Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition is coming to Mac & PC on November 15th

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Just hope for more movies (a lot more) inside the game, that would make my day!
    PaulgJuliusBorisov
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428

PS:I see Neera, Dorn, Rasaad and Captain America in the pic.
    PadentonRedGuardPaulg
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    The Duergar character portrait looks great.
    MortiannaKamigoroshiPaulgJuliusBorisov
  • kimmuryielkimmuryiel Member Posts: 89
    :DDD This one includes ToB, right? and the Edwin romance still works with it? ._. please say yes
    Paulg
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @kimmuryiel Yep. The Edwin Romance might need a bit of tweaking, but given Wisp is the one who made WeiDU compatible with BGEE in the first place (and he's been maintaining the ER), I'm sure it will be compatible sooner rather than later!
    Paulg
  • kimmuryielkimmuryiel Member Posts: 89
    YAY! Thank you for the info, Kae :) Any word on the compatibility of NPC project and BG1EE?
    Paulg
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @kimmuryiel Sorry, not as of yet!
  • notkingnotking Member Posts: 134
    Great!!But where is the new patch for BGEE?Where is the Chinese language pack?
    The_New_Romance
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @notking
    You'll want to talk to the specific translation teams in the language forums. We're including languages as we get them, and as our teams are satisfied with the completeness of the translation. I believe Chinese still has some work to be done.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Rasaad there giving off a 'Drax the Destroyer' from Marvel comics vibe. lol
    Paulg
    edited August 2013
    @Dee
    But Trow(http://trow.cc/) said the translation has been completed,and what we need now is the chinese font for BGEE.
    Which one should I believe?

I'm very sorry, but too long I wait for the chinese language pack.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    That may be true as well. As I said, the translation team leader will know more about the specific progress, because they're working directly with the translation team itself.

I can't promise that it will be ready for the patch, but we're doing the best we can.
  • PoronPoron Member Posts: 21
    很想买.不过很不兴.你们承诺的中文版至今仍未肯花点时间来解决中文字体的问题.让我们很失望.一味的只知道赚钱不顾及玩家的感受.BG1EE买了好久都没人愿意联机.就因为没有中文版~ 英语不好也不想说什么英语.反正写成中文你们也不会去看。只想让讲中文的玩家看到后放弃买BG2EE的念头.
    DarkDogg
    I thank you,and we all thank you.
    Paulg

PS:I see Neera, Dorn, Rasaad and Captain America in the pic.

Captain America? I guess that is Minsc
    Paulg
  • Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
    edited August 2013
    Consider me pre-ordered. I just hope that the new companions have enough content to make them worth taking into the party at the expense of the original cast.

Anyway:

Game looks AWESOME.

...Which also makes it look TERRIBLE.

Please, please, please, PLEASE Beamdog, please let us select a default camera level for the game. The whole reason I bought BGEE in the first place was so that I could play it at a decent resolution without having game area shrinking to a quarter the size of the screen.

EDIT: A default camera level is also absolutely essential, I think, for tablets. No way will I buy BG2EE on my Nexus 7 if it's going to default to that camera level.
  • SaradasSaradas Member Posts: 148
    I love you Beamdog :'D ♥♥
    the game looks just..awesome! runs super smoothly. I just hope you can solve the issue caused by Intel graphic platforms in BGEE soon, and hopefully in BGEE2 too. will pre-order soon! thanks!!!!!!
    Paulg
    edited August 2013
    I'm not pre-ordering this though. Not right away at least. I'm going to wait until the next patch finally arrives until deciding whether I buy BG2:EE. If that remedies the issues I'm going through with BG:EE then I'll gladly sign up for BG2:EE.

Nick Frost for Boo in a Baldur's Gate movie. :P

PoronThe_New_RomancePaulg
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    Will Pre-Order get new badge in forum ?
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Since BGII:EE now has a release date, I wonder if @Dave (Dave Gross) will be writing any more background stories for the new characters? (Hint, hint.)
    I will not buy BGEE2 untill bugs of BGEE have been fixed completely and the Chinese language pack has been released.
    PoronThe_New_Romance
    And I don't like the new UI. The old one is better(BGEE I mean).
    Poron
    darrenkuo said:

Will Pre-Order get new badge in forum ?

@darrenkuo I think someone said they're working on one.
    darrenkuoPaulg
  • SniiiimonSniiiimon Member Posts: 153
    Awesome, awesome news! I can't pre-order right away, but I will do so as quickly as I can. *sniff* Oh happy day!
    Paulg
  • cynaescynaes Member Posts: 2

I'm not trying to be insulting here, all I'm saying is that, as someone who has been eagerly anticipating BG:EE on Android for over a year, I am in a frustrated position as to your actual desire to release on Android. It seems to be an extremely low priority for you, and I'm tired of it.

Unfortunately, I couldn't agree more. It actually feels like you are trying to muck Android players when you say that Android BGEE2 will be coming 'soon' after Nov 15th while we don't even have a rough timeframe for BGEE1.
    PoronThe_New_RomanceZappy
  • HootHoot Member Posts: 40
    edited August 2013
    Fantastic news indeed. I do however have a couple of concerns/thoughts.

First among them is that I wonder whether the game will be in a playable state right from release?
    I'm not trying to be cheeky here but BG:EE (at least for me) is still unplayable (hopefully the upcoming patch will sort that) for me with all the bugs, journal problems, etc, etc.

Vanilla BG2 + ToB + Unfinished Business + Latest Patch is stable and bug free with a working journal. I have finished the game many times with this configuration. Will BG2:EE be as stable and bug free?

My last thought is that I'm thinking you shouldn't release the game at all on Steam or have anything else to do with Atari (as far as you can). I'm a massive Steam advocate with 200+ games on there, but after the recent debacle with Atari, I say balls to that.
    The_New_Romance[Deleted User]
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    ATARI is the employer here, will be a bit hard to say balls to them.
  • KonabugaKonabuga Member Posts: 135
    Pre-ordered. Like a boss.
    elminsterPaulg
  • VikingRVikingR Member Posts: 88
    that is a nice, unavoidable poiler for everyone who didn't play BG2 yet on the homepage.

The_New_Romance
  • KonabugaKonabuga Member Posts: 135
    I think I spied the new thief characters portrait in one of the screenshots. Looks like it's a she.
    Paulg
This discussion has been closed.