Skip to content

Mods you are still awaiting for to start a proper BGEE & BG2EE run

CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
edited November 2013 in General Modding
So, gals and guys, 10 days passed since BG2EE went out. There were many mods converted to EE editions already and many are work in progress. For what mods are you still waiting until you start playing these new shiny editions? Maybe your must-have collections are ready? Please post your list of mods that you must have until you touch BG(2)EE. I made one playthrough of BGEE so far and some betatesting of BG2EE, but that's about it. I'm still waiting for all the mods that interests me until I sit comfortably into my chair, put my headphones on my ears and plunge into the Sword Coast for another adventure.
Ah, before that, I usually had BG Trilogy on my installs because of difference in engines (Lord forbid not because of the megamods), but now it seems rather redundant, so while I like it, I'll skip it on my list.
As a reminder in this thread you can find current list of mods converted to BG2EE and in this thread list of mods working for BGEE.

Ok, here it goes.

- BG1 NPC Project - not converted (work in progress) - a crucial mod. I'm not even near of starting BGEE again without it. I can even wait 2 years for it, I'm patient.
- BG1 Unfinished Business - not converted (work in progress) - maybe not so much stubborn on this, as in BG1 NPC Project, but I don't imagine a play without this one.
- BG2 Unfinished Business - converted - same as above. I'm glad it's for EE now.
- Ascension - not converted (work in progress) - what more to say. No more ToB without it. Plain and simple.
- The Wheels of Prophecy - converted - didn't play it actually yet, but it seems natural supplement to Ascension, so I will try it. Besides, DawidW is top notch modder, so I'm not worried about this mod's quality a bit.
- Refinements - not converted - I don't imagine playing without this mod. I think I saw DawidW shown some interest in converting it to EE, but I'm not sure if I didn't imagine it.
- Sword Coast Stratagems - converted - I'm ashamed, because I didn't play BG with SCS yet. But I'm definitely planning to do so. Everybody praise it, so what the hell. Maybe I will not die too often.
- Oversight - not converted - this is one of the mods, that you probably won't actually notice it's there, because it's so natural to be part of the game. Didn't saw anyone's interest in converting it, though. Which is really sad, you know.
- Item Revisions - not converted (work in progress) - dear Lord, how much I wait for this one. Demi, Arda and Mike just keeps whetting my appetite on this one.
- Spell Revisions - not converted (work in progress) - same as above, I can't wait for this one too.
- Kit Revisions - not converted (work in progress) - this is much more intriguing for me, rather than essential, and I think we all have to wait for final release some time (cause Demi is so thorough with this mod). Still, if they manage to release it fairy quickly, I'll definitely bite.
- Virtue - not converted - I have a feeling this one is totally abandoned which is a real shame, because I love it. I'd love to see it made for BG1 part too. Probably I will have to skip it, I'm afraid:(
- Paint BG Portrait Pack - probably one and only portrait pack I will ever use. I fell in love with Arta's work.
- Rogue Rebalancing - converted - I install this even if not plan to play thief. It's just that good.
- Wizard Slayer Rebalancing - converted - I have a feeling I might want to play WS at some point. If so, it's a must be.
- Item Randomiser - converted - ok I've heard that it don't play well with Item Revisions, anyone care to confirm? If so, I'll stick with IR. But I would really love to try it at some point.
- aTweaks - converted - it's Avenger's & Wisp's project, so only this is enough for me. Other than that, it's a splendid mod.
- BG2 Tweak Pack - converted - has some tweaks, that I always use, so definitely on my list.
- Dark Side of the Sword Coast - not converted (work in progress) - but only if it will be really upgraded - new animations and areas and no overpowered items. I miss a proper large BG1 adventure and have really high hopes with this one. So, only when it comes out and bunch of people assure me that it's a brand new shining gem, without OP items and monsters.
- BG1 Mini Quests and Encounters - not converted (work in progress) - I always liked it. It adds nice flavor to the game and not stands out much from overall writing.
- Ding0's Quest Pack - not converted - don't actually know, if someone works on this one, but it's really good mod. Good, natural writing. I'd like to have it on my EE run. But I've heard Wisp's on it.
