Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Mac FAQ

FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289
edited February 2013 in Mac OS X (Archive)
Here are some questions that have frequently come up. If you have a commonly asked question, reply and I'll add it to the post.

How do I install the game? Do I need the "Beamdog Client"?

BG: EE can be downloaded using the stand-alone launcher for OS X; there is no client. To install the game, click the link to download the launcher which you received in your order email. Open the .dmg and drag the Launcher to your Applications folder. Log in with your Beamdog ID to download the game.

You can also download the launcher via the "Install Now" button on the product page. Make sure you're logged in first.

Where are save games and the .ini located?

~/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition

Extra portraits are stored here as well, although you'll need to create a "Portraits" folder.

Are save games cross-platform?

Yes, they are. You can use iFunbox to bring them from your iPad. In the future, there will be cloud saves.

How do I enable the console?

Open the .ini in your favorite text editor and add the following line:

'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',

Press control-space to open the console.

Where is the Override folder?

Go to Applications/Baldur's Gate-EE/Game Data/00777/. Right click on "Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition" and select "Show Package Contents." Go to Contents/Resources. The Override folder will be there, along with the game data.

Is there a key combination for Windowed Mode?

Yes, it is option-return.

Post edited by FuzzyPuffin on

Comments