UPDATE 12/12: I'm adding a link to Shandyr's more generic "Bugs" post in the base "BG:EE" forum. This includes a pretty comprehensive list of bugs for the game, many of which are issues with all platforms. Don't worry about duplicating reports, that thread is pretty full.http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/11407/read-before-posting-list-of-bugs-and-issues-that-already-have-been-reported
UPDATE 12/18: I'm adding a "RECOMMENDED READING" section to this post since we don't have alot of stickies.
If you have questions, check out the following threads which are definitive HOWTOs for the various topics. These should all be (and hopefully eventually will be) pinned.
* Baldur's Gate Manual / Documentationhttp://www.baldursgate.com/manuals.en.html
* How to Use Custom Portraits - http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7461/heres-how-to-use-custom-portraits/p1http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/13774/creating-custom-portraits-with-ipad-only-version
* How to Transfer Saves From the PC Version to the iPad Version - http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/11504/transferring-bgee-saves-to-ipad#latest
* How to Get Shadowkeeper to Work with BG:EE - http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7205/getting-shadowkeeper-to-work-with-bgee/p1
* What kinds of Modifications to BG:EE Work on the iPad and What Doesn't Work?http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/12630/do-save-games-portraits-and-edited-itemsspells-from-pc-work
* Do cheats work on the iPad?http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/12630/do-save-games-portraits-and-edited-itemsspells-from-pc-work
* Can I create a Custom Party like in IWD (Icewind Dale?):http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/13794/create-a-custom-party
* (NEW: 9/7) How can I make other languages work on my iPad? (Requires JailBreaking the Device).http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/18816/any-language-you-want-on-your-ipad-tutorial-only-subtitles
* (NEW: 10/31) Modding on the iPad without Jailbreak: Override Folder Working other than dialog.tlk:http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16695/amazing-discovery-overriding-cre-files-without-override-folder-and-jailbreak
I'm going to take my own advice and start a Known / Reported Bugs list here. This thread
is intended to help the developers of BG:EE for the iPad with a quick place to find what
bugs are affecting this release. The more cluttered this thread gets, the less useful it
is going to be, so PLEASE read and follow the "suggested rules" below.
BG:EE VERSION: 1.0.2007 (BUILD 2009)
Thread Updated As of: 12/12/2012
SUGGESTED Thread Rules (PLEASE PLEASE READ and Follow)
1) PLEASE DO NOT POST COMMENTARY TO THIS THREAD. If you want discussion on whether
something is or is not a bug, please post a new thread on it. If you see a bug
listed here, however, it's probably known and is being discussed already somewhere on
ME TOO is not a bug report.
2) iPAD ONLY bugs.
3) NO DUPLICATES. Please read through the posts on the forum BEFORE posting your bug so
we don't get duplicates of all the bug reports.
4) If you've started your own thread on a bug for discussion, please link that thread to
your bug report post.
5) Before posting a bug please close out of Baldur's Gate and re-open it and try to re-produce
the bug. To close an app on your iPad: Double tap the bottom button on your iPad, find,
then tap and hold on the Baldur's Gate icon till the icons start shaking and a red "-"
appears, and click the red "-" to close the app. Tap the bottom button to stop the icon
shake and get back to your apps.)
6) If you have a workaround for a bug and/or can prove that a reported bug is NOT a bug,
please REPLY to the bug report and post your work around or (better yet) a link to a thread
that describes the workaround.
7) One different bug per reply to the thread will likely be best.
8) Please use "BUG" only for items that definitively SHOULD work but do not (like a door that works in the PC game not working in the iPad game or an action causing a crash for instance). Use "PROBLEM" for other issues/items. A character that doesn't say his lines during a conversation is a bug. A character you have a hard time initiating a conversation with in a given location because something is in the way is a "Problem."
In your bug report please put the following information:
* iPad Version (2, 3 or 4 is fine, please differentiate between "New" iPads)
* A short description of how to re-produce the bug...if it can be re-produced.
* A Link to any thread you've started discussing the bug.
Note: I am going through the first couple pages and Adding to this post at this point.
Note2: I've gone through what I think I'm going to get through to get bugs posted. If I've forgotten something please post back.