Skip to content

[(BG1, BG2) Bug/Interface] Quick-Save/Quick-Load functions loop repeatedly when bound keys are held

IgneousIgneous Member Posts: 368
edited August 2012 in Fixed
Current behaviour: Holding the keys bound to the Quick-Save or Quick-Load functions causes the game to repeatedly Quick-Save or Quick-Load, respectively.

Expected behaviour: The Quick-Save and Quick-Load functions should execute only once when the bound keys are pressed, regardless of whether the keys are held.

Games affected: BG1, BG2, BGEE.

Notes: This bug is a holdover from the previous games, though the behaviour was less obviously manifest because each activation of the Quick-Save/Quick-Load function was segregated by a load screen.
Post edited by Bhryaen on

Comments

• SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    Potentially fixed - keymapped keys will now only be activated when the button comes back up
  • IgneousIgneous Member Posts: 368
    Confirmed fixed. However, if possible, I would recommend tying the key release behaviour to only the Quick-Save and Quick-Load functions themselves. Although I, personally, don't find the difference to be terribly noticeable, applying release-only to all keymapped keys may make the interface feel more sluggish for some players.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    @Igneous
    Could you add your last comment about applying only to Q-Save and Q-Load to a new thread in Found- BGEE... or else tell that awful @SethDavis that it's not Confirmed Fixed after all because he just went too far this time, too far! ;-)
    @Bhryaen - I'm sorry! *hides in corner*
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    @SethDavis
    Tsk tsk tsk... Oh, wait the new format only allows one tsk :-P
    Well, I suppose this way we may lose some 300 APM players, but we open the game up to senior citizens with their slow digits.
  • IgneousIgneous Member Posts: 368
    @Bhryaen - Yep, no problem. I'll convert this to a Confirmed Not Fixed, then, in the interest of not asphyxiating the forum with more threads. :P

So! @SethDavis. *Cracks the whip* Confirmed not fixed. Or perhaps confirmed too fixed? :)

Current: All keymapped keys are activating on key-release.
    Expected: Only Q-Save and Q-Load should activate on key-release. Other keymaps should activate on key-press.
    Potentially fixed - now only quick save, quick load *engage stubbornness*, toggle ai and hide all/left/right interface *disengage stubbornness* will use key up. Other keymapped keys will use key down.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Confirmed Fixed

Everything functions as SethDavis specified.

NOTE: I only tested the default keys
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited August 2012
    Confirmed fixed - tested a/h and a few other keys (in default mode)
    ingame hotkey reassignment needs another go, it is not even wrong right now.