Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    edited August 2016
    Possible bug?

I was using EEKeeper for BGEE and SOD just fine, using the Additional Campaigns to toggle between the two. However I installed IWDEE and added that to my list of installation directories. It works fine too. However when I go back to BGEE, the Additional Campaign box is now greyed out and cannot be selected. This cuts me off from modifying SOD games. Nothing about the directories for BGEE has changed and I've checked several times. Any ideas? (I have newest version.)
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Baptor, I'll look into that.
  • Ryz009Ryz009 Member Posts: 100
    I'm trying to make a wild sorcerer so I gave my sorc the Wild Mage Kit. Except now he's getting too many spell slots. Is there anyway for me to make it use the sorcerer spell slots or do I just have to manually edit it each time?
    @Ryz009,

A sorcerer cannot effectively use a mage kit. There's no way to make that work, the two are coded differently.
  • Ryz009Ryz009 Member Posts: 100
    Troodon80 said:

@Ryz009,

A sorcerer cannot effectively use a mage kit. There's no way to make that work, the two are coded differently.

Eh it's working enough but if I have to manually edit the spell slots to what they should be each level up I'll live with it.
    That's your only option, I think. :-)
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    IIRC, @Subtledoctor implemented a wild sorcerer in one of his mods. I forgot which one it was exactly, though.
    You'd be surprised just how much is hardcoded, though.

Regarding the mod, you can find the original discussion here.
  • demon9675demon9675 Member Posts: 30
    edited September 2016
    Hello all,

Since I upgraded to BG2EE 2.0, my Wineskin version of EE Keeper for Mac OS 10.11 has been unable to open saved games without crashing. I've downloaded the latest version of EE Keeper for Mac from here.

EE Keeper loads the game resources just fine (so I'm pretty sure I have the installation path set correctly; same as it was before 2.0) and can find/preview saved games as well. But when I actually try to load a save, I get the following message:

"The program EEKeeper.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I completely understand that the Wineskin version of EE Keeper for Mac is not officially supported, however I'm posting my issue here just in case this is a bug others have experienced that is not actually related to my OS. I've also posted my issue on AstroBryGuy's forum just in case it IS a Mac-specific problem.

Anyone else encounter this problem and have any advice?

Thank you Troodon80 as always for such a great app and for all of your hard work!
    @demon9675,

I suppose the first question would be: does this happen with every save game you have or only a selection?
  • demon9675demon9675 Member Posts: 30
    edited September 2016
    @Troodon80 Thanks for your response! Happens with every save game, some of which were created pre-2.0 and others which were created post-2.0.

AstroBryGuy has responded on his forum and cannot replicate the problem. Unsurprisingly, I seem to have encountered a bug that affects my laptop and nobody else (wouldn't be the first time).
  • SpiritWardenSpiritWarden Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2016
    I'm trying to play as Neutral Good Cleric but with the Storm Shield and Lightning Bolt special abilities from the Talos kit, I tried adding those spells under the Innate Tab but when I load the save I don't have those abilities, what am I doing wrong?

And as a side note, is it possible to add the Turn Undead ability to a Druid?
    Post edited by SpiritWarden on
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    edited September 2016
    @SpiritWarden adding those spells should work... Did you manually add them or use the kit-button? Does the memorisation tab allow for the number of innate spells you have added?

The Turn Undead ability is likely (still) hardcoded to paladins and clerics. Would be awesome if that eventually got softened however, it would allow modders a lot of flexibility for creating custom classes/kits.
    Sjerrie said:

@SpiritWarden adding those spells should work... Did you manually add them or use the kit-button? Does the memorisation tab allow for the number of innate spells you have added?

Also to note, if the Memorisation tab does not have the Innate entry listed, you'll need to manually add it.
  • uaintjakuaintjak Member Posts: 15
    This is an old bug, from what I could find, but unfortunately I couldn't find a way to solve it. When I adjust a character's strength using EEKeeper, the carrying weight capacity in-game doesn't always change. I changed Kagain's strength to 17, his carrying weight is 170 lbs, so its good there. I changed Branwen's strength to 13, but her carrying capacity remains at 90. This happens with other characters too.

I was able to find someone else with the same problem...they said they'd changed the strength to 22, which awarded the (correct) carrying capacity to 800 lbs, then changed the strength to what they wanted, and it worked. For me, the first part (changing the strength to 22 correctly changed the carrying capacity to 800 lbs) worked fine, but when I changed Branwen's strength back to 13, she reverted to her original carrying capacity of 90 lbs.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    @uaintjak The carrying capacity for 13 strength is indeed 90 lbs. Refer to Mastering Melee & Magic manual for the table. This was already the case in Baldur's Gate in 1998.
    Since Branwen initial strength is 13, I'm wondering why you expect a change be setting this value anyway.
  • uaintjakuaintjak Member Posts: 15
    I had thought the carrying capacity was the strength x10, but apparently I was wrong, which, to answer your question, is why I expected a change by setting that value.
  • ArdentArdent Member Posts: 22
    edited September 2016
    Hi, Question about the mac wrapper here:

