Skip to content

[(BG1, BG2) Bug/Spells] Casting Blindness (SPWI106.SPL) at neutral NPCs incurs no hostility

IgneousIgneous Member Posts: 368
edited August 2012 in Fixed
Current behaviour: Casting Blindness (SPWI106.SPL) upon a neutral NPC incurs no hostility, even if they are blinded.

Expected behaviour: Casting Blindness upon a neutral NPC should incur hostility.

Games affected: BG1, BG2, BGEE.
Post edited by Bhryaen on
BhryaenCuv

Comments

• SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    edited June 2012
    This can be fixed by adding the hostile flag to the SPWIS106.SPL, which I do not know how to do.
    Post edited by SethDavis on
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @SethDavis There's a hostile flag in spells?
    edited June 2012
    @Coriander - hmmm, maybe not. The effect is reading a set of flags out of some file for the spell, which is later &'d with a item_hostile type flag setting, which determines if someone gets mad at you for hitting them with it. I'll try to find the code area where i fixed it with illegal black magic (hard coding)

It's line 271 in CSpell.cpp, which is reading out of the header for a spell resource
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @SethDavis okey doke.
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    edited June 2012
    Bit 10 at 0x18 in the spell header has been used as a 'hostile' flag with apparent success.
    Cuv
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @Wisp Do you mean the *Breaks invisibility flag (10)*? Or am I looking at the wrong address? And slow down!!! I can't impress anyone around here with you throwing this stuff out before I even see the thread. LOL I am old, isn't it 'be-kind-to-old-folks' month or something?

But in all seriousness... we would sure like to know all those unknowns. Any chance of those being revealed to the community so IESDP can be updated (and all the tools)?
    Bhryaen
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    @Cuv
    That should be the one. But it does more than just break invisibility. It also makes people go hostile.
  • IgneousIgneous Member Posts: 368
    Confirmed not fixed. Casting Blindness at neutral NPCs still incurs no hostility.
    @Cuv - Funnily enough, It doesn't look like any of the fields labeled as unknown are actually loaded into the in game structures (as far as I have seen). If they are they are being hidden from the programmers, if they aren't they are probably just there for padding/features no one got around to implementing. Unless you meant a different kind of unknown.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @SethDavis Will have to look, but I am sure some of the supposed unknowns have varying values that must be somethin important.
    edited July 2012
    checking this one now

[EDIT] Potentially fixed - Blindness now causes hostility
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Confirmed fixed - spwi106 has the hostile flag set
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    Confirmed Fixed:

Casting Blindness successfully on blue circles pisses them off into red circles. No reaction to failed attempts, of course. >:-)