Skip to content

[Not an Issue] Candlekeep Tutorial (Jondalar & Erik, Journal)

SergeTroySergeTroy Member Posts: 86
edited August 2015 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
So, I've really just been messing around with the Black Pits in 1 and 2 and haven't done much as far as goes the actual storyline. Started up an Elven Sorcerer, stats of pregenerated character modified by EEKeeper (not horrifically, just to Str12, Dex19, Con16, Int17, Wis15, Cha17) and I do have the cheats enabled via Debug Mode, nothing currently put to use, hotkeys or otherwise.

Going around the CandleKeep grounds, ran into the brief combat tutor who fights you with a staff while the archer, erik, tries to pepper you from range. Used to be in vanilla I'd swing once at staff man and than engage the archer and it would be him that gave me the congrats dialogue. In this case it was Jondalar, erik didn't say a thing and tried to walk away but my character was still in midst of tossing darts at him. Rather than just take it as he did in the non-enhanced game, he went red and started attacking me with arrows that did no damage. A watcher joined in, killed him after a minute or two and I got a bow. Seems like a bug.

Also, and I'm not sure on this one, but I might be having trouble with journal entries, for example, Phylidia's Book didn't originally populate, had to click twice on quest, and on first try it was not willing to accept the expand click. Reloaded from my archive save in front of the Inn and did it again, this time, no issues beyond the double click to get the quest to show.

Game is being played via Steam.

Have not really done any checking to see if this is known or not as with an enhanced title I would have expected the tutorial and beginning sections to be as clean of bugs as any trailer. Edit: I would also like to void any negative slappage with tje comment that I will be continuing with my game and a libraries worth of saves. Running a sorc is just one of my interests, not including an evil Dwarven Defender, a Blackguard, Dark Moon Monk, and a Sun Soul guy. If theres' more info I need to provide, screenshots, intternal logs, whatever, just let me know. Very new to the forums here and my usual adhd definitely mucks up a thorough read of the nitty gritty for bug reports, etc.

@elminster 's edit: I can't repo this one (I tried with a blackguard with poison weapon active). Given how long its been since it was posted I'm going to call this "Not an Issue." The only relevant bug report I can find that relates to it is #6147 and it was fixed in version 1.3.
Post edited by elminster on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    @SergeTroy‌ are you able to reproduce this repeatedly - I've tried a few times and not been able to make either of them remain hostile regardless of hitting them after the dialogue.
    Thanks
  • SergeTroySergeTroy Member Posts: 86
    NP, will see what I can do there.
This discussion has been closed.