Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• Lord_GayLord_Gay Member Posts: 94
    I have an issue so I'll try to be as thorough as possible to determine what's wrong and what's normal.

OS = Windows 7 64bit
    game = Non-EE GOG version with all mods via Big World Setup

EEKeeper v1032
    1) Locks for 30 sec when starting as resources are indexed, can't even minimize or move window
    2) Saving edited save takes 1 sec, saving edited CRE file takes 30 sec and program locks as above
    3) Clicking character browser causes crash
    4) Program won't update

EEKeeper v1036
    1) Only indexes for one sec. Not fully indexing?
    2) Crashes when trying to edit saves, after selecting save and clicking "OK"
    3) Saving CRE file takes 1 sec
    4) Spell browser causes crash, creature browser takes 5 sec to open

I use 1032 since 1036 is too buggy for me, even though 1032 takes so long to load every time. It's my understanding EEKeeper works with non-EE games; I prefer it to shadowkeeper as it recognizes kits and is overall more complete.

If you need more info let me know.
  • AdaJAdaJ Member Posts: 154
    I have a problem with the latest version crashing when I load a save game. 1.0.2.6 works just fine.

No mods, just some extra files in the override folder. Let me know if you need anything else.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Lord_Gay @AdaJ
    Lord_Gay said:

EEKeeper v1036
    1) Only indexes for one sec. Not fully indexing?
    2) Crashes when trying to edit saves, after selecting save and clicking "OK"
    3) Saving CRE file takes 1 sec
    4) Spell browser causes crash, creature browser takes 5 sec to open

I use 1032 since 1036 is too buggy for me, even though 1032 takes so long to load every time. It's my understanding EEKeeper works with non-EE games; I prefer it to shadowkeeper as it recognizes kits and is overall more complete.

If you need more info let me know.

Indexing is indeed quicker due to changes I've made in the source. In theory, I wouldn't even need to have the progress bar/window open at all, but having the main window unresponsive for ~1-3 seconds would only cause more people to ask what was wrong.

As for the crashes:
    What game are you editing saves from and what settings are you using? Are you using any mods?
    AdaJ said:

I have a problem with the latest version crashing when I load a save game. 1.0.2.6 works just fine.

No mods, just some extra files in the override folder. Let me know if you need anything else.

Which game are you editing the saves from? Can you list some of the additional files in the override?
    Version 1.0.2007 is the game version, I think.

The additional files are a few item files and the 2da files governing party happiness due to rep, xpcap remover and dual classing restrictions remover (allows dual classing for barbarian, wild mage and ranger kits).
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    AdaJ said:

Version 1.0.2007 is the game version, I think.

The additional files are a few item files and the 2da files governing party happiness due to rep, xpcap remover and dual classing restrictions remover (allows dual classing for barbarian, wild mage and ranger kits).

That sounds like the original Baldur's Gate. EEKeeper is for Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition (or any of the Enhanced Edition IE games.) You need to find a copy of GateKeeper or ShadowKeeper, depending on whether you're playing BG1 or BG2.
    It is BG:EE. I just haven't updated it. Got Black Pits and EE content.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Adaj you porobably need to update it to make it compatible with the current release.
    edited November 2016
    Yeah. I probably should. I was just afraid of what would happen if I did. It is like a new Windows version. You do not just update to a new Windows version... (someone need to meme that...)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Basically tons of bug fixes and a new interface. I would recommend checking out some screenshots to see if you like the interface, a few people have expressed disdain over it.
    I should still have an old version around. I can start there.

By the way, if you're using the Beamdog version then you can just copy the game folder somewhere else to make a backup. You can run it from anywhere since it is DRM-free. If you update and don't like it, you can revert to your backed-up version.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    Troodon80 said:

I should still have an old version around. I can start there.

By the way, if you're using the Beamdog version then you can just copy the game folder somewhere else to make a backup. You can run it from anywhere since it is DRM-free. If you update and don't like it, you can revert to your backed-up version.

Also an excellent way to try out and add mods one at a time, and see if they break your game and/or EEKeeper. (My current game has around 30 mods and at one point I had 5 instances at various increments as backups. ;) EEKeeper still works flawlessly btw)
  • egbertegbert Member Posts: 99
    Feature Request

It would be nice if you could see/change the passiv/permanent innates, too. :)
    egbert said:

Feature Request

It would be nice if you could see/change the passiv/permanent innates, too. :)

Aren't those present already? Controlled through the effects tab?
  • AmeerHMAmeerHM Member Posts: 11
    Hi, I experienced a weird bug with the girdle of masc/femininity, whereby removing the curse (and the belt) resulted in only my avatar shifting back to his previous gender, male, but my character record persisting in presenting as female. This paved the way for some weird encounters, i.e. NPCs referring to me as "Lady" and "She", lol.

So, I changed my character's gender back to male in EE Keeper, just to make sure future dialogue makes sense.

I was wondering though, will this bug out my save? Will my PC still be able to experience (the correct) romances or am I screwed?
    @AmeerHM did you remove the belt through EEKeeper, or did you cast Remove Curse ingame?
  • Lord_GayLord_Gay Member Posts: 94
    Troodon80 said:

As for the crashes:
    What game are you editing saves from and what settings are you using? Are you using any mods?

As I said in my post:

game = Non-EE GOG version with all mods via Big World Setup

IOW, I'm not playing an EE game, but presume EEKeeper will still work. I mention this in case it's not true. I'm also using a TON of mods via the BWS megamod install.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    No, EE-Keeper won't work. You need Shadowkeeper or Gatekeeper depending on which game you're playing.
    ? Bug Report ?

