Skip to content

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited October 2022 in Off-Topic
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    I restart because I get bored. It's not the game's fault at all, it's just that I've been playing the game for so many years that there isn't much left for me to see in it.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I.seldom start over on a game I haven't played before. Now games that I played, I tend to get bored near the end and say, let's start over with a new character
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Reasons for me:

- the character seems to become too OP: he annihilates everything without any problem at all
    - the character has been killed (generally I play a no-reload run and even if I don't go that route in one particular run, after the character death it would become a no-go for me eventually- I would just think too much about his death and its consequences, the further run would feel unnatural to me)
    - a new idea of a character has come into my mind: it can be because of this forum or because of my own thinking
    - I've found a new portrait that inspires me to create a character and try him
    - I still haven't tried everything in the game and want to taste how it feels to play as a certain class/kit/alignment
    - I've played another game so after I come back to BG I want to try a character reflecting someone in this other game

I have to say, that for the first time of playing BG, I've found 2 solutions for my restartisis:

1. I want to beat BG with a Totemic druid because I was Inspired by this tread and by @bbear 's question

2. Playing with my wife in a multiplayer is a unique experience and we will go till the very end.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    ^^ +1
    These are exactly my considerations, thanks @bengoshi for saving me the time to write them down... ;)
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    I sometimes get distracted partway through a run and by the time I get back to it I no longer have a feel for the character and have to start again even if it's the same class.
    and back when I played the original game i just very rarely got past lamahla and her cronies (i was young and D&D is complicated)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    I often restart or go back a long way as I realise I have made a serious mistake in an upgrade, doing an area too soon, buying the wrong weapon etc. I only do this when it's just a couple of hours involved.

My second reason - I'm playing a mod that is new to me and I realise I've got totaly the wrong party to get the most out of the mod.

Thirdly - and sadly this is the most common. I play a fair way through the game, and then I have a couple of weeks of not being very well (nausea, poor eyesight, pain, lousy concentration etc) and I can't play. Then I lose the emotional investement I have in that team, and I forget how to use the particular combination of skills, abilites, spells and equipment I've built up.