- Ding0's Tweak Pack - not converted - there are a couple of tweaks I'd like to have installed from this pack, but haven't heard any plans of update to EE. I'll manage without it, but...
- The Longer Road - not converted - didn't play it so far, but sheer idea of messing with Mr. I is a real joy. Definitely willing to try it.
- The Sellswords - converted - I just admire Kulyok's work, so this is a must be. Besides, I need to see Jarlaxle & Kimmuriel in action. I just must, period.
- Back to Brynnlaw - converted - as above, it's Kulyok's handcraft. Plus there have to be a reason to have Imoen in party, just one reason.
- Assasinations - converted - this is one and only mod, where I'm willing to cross my character boundaries and play it even with good character. I love it.
- Tales of the Deep Gardens - converted - only mod from CoI series I've played so far and I really liked it. I will gladly to play it again.
- I Shall Never Forget - converted - I didn't play it yet, but I promised Lava, I will play his mods. So, it goes on the list, then.
- Innershade - not converted (work in progress) - as above, Lava has imaginative mind, so I'm curious about it.
- The White Queen - not converted (work in progress) - as above.
- Eilistraee's Song - not converted (work in progress) - as above, plus I like Eilistaee and I'm eager to see what Lava thought up with this one.
- Adalon's Blood - converted - definitely if I decided to play good character. Never played it thus far, but it seems natural to have installed.
-Romantic Encounters - converted - after in-depth reading of Readme I've decided to include this mod on my list. To my surprise, I realized that I developed some more romantic feelings, so it's possible, that this mod could trigger some unexpected emotions on me. Want to try, anyway
- Tower of Deception - not converted - OK, bear with me guys with this one. First, I didn't play it ever. Second, I've heard all good things about this mod. Third, I didn't see even a slightest mention, about any plans of converting it to EE. Does anybody know something? If it's dead, I'll move along.
- Weimar's Item Upgrade - converted - this is the only Item pack I ever used, because it's a great one. I'm really glad it's prepped for EE.
- Daulmakan's Item Pack - not converted - I know Daulmakan said he has no plans of converting it, but I still have hope he changes his mind. If no, I'll stick only with Weimar's Pack.
- The Lure of Sirine's Call - not converted - Nice little quest, which is pretty always on my install list, when I play BG1. I've not seen any signs that it's worked on, but it's one of the very few on this list, that I'm reluctantly willing to skip, if there are no plans at all to convert it.
- Almateria's Restoration Project - converted - well, this one is a new territory for me. It's appealing enough to try it, but I will need more insight from you guys, if it's bugless and if its content is worth trying.
- Level One NPC's - not converted - I'm puzzled here, I never used it, but it seems like a very nice mod. On the other hand, is there a point of using it while having access to EEKeeper? Anyone care to shed some light?
- Faiths of Faerun Kitpack - not completed - I don't use kit mods much, because vanilla game covers pretty much I really need. It seems this one, if Mordeus ever completes it, will be the one I ever need. If not, I probably only need Divine Remix.
- Divine Remix - not converted - sincerelly I'm not sure if it's work in progress for EE. If, so I'm willing to install it until Mordeus finish up his work. Hell, maybe these two mods will play along well.

OK, know the tricky part, the NPC's. I must admit I didn't use many NPC mods thus far, so pretty all of them are new to me. But here is a short list of NPC's I will definitely try at some point (maybe not all in one install, though).
- Xan - converted - It's Kulyok's and it's very expanded. Plus, I've heard people were crying while playing it. It has to mean something, right?
- Aran Whitehand - not completed (work in progress) - I fell in love with it, when I read his banter with Keldorn. Exceptionally well written. I can't wait.
- Yvette Romance - not converted (work in progress) - as I said I promised Lava to play his mods. Plus I played it a little and Yvette's quite charming.
- Adrian - converted - a Zhent sorcerer? OMG, bring it on.
- Arath - converted - First, I never liked Cernd. Second, there is no other pure druid in BG2. Third, I admire Liam's writing. So, he goes up on the list.
- Dace - converted - I need more romance options. Plus Liam's work.
- Isra - converted - not for every run, but if I ever decide to play lawful good, she's a natural.
- Kelsey - converted - I heard he's very good written. True?
- Solaufein - not converted - He's probably only one mod NPC I have truly had in my party all along SoA+ToB. I hope he will be converted at some point.

