Skip to content

D&D games selling up to 75% off on gamersgate

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
edited September 2014 in Off-Topic

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Do you work for GOG, mister??
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Nah but given that it is a) related to D&D, and B) it has a time limit that will expire in the next day, it seemed like it was better to post a new thread on this rather than to throw it in an old thread.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    For windows.....
    elminsterCrevsDaak
    LOL it's just that you're advertising them a lot these past days.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    elminster said:

So apparently there is a massive sale on gog.com right now where you can pay $21 and get basically their whole stock of D&D games (you can also get games discounted individually). I know they've done this before but like with Fallout I figured I'd give a heads up.

http://www.gog.com/promo/dungeons_and_dragons_desire_80_off_winter_promo_2013

Already bought em all in the last sale.
    elminster
    edited December 2013
    deleted

Meh, i'll bring up any big D&D or old school rpg sale/giveaway if I hear about it.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Talking about GOG and D&D titles, I'm kind of interested to know as to why they haven't added Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara to their assortments yet. Looks like Steam and GamersGate already sell this remake of Tower of Doom and Shadow over Mystara since June 2013.
    Yeah, it's cool. I'm just making observations. I already own most of these games, so I don't think I'll be making a purchase now.
    [Deleted User]
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054

Talking about GOG and D&D titles, I'm kind of interested to know as to why they haven't added Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara to their assortments yet. Looks like Steam and GamersGate already sell this remake of Tower of Doom and Shadow over Mystara since June 2013.

It's also on PSN and much enjoyment has been had bashing strangely tough kobolds and annoying liches.

• KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Well, Can't hurt to have a CD free version of IWD2, and I have not played ToEE or Planescape...
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Bad luck I don't have Windows nor a credit card ;'(
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    I grabbed them... how can I pass up no CD versions of IWD/IWD2/PST/ToEE/NWN/NWN2 !
    elminsterCrevsDaak
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Cuv said:

I grabbed them... how can I pass up no CD versions of IWD/IWD2/PST/ToEE/NWN/NWN2 and especially BG1 and BG2 !

@Cuv

Fixed for you :p
    CrevsDaakCuv
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited December 2013
    It seems like @Erg likes this HTML code a lot.

Erg
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    It is nifty! and thanks @Erg :)
    Erg
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited December 2013
    Bugger... I missed it...

Edit: oh well, normal price is still well worth the DRM-free copies.
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Erg said:

Cuv said:

I grabbed them... how can I pass up no CD versions of IWD/IWD2/PST/ToEE/NWN/NWN2 and especially BG1 and BG2 !

Cuv

Fixed for you :p
    Why need a copy of BG1 and 2 when you can have EE... And honestly, who here doesn't have those already
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    meagloth said:

For windows.....

What is so surprising?
    Maybe linux will be the future of PC gaming but until today and for 30 years windows has been The home to almost every pc game and mod ever made. Being an OS that allows users to use it as and where they please instead of Apple who always limited their users to what they think should be used.
    So yes, old games running on windows seems about right.
    I picked up nwn2 personally. I already owned it but that was a really old purchase from direct2drive (and its successor doesn't let you download it anymore)
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    dammit. Missed it. Probably a good thing.
    edited December 2013
    elminster said:

Meh, i'll bring up any big D&D or old school rpg sale/giveaway if I hear about it.
    I'm a man of my word. Gamersgate has an even better D&D sale on now.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-DBAMC/dungeons-and-dragons-anthology-the-master-collection
    [Deleted User]HeindrichCrevsDaak
    edited December 2013
    Also apparently the Gog.com promo is back. Unless you are looking to buy NWN or NWN2 its not nearly as good as the gamersgate one though.

http://www.gog.com/promo/dungeons_and_dragons_desire_80_off_winter_promo_2013
  • lairdjarenlairdjaren Member Posts: 2
    elminster said:

elminster said:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-DBAMC/dungeons-and-dragons-anthology-the-master-collection

Hello. Sorry to join the conversation rather late, but I was wondering if anyone knows if the gamersgate D&D anthology has any install issues and is properly patched? A very cursory google search turned up a few complaints when installing baldur's gate purchased from gamersgate on windows 7, albeit these posts appear to be over a year old. I am new to all these titles and wanted to check them out a bit before investing in the EE. Thanks for your time and patience!
    edited December 2013

elminster said:

Hello. Sorry to join the conversation rather late, but I was wondering if anyone knows if the gamersgate D&D anthology has any install issues and is properly patched? A very cursory google search turned up a few complaints when installing baldur's gate purchased from gamersgate on windows 7, albeit these posts appear to be over a year old. I am new to all these titles and wanted to check them out a bit before investing in the EE. Thanks for your time and patience!
    There are fixpacks available online (just google baldur's gate fixpack, temple of evil fixpack, etc) but officially from a patch standpoint they should be up to date.
  • lairdjarenlairdjaren Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2014
    Thanks!
    edited February 2014
    Gog.com sale again. Up to 80% off on D&D games.
    jackjack
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    They're also giving away Dungeon Keeper for free.
    jackjackCrevsDaak
    Awong124 said:

They're also giving away Dungeon Keeper for free.

Yea thats actually the reason I checked their site today lol. Then I noticed this and figured I'd point it out as well.
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    @elminster or anybody else who knows

If I buy NWN: Diamond Edition does that count as the base game or is it an expansion? I've never played NWN before and I want to get this, but I don't want to buy it if I need to buy the base game first

cheers