Skip to content

Some requests & suggestions...

KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
edited August 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
1. More 50 hours of new gameplay. ^^
2. An official editor or at least, a compatibility with near infinity & DLTCEP.
3. Animations & paperdolls from BG1.
4. The same walk speed for ALL CRE.
5. The kits (of BG2) needs more balanced (currently most of them are too powerful for BG1).

6. All fights in the second half of BG1 >> More hard.
7. Random scrolls (in CRE & ARE) instead of "you'll always find this scroll at this place".
8. Rest in inns cost more gold but cure more HP (actually the maximum is only 4 hp).
9. Some quests for bad guys >> with a real reward at the end.
10. A sexy outfit for Safana. ^^
Post edited by Kerozevok on

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    5. The kits (of BG2) needs more balanced (currently most of them are too powerful for BG1).

Too powerful, or completely useless. There's at least one kit that doesn't get any of the benefits from its advantages until level 7, meaning that throughout BG1 the only thing marking you as different from a non-kitted character is the bevy of disadvantages.

More than balance, I'd like to see the kits be interesting and useful at all levels of play, not just level 7 and higher.

Most of those others, I don't think are going to happen. I'd like to see new animations and paper dolls, but from what I gather it's a pipe dream.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I think that balancing kits is really a sticky issue.

On reddit we already had a big discussion about how Monks were particularly weak for a melee class at low levels. There were people wanting them to be buffed for low levels, but also nerfed at higher levels. Personally I think that Monks are fine, its ok for them to suck and suffer until they get awesome.

Archers for example are also pretty powerful for BG1, mainly because you already can kill most stuff with ranged weapons before they reach you with a normal Ranger or Warrior, much less with an Archer that gets some bonus to damage and hit.

But there are kits that probably suck all the way from 1 to cap level. Wizard Slayers could really get an improvement for example. And I have to agree, kits that only start receiving benefits at level 7 could start getting stuff before that.
    Lunever
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    edited August 2012
    Sorry for the lateness of my answer, but I don't agree. I finished several times the original BG1, I finished one time BG1 with TUTU and another time with BGT and that I can say is the kits make the game more easier. Shapeshifter, blade, assassin, berserker, inquisitor... all these kits and some others, must be adapted to low levels or BG1 becomes a easy game like.. Dragon Age (but perhaps is that the players want ?).

Edit: The archers are powerful in BG1 because the speed walk is only 5.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Point number 10 is especially important i feel.
    edited August 2012
    Nothing more bright to say ?...
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    1. I wonder how Black Pits would fare.
    2. You mean character editor? If so, then I disagree. I'm against aiding cheaters.
    3. 1PP is going to be implemented.
    4. That would be nice. Generaly, higher walking speed for all slow creatures (bears especially) will do. + making wolfs faster than you again.
    5. It's a good idea, but I wonder what will be done about that, if anything at all.
    6. You certainly forgot how it felt to be a new player in BG. For your information, BG:EE is going to be for new players also, not only hardcore BG fans.
    7. Game would be less predictable, so it's good.
    8. Rest in inns being more profitable is good idea, thought I'm not sure how much costs should be affected.
    9. Developer isn't allowed to change original plot content (quests, dialouges, plot etc.), so it is not possible.
    10. Not sure if joke or not.
    @ZelgadisGW

1. It's a old topic (may 31).
    2. Not for the cheat, for the modding.
    3. It's a old topic... ;)
    4. I agree.
    5. Would be nice.. but no news about that.
    6. I agree, but I think the second half of BG1 (not TOSC) is really too easy. Anyway, it's a minor request.
    7. I think the same thing.
    8. Don't know, it would need to be discussed with several players.
    9. The developer make some new quests, so why not...
    10. It's a joke of course.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    @Kerozevok Developers can add brand-new content, but cannot change already existing plot content. I don't quite understand why is that, but that's how the way is.
  • SilenceSilence Member Posts: 437
    1. lol, Disagree! I want a million! Well, I'd settle for 5-10 more hours and added replay value.

2. Not required. Besides, you never have to wait long for an editor to come out. God bless the internet.

3. Not sure if this possible.

4. Strongly disagree; slow walk speeds really made the first game unbearable at times. Archery is supposed to be able to strike opponents from a far distance.

5. Aosaw said it best. Most are powerful or useless. Archer is good, but not invincible. You only get +2 to hit and damage with arrows by the end of BG1. It's the arrows themselves that really make it powerful. Wizard Slayer is kind of bad, yeah.

6. Strongly agree; but I think this is easier to fix with a new difficulty setting rather than remixing all the old encounters in the game. Or maybe a few spiced up random encounters can be added.

7. Not sure I agree with this.

8. Strongly agree.

9. Strongly agree. Bad guys get the shaft, harder quest options but no real benefits.

10. Disagree, save that outfit for Viconia.
    @ZelgadisGW Strange political indeed.

@Silence Thanks for having given your opinion. :)