And that's about it. Please share your own lists, maybe there are some outstanding mods out there of which I have heard nothing.

Post edited by Cahir on
JuliusBorisovCuvzwadeklordkimDiscoCatEtaminLorelAmeerHM

Comments

• velehalvelehal Member Posts: 299
    For me it is (I mean mods that are not yet converted):
    -NPC project
    -Unfinished Business for BG1

-Ascension
    -Refinements
    -Ding0's Quest Pack
    -both Item and Spell Revisions
    Without these I don´t want to play BG. There are other mods which I like but they are not necessary.
  • CheryChocieCheryChocie Member Posts: 47
    I'm waiting for Ascension and The Psion class kit to properly get going on my BG2:EE run. I'm currently playing a Wild Mage through BG:EE (I don't like Neera sorry : <) and it's a lot of fun. I had an amusing fight with Drasus outside the Cloakwood mine which my mage, in a way, soloed (I had the SCS improved Drasus fight too). I began with a Web + Stinking cloud combo then attempted to Reckless Dweamor a Cloudkill on top of it. Unfortunately - for them - I got a wild surge and summoned a Nabassu on top of them. Their magic and weapons were completely useless and the Nabassu slaughtered them including the two nearby horses : <. It was a very amusing event. Fortunately as well my subsequent fireballs claimed 3 killing blows so I only lost a small bit of experience.

But yea, if Ascension is done by the time I am done with BG:EE and Psion is not, I'll take my Wild Mage through BG2:EE.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Ok, I knew I forgot about something. I added two Kit mods I'm waiting for.
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    Cahir said:

- Item Randomiser - converted - ok I've heard that it don't play well with Item Revisions, anyone care to confirm? If so, I'll stick with IR. But I would really love to try it at some point.

AFAIK, it's just Demivrgvs' opinion that using the two mods together is inappropriate, or whatever. There's no technical or conceptual reason preventing the combination. The worst that'll happen is that you'll find the items moved by Item Revisions where Item Revisions placed them, rather than as random loot.
    Cahir
    edited November 2013
    Wisp said:

Cahir said:

AFAIK, it's just Demivrgvs' opinion that using the two mods together is inappropriate, or whatever. There's no technical or conceptual reason preventing the combination. The worst that'll happen is that you'll find the items moved by Item Revisions where Item Revisions placed them, rather than as random loot.
    @Wisp, so basically this means that Item Revisions carefully put some magic items into places where obtaining them will not be considered as having overpowered stuff, but then Item Randomizer can shuffle them in a way that you might yet stumble upon them in specific moment of a game, when they could indeed feel as overpowered? Are you put your own fail-safes in Item Randomizer to avoid obtaining powerful items in let's say beginning of Chapter 2 (like Carsomyr in for example circus tent)?

Basically what I'm asking is, if I install only Randomizer I'll have a chance to stumble upon OP items, or did you prevent it somehow?

Cause you know, I would like to see how Demi redistributed his new cool stuff, but on the other hand this randomness, which Randomizer provides, is thrilling. And I'd like to derive as much from both mods as possible.
    But if installing one of them (most likely Randomizer) upsets the balance of the other one (Revisions), I'll have to wait with Randomizer until the second playthrough. If, however, advantages of both mods can be shared, it will be most splendid.
    @Cahir
    With Item Randomiser, you will find epic items exclusively in epic fights (and so on, down to the weakling enemies that only carry trinkets at best). There is also, for example, a chance you might find the Bladesinger Chain in chapter 2 (in some epic fight available in chapter 2) instead of at the very end, but you could argue that's part of the thrill. But it cuts both ways. You won't (probably not), for example, conveniently find the Mace of Disruption right as you are hip-deep in vampires. You may not even find it in chapter 2, making undead more of a credible threat. I'd also say there fewer freebies lying around with Item Randomiser. Rather than, for example, finding the best halberd in SoA on some speed bump in the Underdark, you'll find at some place where you will most likely have had to fight for it.