I'm a Lvl 16 Dragon Disciple.
    Therefore I have Fire Resistance 100 (as shown by BG2:EE).

Under "Effects" this is shown as 4x Fire Resistance Modifier 25 (as should be).
    BUT: "Resistances" says Fire Resistance 0.
    Lord_Gay said:

IOW, I'm not playing an EE game, but presume EEKeeper will still work. I mention this in case it's not true. I'm also using a TON of mods via the BWS megamod install.

BillyYank said:

No, EE-Keeper won't work. You need Shadowkeeper or Gatekeeper depending on which game you're playing.

EE Keeper should still work with BG2. I went to reasonable lengths trying to keep compatibility with BG2, even leaving out some functionality found in the Enhanced Edition. The mods are the more probable suspect, though I can't begin to say what without a save game and without a list of mods (or modules from mods) currently installed.
    egbert said:

? Bug Report ?

I'm a Lvl 16 Dragon Disciple.
    Therefore I have Fire Resistance 100 (as shown by BG2:EE).

Under "Effects" this is shown as 4x Fire Resistance Modifier 25 (as should be).
    BUT: "Resistances" says Fire Resistance 0.

Values under the Resistances tab are part of the creature structure whereas the items under the Effects tab are dynamic. If it shows it under Effects it still amounts to the same thing. Not a bug. :-)
    Feature Request

A Kit-Editor/Creator would be very nice... :)
    It should include all entries (active and passive) for all levels (up to 30?).
    (with "understandable" entries as in "Effects", not just entries like "SPDD01".)
    Sjerrie said:

@AmeerHM did you remove the belt through EEKeeper, or did you cast Remove Curse ingame?

I removed it via remove curse in nashkel's temple
    AmeerHM said:

Sjerrie said:

Odd, that should have been ok. You could check in the character's Effects tab if there are leftover effects from the curse (I assume those show up there as well, @Troodon80 ?) but otherwise, having manually switched back your gender, you should be good to go. But, when in doubt, backup savegame. ;)
    I haven't come across that issue, but I'll look into it. :-)
    Sjerrie said:

AmeerHM said:

Sjerrie said:

Odd, that should have been ok. You could check in the character's Effects tab if there are leftover effects from the curse (I assume those show up there as well, @Troodon80 ?) but otherwise, having manually switched back your gender, you should be good to go. But, when in doubt, backup savegame. ;)
    Nice! I'll do that.

It's most likely due to the Big World project though, could perhaps be a mod that has either broken the girdle or made it so (like in the PnP variants) it has a one-time permanent effect. What do you think?
  • SanndroSanndro Member Posts: 1
    I dual classed me assassin char but didn't regain backstab damage when reached needed level. Is there any way to do it via Keeper, couldn't find backstab there
    AmeerHM said:

Sjerrie said:

AmeerHM said:

Sjerrie said:

Nice! I'll do that.

It's most likely due to the Big World project though, could perhaps be a mod that has either broken the girdle or made it so (like in the PnP variants) it has a one-time permanent effect. What do you think?
    You're likely right. I don't have a lot of experience with BWP, but a (cursed) item contains a spell which contains flags and parameters... etc. Even a single mod can switch up one or more of those components and can change a semi permanent but dispellable thing into a permanent annoyance.

Example anecdote:
    I once made a mini-mod to give Boo, and by extension minsc, the possibility to literally "go for the eyes". Basically added a 1/day Blind spell to Boo since he was in Minsc's quickslot anyway. Found out I did something wrong when that "spell" got reflected somehow and permanently blinded Minsc himself. Permanent as in not a single spell or even CTRL+R could help him. Had to use EEKeeper to restore Minsc's sight for that too.

I'd suggest to just keep playing and if you see something odd, fix it at that point. Or maybe ask around in a Big World Project thread. :)
  • Ossie1972Ossie1972 Member Posts: 15
    Hi all, I really did try to search for this so apologies if it's already been answered somewhere else in the 54 pages of info on this thread.

New player to the Beamdog forums/games, first time through IWDEE. Through inexperience I've created a cleric with low intelligence which means every cleric-only scroll, magic item etc in the game is useless. Trying to use EEkeeper to bump the intelligence of my only cleric. EEkeeper seems to work fine but it can only find the default characters to edit, not the ones I created.

Info that I've added to EEkeeper
    Installation path: c:\Program Files (x86)\Deep Silver\Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition
    Save game path: c:\Users\User\Documents\Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition\save

It's possible that the created characters live somewhere else that I'm supposed to be telling EEkeeper?

Thanks
    @Ossie1972,
    Ossie1972 said:

Installation path: c:\Program Files (x86)\Deep Silver\Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition
    Save game path: c:\Users\User\Documents\Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition\save

If you're trying to edit your save games or exported characters, remove 'save' from the end of your save game path in the settings.
  • Ossie1972Ossie1972 Member Posts: 15
    edited January 2017
    Troodon80 said:

If you're trying to edit your save games or exported characters, remove 'save' from the end of your save game path in the settings.

Thanks for the reply. I tried that too (it's what it says in the in-programme comments). Amd I've tried with "Use Custom Save Location" both checked and unchecked. I'm still only getting Baern, Cadriel, Felicia, Gorris, Ilauna and Krika as character options - I assume they were the default characters - I didn't pay attention when I created mine.

Strangely though, I get those 6 default characters as options whether I use \save at the end or not, and whether I check "Use Custom Save Location" or not. Presumably only one of those combinations should actually work - are the default characters somehow, ummm, defaulting in EEkeeper?