIT: holy cow... so apparently Obama is doing an AMA at the same time (surprise!) the site is under heavy load, but we'll be here for hours to come so please be patient.
---snip---

Hey all,

we've had a few people express to us that they were interested in having a Q&A session with the BG:EE team! So, we decided the best place to do this Q&A would be on reddit this upcoming Wednesday TODAY!

For those not familiar, a Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) is a kind of open-forum interview. You can see an example of what it's all about here: http://www.reddit.com/r/iama
We'll be available from the start time until the end of our work day, so, probably at least 4+ hours.

Taking part will be everyone present in the office - myself, Trent Oster, our designers, our artists, our writers and our programmers. We'll make a formal introduction on the day of for you to read and find out exactly who we all are.

For necessary reasons it has to be an "AMAA" - Ask [us] ALMOST Anything - as even though we're willing to answer pretty much anything there will be some contractual-related questions we may not be able to answer depending on what people want to know.

If you have questions for the team, now's your chance to be heard and answered as best we can. =)

Help us get the word out - chances are the time will be too tight for us to do another session like this before the game is released. We're looking forward to hearing from you! =)

-Nathan (and Team Overhaul!)
Post edited by PhillipDaigle on
MoiraimmagikmanTanthalasDiscoCatgfm50g314TheGrapeTyphlosionAndreaColomboHeasNWN_babaYagaLRECDragonspearmellotronheartTr_ondLolaskyline818rodneyandsteptoelansounetSilverstarDregostyrvindolandiaBjjorickEndlesswaveSyntia13ShapiroKeatsDarkMageOpaleFilloPhyraxRedGuardGoForTheEyesBooKonabugatrinitcutlasskiwiLordsDarkKnight185KirinaldoRerelXylinaNecdilzorXavioriaLadyRhianlolien

Comments

• DaveDave Member Posts: 200
    There might be a slight delay as @PhillipDaigle and I edit each other's jokes.
    AndreaColomboDragonspearBhryaenlolien
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    edited August 2012
    The twist: repeated edits result in jokes that are only vowels.
    DregostyrBjjorickXaviorialolien
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    Le (Le (Le reddit))

Well, I don't like reddit but Ill make a exception and go for the interview.
    Dregostyr
  • DaveDave Member Posts: 200
    @Fake_Sketch The recent Dan Harmon AMA alone totally justifies Reddit's existence.

Le (Le (Le reddit))

Well, I don't like reddit but Ill make a exception and go for the interview.

Glad to hear it =)
  • TheGrapeTyphlosionTheGrapeTyphlosion Member Posts: 29
    The only thing I want to know about is when will people who pre-ordered the game be able to download it?
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    Early next month. We can't say the exact date yet.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Ill hope for a record of the interview :O)
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    I'm so there it hurts already.
    lordkimlolien
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    owkay we have different time zone. So what times does that give in international time ? :o
  • MoiraMoira Member Posts: 173
    edited August 2012
    Medillen said:

So what times does that give in international time ? :o

This should help you: Time Zone Converter
    GrandeC
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    edited August 2012
    I found it ! MST is GTM - 6

Great beard of Boo, I usually eat at that time >.>

EDIT : nvm if it takes 4 hours I'll make it eventually :D
    lordkim
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Cool beans! I'll try to be there - if else fails... protect the cheese... the cycle must flow... Ô_Ô
  • CanageekCanageek Member Posts: 6
    Cool, I hope it isn't just about BG:EE: I want to hear cool things about the original as well.
  • azuritazurit Member Posts: 182
    edited August 2012
    @Medillen i was starting to wonder how can one eat for 4 hours :D
  • rodneyandsteptoerodneyandsteptoe Member Posts: 99
    Being from the UK and therefore totally ignorant of US time zones, what does MST stand for or what cities does it cover?
    edited August 2012

Being from the UK and therefore totally ignorant of US time zones, what does MST stand for or what cities does it cover?

MST = Mountain Standard Time. Currently, subject to Daylight Savings, GMT -6. http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/gmt-6/

Hope that helps! If it's easier to do the math from a coast, then 3:30pm Eastern Standard Time, or 12:30pm Pacific Standard Time. =)

@Anduin, I answered it here but also edited the title of the post to reflect it. =)
    rodneyandsteptoeDragonserpent
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    In UK we have Greenwich Mean Time or GMT for short. Does MST stand for Mad Silly Time? A plus or minus GMT or local city will help us work out timings... Please I wanna see the interview!
    lolien
  • rodneyandsteptoerodneyandsteptoe Member Posts: 99
    @Nathan Thank you for the time zone help - I know when to tune in now!
  • KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    Oh man, I can't wait for this. :)
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited August 2012
    Just imagine Noober at an AMA session, could be epic... :-)
    NathanBjjorickmellotronheart
  • koverasaltkoverasalt Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2012
    I thought MST was -7 GMT

Edit: I forgot about daylights savings -6 is correct!

I believe MST is -7 GMT

Currently, -6 GMT due to Daylight Savings.
    Canageek said:

Cool, I hope it isn't just about BG:EE: I want to hear cool things about the original as well.

You'll be able to ask us just about anything you like during the AMA. @TrentOster has some stories I'm sure he'd be willing to share. :D

• BlyndfaythBlyndfayth Member Posts: 3
    mch202 said:

Heya!

• BlyndfaythBlyndfayth Member Posts: 3
    mch202 said:

Heya!
    Quartz
  • AliteriAliteri Member Posts: 308
    @Aosaw said:

Th nl thng wnt t knw bt s whn wll ppl wh pr-rdrd th gm b bl t dnld t?

Fixed that for you. Gotta make sure they answer, right?

Ok everyone, get your scrolls of Polymorph Self: Mind Flayer.
    DragonspearFaranor