Yes, care and balancing has gone into Item Randomiser (which isn't to say it's perfect and can't be improved upon).
    Cahir
    edited November 2013
    @Wisp thanks for shedding some light on it. I'm afraid, it still didn't help me to choose, if I should install only Item Revisions, only Item Randomizer or both of them, though it did tell me, that Item Randomizer is much more awesome, than I initially thought.

I guess I have to make in-depth reading of both Readme documents and compare all pros and cons of each mod.

Besides I anticipate that upcoming v4 of Item Revisions will have some significant changes, balance wise. By the time all necessary mods will be converted, You'll probably release newer version of Randomizer yourself (as you stated on G3 yourself, current version 7 is now a dev release and it's not yet fully completed).

Anyway, I'll be watching both projects closely for now, cause I'm vitally interested in well-being of both mods. And again, kudos for your explanation.
  • kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 168
    BG1UB and Ascension :D

to accompany BG2Tweaks n SCS

Man, it's a pretty exciting time. I love the BG community :D
  • JS82JS82 Member Posts: 15
    -Psionics unleashed: Best kit-mod available, WAY more thorough and better implemented than any other class-tweaks i´ve seen. Waiting for BG2EE version to complete runthrough with my BGEE psion.

-Ascension: can´t play TOB without

-IR & SR: Again, just very thorough work, patching a lot of boring/OP/UP items and spells. Game is objectively better with than without :-)

- Refinements. Mainly for revised HLAs, making for much more unique classes at high levels.

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Cahir said:

- BG1 NPC Project - not converted (work in progress) - a crucial mod. I'm not even near of starting BGEE again without it. I can even wait 2 years for it, I'm patient.

This most of all - if I could only use one BG1 mod, this would be it. All my BGEE playthroughs have felt kind of empty without it, so this time I'm waiting. I'm also cautiously optimistic that by the time I'm done with a BGEE playthrough with the NPC Project, a great many BG2 mods will be EE-updated and working well.

I think the list has quite good coverage so far. Two often overlooked mods I'd spontaneously add are:

Fading Promises, a relatively small mod wherein you throughout a large part of the SoA story sporadically meet with the ghost of a long-dead paladin. Low-key, very well-written and with a great ending.

Aurora's Shoes and Boots, a shop based mod with content in BG1, BG2 and with the last update also in ToB. It's fairly heavy on RP with good characterization, a lot of random conversation, small atmospherical quests and flavour items that don't have all too much practical use (as well as some rather good items).

They may not be the kind of mods you'd put a playthrough on hold for, but they're such a nice touch when included.
    Cahir
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    I really like the majority of those mods, but I can play without them. The only one I CAN'T do without is the BG1 NPC Project, and we've been waiting quite a while. It really does add the depth into BG1, which I like much better than BG2. I completely understand the need to wait for it, as I am a new modder myself and I can see why it would take as long as it has, but it really is a beloved mod.
    @Shin thanks for reply. I might be tempted to try Fading Promises, but official description is rather short and vague. Don't know exactly what can I expect of this mod. But if you say it's well written I might as well try it.

As for Aurora's Shoes and Boots I think I have tried it once at some point, but did not liked its shop assortment. It seemed, well, detached from original feeling. For instance, in PST there were many outfits, which you could buy for Annah or for Fall-From-Grace and they seemed natural, fitted well into the whole game. Aurora's shoes, not so much.
    But, I might be wrong, because now I'm not so sure if this was from this mod after all. Is a sfirvneblin shopkeeper in BG1 from this mod? In Beregost IIRC? If so, that's Aurora's Shoes. I know there is a PC in ToB part, but don't exactly know much about her.
  • DemivrgvsDemivrgvs Member Posts: 315
    edited November 2013
    @Cahir I just wanted to point out that the parts of KR currently available (fighters, paladins and rangers) are already compatible with BGEE. For a full KR release with all kits and HLAs you'll indeed have to wait though. :( IR v4 is ready instead (it's a matter of days or a week at most), while SR v4 will take a bit more time, hopefully just 1-2 weeks.