When I installed it the first time, it seemed to run fine but then it crashed with an error message. When I tried to re-open it, I got the attached error message. Deleted all plist files and the application, installed fresh – same error again. Of course, the app doesn't run from a non-writable drive (boot drive, application folder) and the permissions of the preferences folder seem all to be in order.
    But still I can't start the wrapper anymore without getting this error. :(
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(running on sierra)

EDIT: Got it to run without problems (so far) via PlayOnMac. So that's nice. But still, it might be worth figuring out why the wrapper does what it does.
    Post edited by Ardent on
    @AstroBryGuy, thoughts?
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited September 2016
    It could be a new feature of Gatekeeper on OS X macOS Sierra. Gatekeeper now stores unsigned apps in a randomized location instead of the Applications folder (although they *look* like they are in the Applications folder).

https://9to5mac.com/2016/06/15/macos-sierra-gatekeeper-changes/

If the wrapper is expecting to be able to write to the plist file in a certain location, but it's really randomized, or if the random location is non-writeable, that could be a problem. I don't have Sierra, so I can't test this hypothesis. I have a late-2008 MacBook Pro with El Capitan (no support for Sierra), and EE Keeper worked fine last I used it.
  • olddwarfolddwarf Member Posts: 2
    Please forgive this old geezer, but I cannot seem to get EE Keeper to install. Since I had heart surgery, the pills they give me really make me stupid. I have followed the screen shot example to the letter and it will still not load.

Could someone have mercy on this old goofball and lay out step by step what to enter where? I don't need another screen shot, just a typed response for each step. Thanks in advance for any help! Just don't understand why this is not as easy as Shadow Keeper.

Widows XP SP3, Athlon 4x processor, 8 gigs ram, 2 gig ddr3 video card.

OD
  • BarachielBarachiel Member Posts: 82
    Okay, I keep having this same problem over and over. I install EE Keeper. I set it up. It runs. I close it. Next day I try to run it again, it won't open. I have to delete the INI file, re-setup it up, and it runs. Until I close it and try to start it again. Rinse, repeat. Any idea what I have to do not do this every single time I want to run it?
    olddwarf said:

Could someone have mercy on this old goofball and lay out step by step what to enter where? I don't need another screen shot, just a typed response for each step.

@olddwarf, the steps involved are only slightly different from the original due to the locations being separated for each path (main installation and save game folder are separate). Keeper needs to know where these locations are. From the Settings window, here are the steps typed out as plainly as I can put them, if you need help/clarification with any step then don't hesitate to ask:
    • In the first drop-down/text box, enter a name you want to use for a profile. For example, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition or BGII:EE
    • Press Add, this will add a settings profile to the INI configuration file
    • Browse to, and select, the installation folder; wherever the game (not Keeper) is installed
    • Browse to, and select, the user data folder; this is the folder where the save games and portraits, among other things, are located. On Windows it will be under Documents\[Game Name] (do not select the 'save' folder)
    • If you're using English, you no longer need to select the language.
    • Once you have everything set up, press Apply (or OK to apply and close the Settings window).
    Barachiel said:

Okay, I keep having this same problem over and over. I install EE Keeper. I set it up. It runs. I close it. Next day I try to run it again, it won't open. I have to delete the INI file, re-setup it up, and it runs. Until I close it and try to start it again. Rinse, repeat. Any idea what I have to do not do this every single time I want to run it?

@Barachiel, that sounds like Keeper has been installed to Program Files without opting in to the %APPDATA% permissions fix which now stores the INI file the /AppData/Roaming/EE Keeper/ folder. This isn't an option to select if you download the zip archive. Can you confirm?
    edited October 2016
    @Troodon80 It's installed to D:\Games\BG-SoD\ I got the ZIP archive. There's an installer version?

EDIT: Got the Installer version, put in Games\Mod Tools\EE Keeper, selected the APPDATA option. Deleted old version.

Problem persists.
    Curious. So are you saying that Keeper won't open at all after the INI file has been created?

Can you try launching it as administrator?
    @Troodon80 Nope. Yes, I have. The cursor spins for a second like it's trying to load, and then it goes back to normal, and it never comes up.
    What operating system are you running?
    Windows 10

Finally fixed it, had to set Compatability Mode to WinXP SP3.
    @Barachiel,

Strange. I'm running Windows 10 (Insider Preview) 64-bit with no problems. It shouldn't be necessary to change compatibility. Do you have the Visual C++ redistributable packages installed? I would assume you should if you can play the Enhanced Editions, but no harm in checking.
    @Troondon80 Which one? *laughs* There's like three dozen. Yes, I'm pretty sure i do. I installed BG-SoD fresh.