Comments

• Durlag_ThunderaxeDurlag_Thunderaxe Member Posts: 71
    Sweet... Let me grab me axe...

Time fer some trollslayin'!
  • ArcticArctic Member Posts: 76
    4 npcs , dorn , neera , rashad and a thief .. so .. no baeloth ¿? :(
  • snowshoes1818snowshoes1818 Member Posts: 3
    Dee said:

We do still have it, yes. We haven't yet decided what to do with it, but it's on our dart-board of things to look at.

(Was that vague enough?)

Dee, Thank you for the reply. I do appreciate it.

I remember looking forward to RTW eleven years ago, so I guess I'll just continue to keep my fingers crossed... but not hold my breath.

Looking forward to the Beamdog take on BG2. :)
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    That's another pre-order from me, and I notified my two brothers, so they will surely pre-order within the next couple of hours, thanks guys (and gals)! By the way, awesome work on the new UI, I was worried that it wouldn't be good, but it is excellent!
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    WooHoo!

Your order has been processed successfully.

• VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    And here I am stuck at work for another hour or so D:
    edited August 2013
    Arctic said:

4 npcs , dorn , neera , rashad and a thief .. so .. no baeloth ¿? :(

From the FAQ:

Will there be a "Black Pits 2"?
    I can't say anything about what's involved, but you may have heard us say something about Baeloth not being a playable NPC during BG2 because he's "busy in that time"

So he will not be a joinable character, no.

Edit:
    It is from this post:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/323536/#Comment_323536
  • StreamhopperStreamhopper Member Posts: 19
    This is very good news indeed!

• dwilliams1966dwilliams1966 Member Posts: 41
    I'm in. Thanks, guys.
  • JasiekJasiek Member Posts: 30
    @PhillipDaigle will they be a standalone installer as in BG:EE ? Also, what will happen if the open beta of the newest patch go totally wrong? Will they be a delay, or will you push BG2:EE and patch it later?
  • Shogun_Named_MarcusShogun_Named_Marcus Member Posts: 13
    Dee said:

Thats nice. Where is the android version of BG:EE?

We have two sides of development. On one side is content development; that's where things like NPC and quest content, basic bug fixes, and new products like BG2EE get created. That work is on-going, and certainly won't stop any time soon. It's the work that ensures you do get a patch when a patch is needed (although sometimes you have to wait a while).

On the other side is engine development; that's where things like performance enhancements, renderer fixes, and platform compatibility happen. This is the side that works on stability for Windows, Mac, iPad, and Android.

So in other words, the Android version is being worked on by a separate team from BG2EE. I hope that clears things up a bit.
    That doesn't really clear things up at all.

While I realize a release date for the Android version of BG:EE was never officially announced, you have blown past every hinted-at timeframe for Android by months. Is BG:EE even going to be on Android before BG2:EE is released? BG:EE has been back on sale for a few weeks now, and we've had no official word on where we are at with an Android version. For a company that has professed a desire to be more open with their customers, this does not make much sense to me.

I realize you probably wanted to make a big splash at PAX with your BG2:EE announcement, but it would be nice if we had more information on a part of the BG:EE project that was announced over a year ago and still not delivered upon before you shift your focus to BG2:EE. Please understand, I'm not asking for some kind of in-depth analysis on everything you're doing, and though most of the information you've released on the Android version can be boiled down to, "We're still working on it," and little else, even that would be preferable to total silence. I understand that after you got burned with the original BG:EE PC release date and delay, we were never going to get a release date announcement for Android. But are we looking at weeks till BG:EE Android drops? Months? Sometime after BG2:EE?

I'm not trying to be insulting here, all I'm saying is that, as someone who has been eagerly anticipating BG:EE on Android for over a year, I am in a frustrated position as to your actual desire to release on Android. It seems to be an extremely low priority for you, and I'm tired of it.
  • yazgangyazgang Member Posts: 41

lefreut said:

The UI seems fantastic. Can we have the same for BGEE ? :)

Should be in the next patch.

that's wonderful.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    I'm really excited about the new content for Neera and Dorn. It sounds as if their quests will be far more involved than in BG EE. I hope it's like a proper quest line, at the least as much content as rescuing Haer'Dalis, hopefully something more extensive like recruiting Valygar!

