Skip to content

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Announced! (Release Date: October 30, 2014)

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Announced!

August 30th, 2014

Beamdog and Wizards of The Coast announced at PAX today that pre-orders have begun for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition ahead of its upcoming release.

Originally released in 2000, Icewind Dale is hailed as a classic Dungeons & Dragons adventure based in Wizards of The Coast's legendary Forgotten Realms campaign setting. The Enhanced Edition will allow new and experienced gamers alike to enjoy this epic adventure as never before. Available on PC, Mac, iPad, and Android tablets and phones, the game will retail for $19.99 on desktop and is available for pre-order now.

Icewind Dale has been enhanced with new kits and character classes, dozens of new items and spells, and restored quest material cut from the original game. The redesigned user interface features Zoom capabilities and a Quickloot Bar, among numerous other improvements. Up to six players can simultaneously enjoy Icewind Dale with the new cross-platform multiplayer mode.

Read all about the game (and pre-order your copy today!) at IcewindDale.com.
Post edited by Dee on

Comments

• SedSed Member Posts: 790
    Signed up for the beta - hope it goes as fast as the BG:EE and BG2:EE beta sign up! :)
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    edited August 2014
    And I have just pre-ordered! Yay!
  • PreyerPreyer Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2014
    Answers! New kits and character classes - taken directly from BG2:EE? What kind of stuff does the cut quest material include?

EDIT: Found the FAQ section. :P
  • RamzaRamza Member Posts: 112
    Pre-ordered and signed up for beta. This is everything I've ever dreamed come true.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    When does IWD get a plug in the title of the forum? :p
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    I pre-ordered and signed up for the beta too.
  • RannRann Member Posts: 168
    Wow, this was a surprise! Pre-ordered -- can't wait! (Though I was never a fan of TotLM, I definitely loved HoW, and am glad it's included.)
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @CamDawg it never easy to keep secrets that will bring happiness to people the people that are around you :)

Thank you for bringing us this lovely game and BG of course.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Great, and I haven't even gotten around to playing the version I got from GOG yet. Very good to hear though, I'll be anxiously awaiting news of it's release. Just don't let it distract you from a BG2 patch though.
  • DanathionDanathion Member Posts: 173
    @Dee thank you very much, I was just admiring it! ;)
    Dee said:

@Danathion‌ gets a special badge for being the very first person to pre-order the game. Congratulations and thank you!

I want some nicey special badge too :(
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    @Dee DANG IT!! I WANTED TO COLLECT ALL THE BADGES

jk jk. That's awesome!!
    ajwz said:

I'm already over the IWDEE announcement. When is PST:EE plz?

lol A bit of patience, beside now that IDW:EE out they will have to make IWD2:EE as well :P
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @Dee I have to wonder, did you guys rework the way weapon proficiencies work in the game? Was it expanded to the BG2 separate weapon proficiency lines and/or weapon styles? Was two-weapon fighting implemented? (Plasesayyes, pleasesayyes, pleasesayyes...)
  • Dereck3o3Dereck3o3 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 166
    edited August 2014
    My dream became a reality.. I can die in peace now (after playing IWDEE of course ^^)
    edited August 2014
    elminster said:

kaguana said:

@Dee will the spells of the druid from IWD expand to BG ?

This is an excellent feature request and one that I would totally support.
    Druid is my most favorite class I'll love to see it happening.

@Dee do I need to post it in the feature request for bg section :P
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Well! I'm excited to say the least! Icewind Dale has easily became my favorite IE game now for some reason. I mean, I love Baldur's Gate, and all, but...Icewind Dale took a spot in my heart forever.

Now...When is IWD2:EE coming? :P
  • AlkaluropsAlkalurops Member Posts: 269
    edited August 2014
    Seeing how Icewind Dale wasn't developed by Bioware, can we expect to see HD art? Or is basically all original art lost?
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    I'm going to be sad if the mages have IWD spellbooks... you wanted to get a mage to 9th lvl magic and he's locked from Conjuration (because in HoW adds Invokers)? Too bad, you have two crappy power word spells. Go multi-class like a smart person!

On the other hand, if it IS BG spell tables, I will miss stacking mage and cleric Prot From Evil for both effects, and Righteous Wrath of the Faithful will be mourned as well.