Skip to content

The user and all related content has been deleted.
  1. your least played class?229 votes
    1. fighter or barbarian
        8.73%
    2. ranger
        3.06%
    3. paladin
        6.99%
    4. monk
      25.76%
    5. cleric
        6.55%
    6. druid
      18.34%
    7. mage or wild mage
        2.62%
    8. sorcerer
        2.18%
    9. thief
        4.37%
    10. bard
      21.40%
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• FrozenDervishFrozenDervish Member Posts: 295
    Cleric cause boring.
    booinyoureyes
  • davendaven Member Posts: 112
    edited July 2013
    I've played Fighter loads but never Barbarian <_<
    Jarleale
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    I never play a ranger in any infinite game unless it's C/R and that's purely because of the cleric part i play that combination. A paladin just does everything better.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    As fun and flavorful as Monks are, they just aren't impressive enough to make me want to play them. I've rolled one or two long ago, and never got myself to like them.
    Wanderon
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Yeah...monks are just too limited......they never change really. A fighter can at least pick up new weapons with interesting effects to keep things from getting stale...while monks just progressively hit a little harder and move faster....utterly boring...sure you could do the same weapon variety trick with a monk, but then most of your class abilities are removed and you're completely inferior to a fighter using the same weapons.

(The Fighting monk kit is a little bit better, since you're mostly cleric with weaker spell casting but stronger physical offense).

Or the Oriental adventures Monk who is basically identical the current one, except slightly weaker (but faster applying) bonuses, but also gets full thief skill access (but only 15 skill points per level).
    elminsterWanderon
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Yeah...monks are just too limited......they never change really. A fighter can at least pick up new weapons with interesting effects to keep things from getting stale...while monks just progressively hit a little harder and move faster....utterly boring...

This. I get that the class gets strong over time but there just isn't enough there to keep me particularly glued to it.
    WanderonGawdzilla
  • Urd1enUrd1en Member Posts: 84
    redundant class
    hands against steel - nonesense
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited July 2013
    If it weren't for the Blackguard kit, I'd never, ever play a Paladin. Damn those fanatically goody goodies, hypocrites in shiny armours and their sticks in their behinds. They have absolutely no respect of the lifes of those countless, innocent, adorable monsters who just want to prey peacefully on humans. :(

The AD&D Rangers ain't much better in that regard as well. Such specists they are. If only there existed some sort of a Ranger of Malar kit, this class could be redeemed a little. That's one point where the 3rd and 3.5 edition really shines.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    My favourite class in NWN1-2 is so underwhelming in BG :(
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Well, I'm not really religous type...
  • raxtorenraxtoren Member Posts: 228
    Mage, never been into magic and stuff ;)
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146
    I've played everything except Monk. Mainly, I'm not into the eastern theme. But in the right case, I could see playing a Samurai or Ninja of some sort; but not a monk.
    QuartzMoomintroll
  • mylegbigmylegbig Member Posts: 292
    edited July 2013
    Paladin. Never got around to it, and they never seem particularly interesting enough, particularly since I can just use Keldorn when I ever need one.

Actually, I stay away from pure warrior classes in general. I've never played through with a fighter that wasn't multi-classed or eventually dual classed. Unlike many here, I actually find the monk more fun than than a fighter. I just can't get excited when a fighter levels up. Oh wow, I get another -1 to THAC0. When I played a monk, I actually looked forward to the next level of experience since it brought a more tangible amount of improvement. Of course, they can't use a lot of the great loot you come across in the game, but each character tends to use one weapon for most of the game anyways so it's not like there's much of a difference in that regard.

I do want to try the Blackguard though. Problem is that it seems pointless to me if I can't continue on to BG2, so my Blackguard play through will have to wait until BG2:EE comes out... which may be never. Hopefully, someone will make a EE kits mod for BG2 if the worst happens.
  • karl_maulderkarl_maulder Member Posts: 133
    edited July 2013
    Never played a thief, mage/sorceror or cleric. Paladin i've played atleast three times if i recall correctly. Fighter dozens. Druid, bard, ranger atleast once, the latter twice i think. I've always prefered my char as a martial class. Come to think of it, it's weird i've never played as a thief since A. I love backstab and B. Heard lots of good thing about the thief stronghold questline.
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    edited July 2013
    i made few "power" teams and there was no bard or monk in any of them ;)

even iwd2 no bard no monk
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    sum durids is not 4 SCARY_WIZARD
    Anduinsphekso
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    Druid is the only one I've never rolled up at all.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited July 2013
    @FinneousPJ

And due to no fault of it's (Bard) own. Bioware just did a %^$& job of implementing the class for the BG series.
    QuartzGawdzilla
  • BanexBanex Member Posts: 127
    Paladins have never been my thing.Tried a Blackguard,a tad OP though.Add Monk to the list also,way too much of a gimp for my liking.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Man, so much monk hate here. They're actually my favourite class, along with mage - though I do agree they could have been better implemented. The new monk HLAs in the Oversight mod (based on Balthazar's abilities) help a bit though.
  • BanexBanex Member Posts: 127
    I'd run a Monk in BG2 now but a Monk in BG1 nope.Pity you can't have tennis balls in BG1,the Monk would be awesome with those,for all the good he is :)
    Quartz
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Sorcerers are a novel variant of mages, but sacrificing one's selection of spells in return for more spells per day never appealed to me. I find casting the same spells over and over monotonous. Several people have said in other threads that you end up casting the same spells anyway with mages, but I never did. I like being able to use different spells according to the situation. While I may need to cast a spell only a few times during the game, it's nice to know that I have it available for when its needed. There's something about looking into my spell book and seeing lots of options that I find very satisfying.
    SionIVQuartzAnduin
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Probably Druid or Bard.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Ahh yes, Monk has always been a very polarizing class; I am not surprised with the results of this poll.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    My least played classes are Bard and Druid. I'm a powergamer and I just cant find a place for a bard in a party. If I go solo, I play FMT. If I play a party of 4-6, I have no place for a bard.

I'm surprised that the monk has the most vote. Sure it is kinda boring to play as a monk, but it is basically the same when I play a fighter. It may be fun if there is a kit for a monk that has similar but not op abilities as Balthzar.
  • leddyhsleddyhs Member Posts: 54
    edited July 2013
    Paladin. It doesn't seem to be anything but a weak warrior with no real upsides. If BG didn't have Bhaalspawn abilities, it would stand out with DUHM later on in BG2, especially with those great weapons.

I honestly hope that the devs work up the courage to swap the Bhaalspawn abilities around a little bit into something that doesn't exist in the spellbooks of clerics or mages and something that's more fitting to:

" Bhaal, who finished third, demurred, "I choose death, and it is by my hand that all that you rule Lord Bane will eventually pass to Lord Myrkul. Both of you must pay honor to me and obey my wishes, since I can destroy your kingdom, Bane, by murdering your subjects, and I can starve your kingdom, Myrkul, by staying my hand." "
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    leddyhs said:

I honestly hope that the devs work up the courage to swap the Bhaalspawn abilities around a little bit into something that doesn't exist in the spellbooks of clerics or mages

The aTweaks mod contains a revised bhaalpowers component that does this to some degree, and makes most of them more useful. You can see descriptions at http://readme.spellholdstudios.net/rr_bpwrs.html - doesn't work with EE yet, but keeps the bhaalpowers a bit relevant in BG2.