Skip to content

Adalon's Blood - Mod for BGII

jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,346
edited September 24 in BGII:EE Mods
Kerzenburgforum

Adalon's Blood Modification enables the player to ask Adalon for somewhat of her blood to end the 'skinner' murders in the Bridge District without having to kill her. This is mainly aimed at good aligned characters who want to finish the quest in a good way: to discover and eradicate the clients of the skinner and cleanse the armor in a temple.
Nevertheless, evil characters with CHAR of 18 or higher may also attempt to convince Adalon to sacrifice some of her blood. There is a 25% chance of success for them in deceiving the silver dragon.

Please post all comments or bug reports here.

Download Adalon's Blood

Discussion thread at G3

GitHub Repo
Post edited by jastey on
OxvaShinJTMAvenger_teambgFredjoZaghoullolienAciferStummvonBordwehr

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Thanks, small mod that I always liked having.
    lolienAcifer
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,346
    Thank you!

I fear the Russian version is not really playable, to be honest, at least not without the Permian fonts. With the fonts it should have the right conversion, though.
    @jastey While here, any chance of your BG mini-quests and encounters mod getting updated to work properly with BGEE? As I recall it was possible to install it but dialogues and names of the added characters would be missing.
    Thank you for your interest, I am updating BGQE currently, but it's also a content update as NPC reactions will be added so the update takes a bit longer than "only" adding BG:EE compatibility due to the necessary additional translations and testing.
    I see, thanks a lot - good to hear it's underway and being improved.
  • FuineFuine Member Posts: 40
    I put Adalon's Blood to google spreadsheet.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApOxBTzo7fj5dFlzNTEzb1QxdlBtSWxHb2FDTlprelE&usp=drive_web#gid=0
    But of course I dont know its load order.
    tl1942
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    How does this work? I mean, how could a good-aligned character possibly make a human flesh armor without turning irrevocably evil?
    bob_veng
    The way I see it the point is two-fold, and iirc you can explain as much to Adalon when asking for her blood:

- Hand the blood to the guy in Imnesvale so you can proceed to meet his superiors and put an end to the whole lot of them - for good characters this ties up the last loose end from the bridge district murders.

- Cleanse the armour to in D&D terms supposedly give some peace to the people who ended up contributing to it with their skins.

On the more philosophical side, I guess it could be debated if making armour from humans is really that much more evil than making it from cows.
    edited December 2013
    In BGII, a good-aligned PC gets involved into the quest up to the point where the unfinished skin-armor can be found and the ingredient "silver dragon blood" is requested. Up to this point no evil action is needed (on the contrary, the good aligned PC tries to stop the murders.)
    This mod gives the possibility to continue the quest without killing for the blood, taking into consideration that Fael disappears for good the moment the PC confronts him, thus giving a possibility to get to the customers of that armor. (It also gives the possibility to give the armor to a temple.)

The mod doesn't raise the claim that this is the only way this quest could be solved, nor that it is the best one. I am not sure a paladin would go this route, for example. It just gives one way to "end" this quest for good aligned characters in a way it makes any sense, for those who want it. This was done in the less intrusive way possible, so to say. There is no new confrontation with any client other than what is already in the game, as this was not the scope of this mod. It's just an easy and small addition so the quest can be closed by all PCs.
    Loremaster
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    In which temple can you get the armor cleansed? Is it done through dialogue with the priest?
    Yes, through dialogue. It should be possible in the temple of Helm and Lathander in the temple district for sure, iirc.
    Fina92
    @jastey Hmm, I don't seem to be able to get that dialogue line. Tried both temples you suggested. Can you specify what is required for that line to appear? Perhaps I have missed something.
    Iirc you need to have the finished skin armor in your inventory, but I'd need to check.
    These are the possibiities to give the skin armor to a temple:
    EXTEND_BOTTOM HELMPR 0
    + ~PartyHasItem("LEAT21") Global("C#SB_BlutVonAdalon","GLOBAL",1)
    !Alignment(Player1,MASK_EVIL)~ + @69 + haut_entsorgen
    END

EXTEND_BOTTOM DOGHMA 0
    END

EXTEND_BOTTOM DAWNMAS 0
    END

EXTEND_BOTTOM SLILMAT 0
    END
    jastey wrote: »
    Iirc you need to have the finished skin armor in your inventory, but I'd need to check.

I do have that. Still don't get the dialouge, tried Oghma as well.
    But it could be that I messed up somehow, because I left for underdark before learning that I needed silver dragons blood, so I couldn't ask Adalon for it. Ended up getting it from her the evil way instead. Perhaps that is why I can't get the dialogue now?
    Yes, if you killed her instead of doing the quest for receiving it, the dialogue choices at the temples are not enabled.
    You could cheat the variable to enable them (as long as your PC is not of evil alignment):
    C:SetGlobal("C#SB_BlutVonAdalon","GLOBAL",1)
    Fina92
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,059
    edited October 2020
    (Ignore this post. I didn't read the German forum first.)
    edited September 24
    The mod updates to v15 with a Czech version and support for Project Infinity! Thank you Radim "Edvin" Klímek for the translation.

Changelog:
    -added czech translation, by Radim "Edvin" Klímek
    -added metadata ini and globally unique labels to support Project Infinity
    -switched text format handling to HANDLE_CHARSETS + inconv.exe
    -updated readmes / links