When it comes to IR and Item Randomizer @Wisp is right that there's no technical reason preventing the combination, but while he might think there's no conceptual incompatibility, there is indeed.

Long story: since the last version IR re-arranges all stores (creating appropriate blacksmiths, fletchers, libraries, fences, etc.) and make opponents use appropriate items (e.g. underdark's Death Knight actually uses both Soul Reaver and Death Armor instead of keeping them in the inventory). Randomizer might do the best job in the world but its scope is clearly opposite to IR's one when it comes to re-allocations, and as much sensible it might be (e.g. correctly detecting and moving items based on their supposed power level) almost any item within IR has a reason to be where it is. For example Randomizer moves the Mace of Disruption in multiple places, while we do want it to be an expensive item sold by an appropriate Temple, while in the blood pool it once contained it you can now find an even more approriate item (Vampire's Revenge cursed longsword). Another example is that within IR Azuredge (anti-undead axe) Wyrmcleaver (anti-dragon halberd) and Harbinger (anti-demon greatsword) are available at the Radian Heart Order for parties with very high reputation, and as you can see there's a reason behind selecting those particular items.

Short story: the two mods are compatible, but with two very different goals, thus it all depends on what you prefer. Personally I would suggest you to at least try out IR's revised stores and re-allocations once before installing Randomizer over it. The first time you'll play with the new IR the game will indeed feel randomized anyway because while fan favorite or plot-related items (e.g. Lilarcor, Flail of Ages) are not moved, we do moved TONS of items.
    Post edited by Demivrgvs on
    Cahir
    @Demivrgvs @Wisp thank you very much both for your exhaustive answers about Item Revisions and Item Randomizer. Your explanations made me arrive at several conclusions:
    1. Both your mods are exceptionally well designed and extremely useful:) I bow to your genius.
    2. I just love Demi's ideas to correct original boring design ideas for many items and I *must* see it in action. This is not negotiable, so to speak. The fact that IR also redistributes these items in, as I see from Demi's post, the most sensible manner, is an additional advantage.
    3. I love in nearly the same way (although with slightly different manner) the idea of randomness Item Randomizer brings to the table. The fact that Wisp put a great deal to add a lot of sense to this randomness makes the mod all that much appealing.
    4. So, what I think I'll do is:
    - install only Item Revisions on my first run, cause Demi made an excellent point, that the first time I'll have indeed a feeling of randomness, since most of these items will be located in different places anyway. The fact, he puts a great care to allocate all items in most sensible way will spice up things.
    - on my following runs, I'll probably try both mods, installing Item Revisions as first and Item Randomizer as a second. I could try to install only Randomizer, but I have a *very* strong feeling, that seeing the same boring vanilla items again in my game will get me to a heart attack. Besides, I'll test if this conceptual incompatibility of which Demi speaks, will have severe impact on my experience. Who knows, maybe it will be on a plus.

@Demivrgvs As for Kit Revisions, I follow your thread on G3 closely, although silently, and I do realize that I can install fighters, paladins and rangers just now, but:
    - I have a thing, that I use complete mods only (sorry, for that). I just want to have a pure and excellent gaming experience (don't like to experiment with mods so much, except if I undertake a betatesting)
    - I have a feeling, that you'll make a few more changes to these kits along the way, changing the whole experience a bit (due mostly to kreso, Kalindor and co. suggestions - which are great btw)
    - I have *profoundly* deep rooted hope that you do plan to handle wizards and sorcerers too, cause these are my favorite classes by far. The fact that there is no thread on G3 about these classes worries me much (and probably are one of the reasons, that I'm so silent on IR threads). I know that these are slightly different classes, because they have no kits whatsoever (specialist wizards cannot be counted as a kits, right?), well maybe besides Dragon Disciple in EE, but I hope you will think of something to put some freshness in them.
    - I can wait for the final result, no problem, since not all my dream mods were converted to EE yet.

