Skip to content

RR for BGEE

WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
edited November 2013 in General Modding
Get RR here.
Post edited by Wisp on

Comments

• mars0124mars0124 Member Posts: 180
    At a glance it works great on the iPad. Updating my iPad friendly mods posting :)
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    Good news. The RR Bounty Hunter is really interesting, and this'll make Assassin worthwhile in BG1 by starting at x3 backstab and reaching x4.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Great! Time to play BGEE getting closer, with most of my favourite mods getting ready, RR is there in the top-five, with BG1NPC (yeah!), SCS (yeah!), BG2 Tweaks (yeah!), Hard Times (alas, no news)!
  • GriegGrieg Member Posts: 507
    edited March 2013
    Ok I know it will be stupid question, but I have to be sure; this is proper code for different language:
    weidu rr\setup-rr.tp2 --script-style bg2 --tlkin .\lang\pl_pl\dialog.tlk --ftlkin .\lang\pl_pl\dialogf.tlk --tlkout .\lang\pl_pl\dialog.tlk --ftlkout .\lang\pl_pl\dialogf.tlk --log setup-rr.debug
  • mars0124mars0124 Member Posts: 180
    If that's where your dialog.tlk is, it looks good to me.
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    Does this patch in the additional items for BGEE and/or improved thieving that were available on other versions? I've been playing with your previous BGEE beta release (and it's been awesome) but was sad with no improved thieving or additional items.
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    @Evinfuilt
    This version (4.60) of RR is as compatible with BGEE as can be under the present circumstances. All of Revised Thievery is in, except for the ability to smooth-talk your way out of a failed pickpocket attempt (BGEE does not presently have the necessary engine functionality for that).
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    Wisp said:

@Evinfuilt
    This version (4.60) of RR is as compatible with BGEE as can be under the present circumstances. All of Revised Thievery is in, except for the ability to smooth-talk your way out of a failed pickpocket attempt (BGEE does not presently have the necessary engine functionality for that).

shucks, but looks worth me upgrading when I get home.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I somehow completely missed this astounding mod back in the day. Just installed it. :)
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    Thanks for this mod, I really like it.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited May 2013
    So i believe that not all the mod contents are to be installed on BGEE, many are mainly for BG 2 as the read me expose.

So, no plans to add BG EE specific content on this mod?
  • IrbisIrbis Member Posts: 49
    laugh at me if you wish but what RR stands for?
    Rabid Rabbits? Rare Rock? Rolling Ram? ;P
  • killeahkilleah Member Posts: 124
    r o g u e - r e b a l a n c i n g - a f a i k
  • IrbisIrbis Member Posts: 49
    killeah said:

r o g u e - r e b a l a n c i n g - a f a i k

Ohhhh! now i feel silly. I should have figure it out ^^
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited May 2013

Great! Time to play BGEE getting closer, with most of my favourite mods getting ready, RR is there in the top-five, with BG1NPC (yeah!), SCS (yeah!), BG2 Tweaks (yeah!), Hard Times (alas, no news)!

RR is definitely top five. Maybe top 2 for some (like me). I'm a rogue lover over here :) Fighter-Thieves? Yep. Cleric Thieves? You bet. etc etc etc

• AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    kamuizin said:

So, no plans to add BG EE specific content on this mod?

Well, working on BGEE / BG2EE is my top priority at the moment. :)

However, I do have a few ideas for new RR content that could make good use of some of the new engine features that have been recently introduced.

• KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    I never got weidu to work properly... But copying the files from the RR folder to the base folder of BGEE and just running the setup file with Weidu seems to have worked in installing it incase someone else who can't get weidu working properly wants to use this... Though you need to have your Dialog.tlk file be in the same folder and then copy/move it back to it's original place.
  • mr_namelessmr_nameless Member Posts: 37
    aVENGER said:

Wisp said:

@Evinfuilt
    All of Revised Thievery is in, except for the ability to smooth-talk your way out of a failed pickpocket attempt (BGEE does not presently have the necessary engine functionality for that).

We are looking into that. ;)

@aVENGER I love this component, will this be working soon?
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    edited October 2013
    @Wisp / @aVENGER :
    Someone mentioned the assassin starting with a x3 backstab, is that true ? It never was part of the Rogue Rebalancing mod in the past.
    I (personally) hope it isn't true :D
    @Aranthys
    They do as of RR v4.50.
    edited October 2013
    Aw. Me not likey :(
    Edit.: I guess it's fine. Been a bit of time since I last used RR, and I can mod it away anyway :p
    Post edited by Aranthys on
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Irbis said:

Rock n' Roll.
  • badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238
    CrevsDaak said:

Irbis said:

Rock n' Roll.
    Randy Rancor!
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    Aranthys said:

Edit.: I guess it's fine. Been a bit of time since I last used RR, and I can mod it away anyway :p

IIRC there's no +1hit/dmg anymore though which means lower damage backstabs :( And the poison was nerfed for BG1 levels.

Aranthys said:

IIRC there's no +1hit/dmg anymore though which means lower damage backstabs :( And the poison was nerfed for BG1 levels.
    Ah, well then it does makes sense :)
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    edited October 2013
    Better backstab for assassins was something I was hoping for. Otherwise, the assassin class (aside from Poison) doesn't become worth it til ToB, where everything that's not cannon fodder is immune to backstabbing.

Edit:
    It doesn't mention this in the Readme btw.
    Post edited by Drugar on
    Drugar said:

It doesn't mention this in the Readme btw.

It's in doc/rr_core.html#Assassin_kit_changes

• DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    It mentions:
    - Backstab reaches x7 instead of x5

It doesn't mention that the assassin starts with x3.
    I'm not complaining mind you, I just didn't know, I heartily endorse the change.
    Drugar said:

It mentions:
    - Backstab reaches x7 instead of x5

It doesn't mention that the assassin starts with x3.
    I'm not complaining mind you, I just didn't know, I heartily endorse the change.

You are probably using the copy hosted by SHS. It's out of date (due to server woes, last I heard).