Skip to content

Patches & Updates

GromnirGromnir Member Posts: 7
edited December 2012 in Windows PC (Archive)
perhaps i missed the memo, but is there any way to get patches or updates w/o using the launcher? my launcher has not worked since day 1 of the release (oddly, it worked before day 1) so i have not been able to update the game. i can start the game using the exe. in the data file, but that is hardly an ideal situation.

having to do a clean install of the game (yet again) seems... excessive. is there some less extreme option for updating this game other than another attempted install? if not, there freaking should be.

Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• DurlachionDurlachion Member Posts: 82
    edited December 2012
    You could try to just redownload the installer and try to repair your installation. I never had the feeling it was... excessive.

Standalone patches would also help the "bad guys" playing their DRM-free, buggy release version. So maybe those launcher-only downloadable patches are... intended.

Edit: Another point: Standalone Patches would be very large. The Launcher only loads the file differences as far as i can tell...
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Go to your Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data folder and delete the .beam and .status files, then open the launcher again. If it still doesn't detect the update, try clicking the button that looks like a map marker on the bottom right and choosing "Repair install."