And I'm very (I mean VERY) pleased, that both IR and SR will have their new versions this year. And I'm really grateful for all of your hard work and listening to the voices of players. Your discussions on G3 put a joy into my heart and made me realize how little I understand mechanics of this game and how little I cared of it thus far.
    @Demivrgvs
    So, basically, it is your opinion that using the two mods together is inappropriate. That's hardly an incompatibility. So you move the MoD and other items. That's fine. Moved items are not randomised and you will still find the MoD and others in their predictable locations. Okay, I'll grant you there are a few minor concerns. For example, PLAT16 ("Casiel's Soul +3") is a cursed item with Item Revisions, which means Item Randomiser shouldn't hand it out as a quest reward. But those are hardly insurmountable. I'll give Item Revisions a once over as part of Item Randomiser v7 and see if there's anything else that should be accounted for.

(As an aside, with Item Randomiser's Mode 2, creatures also use the random items they receive, assuming it is legal and makes sense.)
    OK, I forgot that there is a nice looking mod called Romantic Encounters. After thoroughly reading its Readme, I've decided to put it on my list.

And the question for you guys, is Extended Banters mod worthy of trying? Which Friendship and Romance mods will you recommend? I'm not willing to install all of them on one playthrough, but I'm eager to know which ones are well written, and which ones not so much.
    I've been thinking about Edwin Romance, cause I just love this guy and, believe it or not, didn't play female character so far (!). If this mod is cool, I will have to seriously think, if the time to play a mean sorceress hasn't come already.
    Lava is trying to persuade me to try his Yoshimo Romance, and even if I'm sure he did a splendid job with it, I hesitate, because me and Yoshi didn't like each other, when I played BG2 for the first time. He just...betrayed me in some way (if you know what I mean). I held the grudge to this day. Dunno, you think I should give the bastard second chance? Plus I heard it's a really sad romance and, you know, actually the winter is coming, time of sadness and despair.
    Anyway, what do you think of these mods?
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Cahir said:

I hesitate, because me and Yoshi didn't like each other, when I played BG2 for the first time. He just...betrayed me in some way (if you know what I mean). I held the grudge to this day.

It's been ten years. Let it go. Move on.

Cahir
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    I tend to take the minimalist approach: BG1NPC and Unfinished Business for BG:EE, Ascension and Unfinished Business for BG2:EE. And maybe a few components from the Tweak pack (like the absolutely essential "Shut Up You Must Gather Your Party") if I can figure out which ones the EEs actually need...
    DavidW said:

Cahir said:

I hesitate, because me and Yoshi didn't like each other, when I played BG2 for the first time. He just...betrayed me in some way (if you know what I mean). I held the grudge to this day.

It's been ten years. Let it go. Move on.

@DavidW well, maybe I will. But if this son of a cambion will do it again to my female character I swear I'll put him out of his misery:)

David are you planning any add-ons to SCS along the way or just fixing remaining bugs? It may take a while when I start my dream run (still waiting for some mods to be converted) and I'm wondering if (apart from bugs) you consider SCS as a complete mod or are you thinking about squeezing something more to it?
    Besides are you by chance planning more mods? I'm curious if you have something up your sleeves. I always thought that your interest shifts more to scripting/tweaking type of mods, but then the Wheels of prophecy adds some content too, so I dunno:)
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    I'm not anticipating adding new content to SCS any time soon.

As for new mods - who knows? My practice in the past has been to keep things up my sleeve until they're basically releasable.
    DavidW said:

I'm not anticipating adding new content to SCS any time soon.

Ok, good to know.
    DavidW said:

As for new mods - who knows? My practice in the past has been to keep things up my sleeve until they're basically releasable.

Fair enough, I guess everyone has to have their own secrets.
    edited November 2013
    Cahir said:

@Shin thanks for reply. I might be tempted to try Fading Promises, but official description is rather short and vague. Don't know exactly what can I expect of this mod. But if you say it's well written I might as well try it.

