Skip to content

Weapon Styles: Sword & Shield and Single Weapon not working with Darts and Slings

SkyPigletSkyPiglet Member Posts: 10
edited January 2013 in Not An Issue
As the title says, when you have points in Sword & Shield or Single Weapon style, and equip darts or a sling, you do not get the bonuses. The descriptions for both styles say that they should work with all one-handed weapons. Darts and Slings are both one-handed, so either the descriptions are wrong or it's a bug.

I'm mostly disappointed because I wanted a dart expert fighter who would then dual-class to Fighter/Mage at 4, keeping proficiences, HP, and the AC bonus from Single Weapon style.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    None of the styles work with ranged weapons.

Like if you use a sling and a shield, you don't get the benefits of shield style.

Sorry :( I really wish it would work with Sling/Shield. I think the thing is slings and darts don't count as "one-handed" weapons even though they are held in one hand, as much as they count as "ranged" weapons.
    TJ_Hooker
  • SkyPigletSkyPiglet Member Posts: 10
    moopy said:

Like if you use a sling and a shield, you don't get the benefits of shield style.

Sorry :( I really wish it would work with Sling/Shield. I think the thing is slings and darts don't count as "one-handed" weapons even though they are held in one hand, as much as they count as "ranged" weapons.

I'm mostly confused as to whether:

1. The original rules are intended to exclude ranged weapons, but the in-game descriptions are not clear about it (in which case that should be fixed),

or

2. The original rules do include ranged weapons, in which case the game implementation needs to be fixed. :P
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    SkyPiglet said:

moopy said:

I'm mostly confused as to whether:

1. The original rules are intended to exclude ranged weapons, but the in-game descriptions are not clear about it (in which case that should be fixed),

or

2. The original rules do include ranged weapons, in which case the game implementation needs to be fixed. :P
    It's the first one. It's been stated that the descriptions have been updated for the next patch, to reflect that they are for melee weapons only.

Regarding your fighter->mage, you won't be too much worse off simply equipping a shield (you can get a +1 shield pretty early on). Then the only thing you'll miss out on compared to single weapon style is the increased chance of critical.
    SkyPiglet
  • SkyPigletSkyPiglet Member Posts: 10
    Sounds good. Thanks for the clarification!