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    NEERA'S ROCKING A PINK AND GREEN LIGHTSABER AGAINST A BEHOLDER!
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    Your announcement has untapped my pre-ordering powers!! \o/ !!
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790

That's a great news. Plus, wallpaper is nice.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Pre-ordered... And I'm a beta tester as well ;)

Dee said:

Thats nice. Where is the android version of BG:EE?

We have two sides of development. On one side is content development; that's where things like NPC and quest content, basic bug fixes, and new products like BG2EE get created. That work is on-going, and certainly won't stop any time soon. It's the work that ensures you do get a patch when a patch is needed (although sometimes you have to wait a while).

On the other side is engine development; that's where things like performance enhancements, renderer fixes, and platform compatibility happen. This is the side that works on stability for Windows, Mac, iPad, and Android.

So in other words, the Android version is being worked on by a separate team from BG2EE. I hope that clears things up a bit.
    That doesn't really clear things up at all.

While I realize a release date for the Android version of BG:EE was never officially announced, you have blown past every hinted-at timeframe for Android by months. Is BG:EE even going to be on Android before BG2:EE is released? BG:EE has been back on sale for a few weeks now, and we've had no official word on where we are at with an Android version. For a company that has professed a desire to be more open with their customers, this does not make much sense to me.

I realize you probably wanted to make a big splash at PAX with your BG2:EE announcement, but it would be nice if we had more information on a part of the BG:EE project that was announced over a year ago and still not delivered upon before you shift your focus to BG2:EE. Please understand, I'm not asking for some kind of in-depth analysis on everything you're doing, and though most of the information you've released on the Android version can be boiled down to, "We're still working on it," and little else, even that would be preferable to total silence. I understand that after you got burned with the original BG:EE PC release date and delay, we were never going to get a release date announcement for Android. But are we looking at weeks till BG:EE Android drops? Months? Sometime after BG2:EE?

I'm not trying to be insulting here, all I'm saying is that, as someone who has been eagerly anticipating BG:EE on Android for over a year, I am in a frustrated position as to your actual desire to release on Android. It seems to be an extremely low priority for you, and I'm tired of it.

Well, I'm definitely no more than a forum go-er much like yourself, but if I might speculate:
    They will be doing an Open-Beta for the new patch, one of the points of this beta is to test the new renderer (among other things) which was originally being developed to allow the android version to work properly (even though they probably would've redone the renderer regardless) and so I believe that once testing concludes in the open beta, and the patch releases, so will Android.
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    Money has been happily dispensed from my wallet. I don't think I've ever smiled so brightly while turning money over to someone (or a company) :)
  • DoveberryDoveberry Member Posts: 24
    EXCITED.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I came back fresh from work exhausted and stressed. Then I saw this new and lost consciousness all of a sudden. And now, after waking up, I'm $24.95 less wealthy. The Rule-of-Three works in mysterious ways. O.o
  • Berserk_AlucardBerserk_Alucard Member Posts: 24
    Wow, I didn't think we'd get such quick news about BGII: EE :) Baldur's Gate II is my favourite game bar none. Is there any word if it will be using the same kind of build as BG: EE? I'm using a laptop with one of the Intel Integrated graphics cards and I'd hate to preorder this and find that it won't run properly.
    I'll probably have to wait until I can get together a proper desktop gaming computer or until a patch that makes BG:EE run on Intel Integrated chips...whatever comes first lol
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    Pre ordered :) best news I have had all day :)
  • ScarsUnseenScarsUnseen Member Posts: 170
    Pre ordered. Makes for a nice birthday present.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Very very nice!

November, eh? I think I can last it out. ... Maybe.
  • SamielSamiel Member Posts: 156
    SOLD!! And with a big resounding cheer from me, and take as long as you need. I for one am not overly fussed on missed release dates you'll have a fan in me regardless. Just so so happy these beautiful games are getting the chance to endure.
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    Nice wallpaper, but I'd have preferred one with more of the original characters. Aerie fighting alongside Minsc, obviously, Jaheira and Viccy, and there's just no Baldur's Gate without Immy. And Anomen... I guess.

I won't order right away, but expect I will within a week or two.

• PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    Excellent! Pre-ordered. I have my new wallpaper in place, too. It looks great! Thanks for all your work!
This discussion has been closed.