I'd recommend trying it. As stated it's a low-key mod, doesn't occupy a whole lot of playing time and can be ignored if you don't like it. But RP-wise I found it quite rewarding.
    Cahir said:

As for Aurora's Shoes and Boots I think I have tried it once at some point, but did not liked its shop assortment. It seemed, well, detached from original feeling. For instance, in PST there were many outfits, which you could buy for Annah or for Fall-From-Grace and they seemed natural, fitted well into the whole game. Aurora's shoes, not so much.
    But, I might be wrong, because now I'm not so sure if this was from this mod after all. Is a sfirvneblin shopkeeper in BG1 from this mod? In Beregost IIRC? If so, that's Aurora's Shoes. I know there is a PC in ToB part, but don't exactly know much about her.

Yeah, the BG1 svirfneblin is indeed part of this mod, she can be found in Nashkel at first and then later on in Baldur's Gate. It does keep a relatively lighthearted tone, so I can understand it not being for everyone. The BG2 content is a bit more fleshed out, but still keeps the same tone.

Oh yeah, and I should point out that afaik none of these two have been updated, so at the very least the BGEE-part of Aurora's Shoes and Boots is likely to fail.

• blackmamuthblackmamuth Member Posts: 19
    edited November 2013
    @wisp

By the way, Will item randomiser cover the new items after it's converted? or like BG1EE the new additions will not get randomized?

(That Op mace in beregost :-P )
    Post edited by blackmamuth on
    @blackmamuth
    Yes, the time will come when Item Randomiser brings reckoning to the new things in BG(2)EE (when it makes sense and all that).
    Well, I'm starting to have an increasing desire to start my dream BGEE+BG2EE playthrough but there is still some crucial mods missing for me:( I saw things were slowing down with EE modding after initial response for BG2EE release.
    I think I can narrow my list for few mods. With these I think I could start a game. And that is:
    - BG1 NPC Project - I fear that since @LiamEsler got his invitation to work with PoE things may be slowed down or, God forbid, stopped...AFAIK @cmorgan is on it along with some testers, but I'm not sure how things are these days with this mod. Can't start a game without it, because I know BGEE by heart by know and i need a refreshment...
    - BG1 Unfinished Business - Maybe not much of a crucial mod for me, but since I desperately need new quality content I can't go without it. Still I don't know if it's being working on. I believe @Miloch is working on it, but we didn't hear any news since late November.
    - Ascension - ahh, for BG2EE this one is like BG1 NPC for BGEE to me. Can't play ToB without it. I'm up to date with "The state of Ascension" thread, but it has been disturbingly quiet as of late in there. @Cuv give us a carrot, please:)
    - Item Revisions and Spell Revisions - I hear that there is some lazy modder stalling these two....(just joking guys:P). Anyway, I'm waiting for both of these with my breath hold.
    - Refinements - now, this one is likely been uncertain, if it shows for conversion. I've read that @DawidW said something about willing to do it eventually if no-one else volunteers, but apart from that, there is no news. From all of these, I think this is the only mode I COULD live without, but I'd rather not:P

All other not converted mods, from my list in the first post, are not crucial in my current state of mind (ahh, this growing desire to start playing....), but will be a VERY nice addition.

So, yeah these taggings were intentional. Give us some carrot guys, we are counting on you:)
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    There was some activity with BG1NPC recently, but it was all very technical and I couldn't make heads or tails out of it. It's been over a year, though; my guess is they've either hit a wall or they're just not that interested in finishing it.

Ascension irks me more because the devs first hinted that they were thinking about integrating it (which they obviously didn't, for whatever reason), then they said it would be compatible at launch. I get that mods aren't Beamdog's responsibility, but why make false assurances at all, then?
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Without BG1 NPC Project and Ascension I find Baldur's Gate and Throne of Bhaal to be only half as awesome as they should be. I'd probably pay ten bucks each for BG1 NPC and Ascension as downloadable content.
    Foggy
    From what I have gathered from BG1 NPC Project testing, the issue is partially one of the mod adding so much content (romance paths, quests etc) that it's hard to test it all in just one playthrough. My run might be flawless while someone who attempts to romance Shar-Teel or Ajantis or plays with Xzar in their party could encounter a game-breaking bug.

When that part is done, someone would need to spend the time implementing all the changes in WeiDU, and then it should preferrably be at least somewhat tested again.