Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition is coming to Mac & PC on November 15th

Comments

• soulburnersoulburner Member Posts: 12
    I *love* the user interface!

Only one thing I do have to complain about: the default zoom level. It's much too far, the characters are too small. The sole reason why I've played the original BG2 in 1280x720 resolution on my FullHD display is because I hated how small everything was in 1920x1080. Yes, I know I can control the zoom level in EE with my mouse wheel (I hope it's stored and remembered by the game) but really, the view should be closer in default settings.
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    edited August 2013
    what the hell !!!! BG2 came so fast to us ! I expected something like Februar 2014... Good to know

quick question : will you do a remake of intro/outro videos (and all others) ? I want to see Irenicus in HD now
  • Aliard1806Aliard1806 Member Posts: 144
    I LOVE YOU :D
  • albinocobraalbinocobra Member Posts: 56
    Bought. Now all I need is the new patch so I can play on Intel chipset laptop and I'm set for a year. Or two >.<
  • SliceofhellSliceofhell Member Posts: 85
    edited August 2013
    Pre ordered only to support the team with reviving the genre. Even though I don't believe the product is worth $25.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    25 bucks sure is a steep price, especially when considering all the past and current problems with BG:EE.
  • Somulo_Somulo_ Member Posts: 270
    so.. if we have both of bg ee part's we may combine this two games, in trilogy or something?* Or not a trilogy.. well you know play an old party like in old baldur's gate, it's easy to export characters of course, but if this opportunity will be in part 2, it's be a really fantastic!
    When judging by amount of hours gotten out, practically every videogame should be 200$ and up. That's not a useful measurement.

I'd compare BG:EE2 to the price of original BG2 (which is like 4$ cause it's constantly on sale somewhere) and the price of BG:EE (for which I paid the pre-order price of 18$, I believe). BG2:EE is more expensive than that, that's were my notion comes from.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @Arsene_Lupin you know you can zoom in and out as you please, right?
    That goes for BGEE as well.
    I think I would be satisfied if there was at least some sort of preorder discount. I'd pay the same as for the first part, but 25$ is just a little too much. We still haven't got Adventure Y, we still haven't got that little something extra mentioned in a post above, BG:EE still has issues. With that in mind, I believe Beamdog could offer their hardcore fans (me included, and I believe preorder is basically for fans at this point) at least a small bonus with the pricing.
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    OH HELL YEAH! 8 days before my birthday! I'm excited already!
  • RahlikRahlik Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    Absolutely brilliant news! I can't contain my joy - I in fact actually span on my chair making small squeaking nosies of joy when i saw the thread. Then I re-read and saw you could pre-purchase and spread the word to friends while making more Manly noises indicating my pleasure! ohh err Mrs that might actually come across rather rude! :)

Quick question also @Dee as were going to get a chance to get an open beta test of the next BGEE patch is there also going to be an opportunity to get an open Beta test of BG2:EE on release? I would hope that if there is that people would realise it is a real beta and not a mechanism of offering a bonus pre-launch offer of some kind. Beta = Not quite ready!
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    I ever saw from other threads , BG2-EE's four new NPC don't include Neera , Dorn , Rasaad.

Is it correct ?
  • GarmGarm Member Posts: 67
    edited August 2013
    I just pre-ordered the game. Initially I was surprised by the larger price than BG:EE, but considering the amount of extra content being done and also the amount of core content the game has I guess it's a fair price.
    The truth is that I'm more than willing to support Beamdog.
    darrenkuo said:

I ever saw from other threads , BG2-EE's four new NPC don't include Neera , Dorn , Rasaad.

Is it correct ?

Four NPCs including those 3. So it's really one "new" NPC.

• operator13operator13 Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2013
    i almost peed myself
    eta, no really, I never would have guessed it'd be released so soon. I might even take the day off of work for this. :D
  • ArcticArctic Member Posts: 76
    Are the mages in the video using ranged staffs ?
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    im so happy i think im gonna poop!!! im taking vacation from work. ps. i love you!!!!!!!!! and i cant scream loud enough to express my excitement!!!!!! MORE EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    kamuizin said:

Poron said:

很想买.不过很不兴.你们承诺的中文版至今仍未肯花点时间来解决中文字体的问题.让我们很失望.一味的只知道赚钱不顾及玩家的感受.BG1EE买了好久都没人愿意联机.就因为没有中文版~ 英语不好也不想说什么英语.反正写成中文你们也不会去看。只想让讲中文的玩家看到后放弃买BG2EE的念头.

Ming Ming xing to you too!
    Wouldn't have expected this kind of "jokes" on these forums.
  • DarkShrikeDarkShrike Member Posts: 17
    AND preordered! Now get that patch out for us, *cracks whip* ;)

I am really surprised that you announced this so soon. I was expecting it sometime next year with all the other delays beyond your control.
  • rexregrexreg Member Posts: 292
    yay!! fingers crossed all goes well for the dev team
  • FilipseFilipse Member Posts: 36
    edited August 2013
    Gotta say i love all the camera angled "cinematics" of area's any chance of having a similar thing play every time you get into a new area? XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bHwTDl231A
    Post edited by Filipse on
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    You have no idea how happy you guys just made me. :D
  • PadentonPadenton Member Posts: 48
    cynaes said:

I'm not trying to be insulting here, all I'm saying is that, as someone who has been eagerly anticipating BG:EE on Android for over a year, I am in a frustrated position as to your actual desire to release on Android. It seems to be an extremely low priority for you, and I'm tired of it.

Unfortunately, I couldn't agree more. It actually feels like you are trying to muck Android players when you say that Android BGEE2 will be coming 'soon' after Nov 15th while we don't even have a rough timeframe for BGEE1.
    That IS the rough timeframe for BGEE1. The incompatibilities are in the engine. When they're fixed, both BGEE 1 and 2 will work on Android.
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    I've got no money to preorder this time but I'm really happy that you're going to release this one too! :D
    I may get the game some years after release when I get money back on my PayPal account :P
This discussion has been closed.