Skip to content

[BG:EE Mod] Disable EE NPCs, EE items available in shops

PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
edited August 2014 in BG:EE Mods
The first part of this mod makes some new items introduced by BG:EE available in shops across the Sword Coast, so you don't have to recruit new NPCs to get them. Enemies still wear them, but they are undroppable (except Elven Chain). Redistributed items are:
Albruin - Thunderhammer Smithy
Elven Chainmail - Thunderhammer Smithy
Amulet of Spell Warding - Feldepost Inn
Gem Bag - Friendly Arm Inn
Adoy's Belt - Carnival Shop (the only square one)
Glimmering Bands - Carnival Shop (the only square one)
Cursed Girdle of Hill Giant Strength - Lucky Aello's Discount Store at the entrance of Baldur's Gate

Note: As of patch1.3, Glimmering Bands will be only usable by Rasaad. This mod changes them back to be usable by anyone.

The second part lets you remove new EE NPCs Dorn, Neera and Rasaad (all are separate choices in WeiDU install).
I also added an option for Neera, which doesn't remove her, but tweaks her introduction so she won't force a dialogue. Instead she will wait until player talks to her.

First part of the mod (ee items in shops) exist as an override non-WeiDU mod, so even iPad and Android players can use it. Just extract the file "EE_items.rar" below in the override (or portraits for iPad). Note that the items will only be available in those shops if you haven't already visited them.

The second file "EE_content_tweaks.rar" contains WeiDU installer with both parts of this mod. You can install each component individually. It should be compatible with any mod that doesn't do the exact changes I did.

Edited 3.8. 2014
Post edited by Pecca on
KidCarnivalSionIVwintersCrevsDaakFlashburnmegmeg400elminsterSharGuidesMyHandGrammarsaladALIENJuliusBorisovgattberserkProont

Comments

• KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Now Neera may live. Maybe. :)
    PeccaDexterGrammarsalad
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    @Pecca - I like the idea of this mod. I noticed that the overrides also include CRE and an ARE file. Will there be any negative impact if I don't put those in the override. The CRE I assume make the item undroppable for that NPC, however I prefer to have either option of obtaining the item. For the ARE I'm not sure what change was made there or if it is ok if I just don't put it in the override. Thanks.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @SirK8 the ARE is to remove the original Glimmering Bands and the Cursed Girdle from Rasaad's quest areas.
    Fredjo
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    As Crevs says. You don't need to put those in the override, there will just be two of each.
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    Thanks. I'll leave them out for now and likely just ignore the second instance of the items. I want the option to obtain them either way.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    How about some of the other in-the-game-yet-not-implemented items such as Eilistraee's Boon or Redshield +1, +4 vs. Monstrous?
    SCARY_WIZARDCrevsDaak
    @Mathsorcerer: I added Eilistraee's Boon and other ciclets to my other mod More Style for Mages. As for the other items, if you (or anyone) list them here, I can add them.

I also plan (no ETA) to WeiDUise this mod and add separate options to block ee NPCs (I've seen someone requesting it).
    Erg
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Sounds good. I added Redshield to the Thunderhammer shop, I expanded High Hedge's selection of scrolls, and I made potions of extra healing available at some temples.
    I uploaded WeiDU version with an option to remove new NPCs.
    Erg
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Pecca said:

The first part of this mod makes some new items introduced by BG:EE available in shops across the Sword Coast, so you don't have to recruit new NPCs to get them. Enemies still wear them, but they are undroppable (except Elven Chain).

Pecca said:

The second part lets you remove new EE NPCs Dorn, Neera and Rasaad (all are separate choices in WeiDU install).

I went to bed last night thinking of how cool it would be if there was a mod that does this. I wake up now to find that my wish has come true (or was already true).
    PeccaSionIV
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    @Pecca Hi, any plans for EET version with BG2EE content?
    I dont have any plans for it. There is another mod by @argent77 that works for BG2:EE too.
    @argent77 Do you also have plans for EET version with BG2EE items ?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    My mod only deals with the NPCs themselves which you can make passive or disable completely. It's already fully compatible with EET.

It doesn't provide any options to make NPC-related items available. (It had been requested before, but I haven't followed up on it for time reasons.) However, if you can give me a complete list of items that are only obtainable by letting the new NPCs join your party I can probably add a new subcomponent to make it available in various shops or as collectible loot.

We shouldn't derail Pecca's thread any further though. I have my own topics for this mod on this forum and on SHS.
    @Pecca If there is a component for BG1:EE then maybe you will be able to create additional component for EE Content Tweaks which would also cover BG2:EE items? I hate separation of identical components to different mods.
    @ALIEN: I don't know. Isn't it what Argent77 is going to do? I work on updates of other mods of mine, so even if he won't do it and I decide to, it won't be anytime soon.
    @Pecca It's not a problem for me. It's much better when one mod contains similar components for BG1:EE and BG2:EE (SoD?). And it has a good name for it's purpose.
    It seems that argent77 added similar components for his so yuo can focus at other things.
  • froggyzorfroggyzor Member Posts: 3
    Hi!
    I've installed your mod and i have a problem with Lucky Aello's Discount Store. My game crashes when i try to talk with the guy. I tried my save file on another platform without the mod and it still crashes. Is there a way to fix this?
    @froggyzor hi, this is very old mod and I didn't keep it up to date so it's possible that game patches caused some incompatibility. I recommend to uninstall the mod and install this one:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/43074/mod-disable-enhanced-edition-npcs-for-bg-ee-bg2-ee/p1
    Well, I was using it for items not to disable NPCs, so it's not a solution for me :( But thanks for the fast reply :)
    I think the mod also includes component that enables those items in game.
    edited January 2019
    Yeah, it does (i just read the readme file :D). Thanks for the tip :)

edit.
    It didn't help. I think maybe something is wrong with the save itself. I used EEKeeper to redistribute stats, so maybe it wronged save somehow.