Battle Enhancer Mod ver. 1.33 (BG:EE 1.2 compatible)
Designed and created by Charan and lunar: Long awaited release of Harsh Faerun Mod - Now know as Battle Enhancer Mod!
Most important changes and features:
- ENEMY CORE AI IMPROVED:
Most enemies and NPC's have a chance to possess random potions and WILL use them in fight.
Enemies who use projectile weapons have a chance to possess random magical projectiles they can use and they WILL use them on the player.
Most enemies and NPC's use SMART TARGETING and attempt to chase your weakest members unless kited
Most mages and clerics will now reposition or attack between casting spells.
It's no longer possible to lure enemies from fog of war one by one. Attacking an enemy makes him call for help in a decent radius.
- GAME BALANCE REVISED:
Guards, soldiers and mercenaries recevied some proper training. A watcher in plate mail is no longer just cannon fodder that can't hit a gibberling. (Game is even harder for EVIL teams)
Human NPC's and monsters have received buffs by maxing their Hit Points rolls and stats for given levels.
Critter races have been separated into variety of tiers.
Some tiers received more significant overall buffs than others. Just try the Gnoll Stronghold now.
Exp rates revised and rebalanced according to challenge. Some rates went up, some rates went down.
It should be faster to leave the early game levels but overall pool of EXP per game did not go up too much.
Note: Most changes were HAND EDITED while stricktly following of AD&D rules and progression tables. Take care as the game WILL be HARDER now.
- DROP RANDOMIZER:
Most enemies have a chance to be in possession of random treasure which can be stolen or looted.
Drop chance and loot pool depends on the enemy tier.
Separate tier for spellcasters, which gives a better opportunity to get rare scrolls.
Some treasures in hidden stashes have been randomized in balancing purpose.
Drop rates have been adjusted so that during an average game course you will find: around 12 low tier items, around 6 medium tier items and 1-2 Legendary tier items.
Note: Critters who previously did not drop items did not receive the chance for loot.
It's impossible to find personalized/one of a kind items (for example, you won't find a second Helmet of Balduran)
- NEW FIGHTS
Some new encounters and new enemies added.
Some fight with mages have been reworked to be more difficult and interesting.
Reworked Ogre Mage fight mechanics to provide an ultimate and unique experience (Enjoy)
Chieftain and Leader critters received additional boosts and special abilities to strengthen their kin
- MEETING COMPANIONS AT MAX HIT POINTS ROLLS
All companions are met at their MAX HIT points rolls, regardless of player's level.
- HARSH TIMES
Shop prices are now higher but players won't receive more gold for their items (crisis right?)
THIS MOD IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR BALDUR'S GATE BEGINNERS! It's perfectly possible to start a new game with it BUT you need to have at least slight idea on what you are doing.
Simply put the Override folder into:
Steam Version: your BG Enhanced edition main directory (Example for steam version:
\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition)
Non-Steam Version: ...\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\data\00766\ folder
You can instal this mod at ANY moment of the game but it is just more fun and more balance to play with it from the beginning.
It should be compatible with all other mods (unless they change creature statistics and HP) and all game languages - especially if you install Battle Enhancer as last. Pr
"MEETING COMPANIONS AT MAX HIT POINTS ROLLS" can be overwritten with other mods that edit your companions (new kits, etc) and it will not affect the other features at all.
You can use ANYTHING included in this mod package without my permission - even for commercial use - I simply do not care. Just enjoy and make a good use of it.
PLEASE REPORT ANY BUGS IN THIS DISCUSSION SO I CAN HOTFIX THEM.
- Minor bugfixes with neutral NPC's sometimes assaulting the player.
- Gnoll5 overbuffing and dialogNPC fix.
- Nashkel Mine lvl 3 crash fix.
- Full compatibility with BGEE patch 1.2 (Rasaad required HP-Reroll due to change in his kit).
- Improved casters behavior between spell casts. Also they will no longer leave areas when repositioning.
- Enemy backup requests feature added (No longer possible to lure enemies from fog of war one by one).
- Slighty lowered drop chances.
- Improved potion using mechanism. Now enemies are much more likely to use their magical mixtures and will also do it faster than before.
- Fixed potion using by neutral NPC's.
- Vampiric wolf is no considered Undead.
- Smart targeting has been improved. Enemies won't attempt to chase your squishies too far - they will choose appropriate nearby target instead (it's almost impossible to keep them focused on the main party tank). Current design is more sofisticated and won't allow for hit'n'run exploit.
- Cosmetic fix for casters: They will now face nearest enemy after repositioning.
- Added Smart targeting to some enemies that were lacking it.
- Script optimalization and cleanup.
- Smart targeting added to more enemies.
- Fix for Branwen starting HP.
- Borda won't drink his cursed potions during fight.
- Improvement of script for creatures using both ranged and melee weapons. These enemies will sometimes attempt to increase their distance before switching to melee when approached by players(should be more annoying and harder to catch now). Also improved weapon switching response time.
- Some AI script performance improvements.
- Fix for quest to bring Worn Whispers boots. (Unfortunately it's not retrospective once you have killed the hobgoblin dropping the boots.)
- Fix for Zombie Plague Quest.
- Fix for Xvarts attacking cow quest.
- Fix for Flind damage (they were dealing less than they should).