Skip to content

Eve of War [Abandoned]

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Bran muffins. :)
  • ZansoZanso Member Posts: 136
    You should try Turnip bran muffins. Aunt Bertha said that they can double your age ;) just make sure you keep them and the recipe far away from Aunt Bimmy :p
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited April 2016
    Zanso said:

You should try Turnip bran muffins. Aunt Bertha said that they can double your age ;) just make sure you keep them and the recipe far away from Aunt Bimmy :p

Turnip Bran Muffins available at The Sharper Image
    Post edited by smeagolheart on
    edited April 2016
    I've never heard of the sharper image (having googled it I doubt it has much in the way of store partners in Canada)
  • nomadmercnomadmerc Member Posts: 48
    Voting for Trump myself. I want this mod so much on a more relevant note.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited April 2016
    Hello!
    If I may, I have a request.
    Can you please add the .tra files with the first release of this mod? It sounds promising and there is the chance that I will translate it in Italian.
    Thanks for your attention and keep up the good work :)
    Post edited by Aedan on
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    As you wish.
  • kotekokoteko Member Posts: 179
    edited April 2016
    Somehow I just noticed this.. WOW :D I can't really play BG1 anymore, I get bored so fast.. but such a mod would warrant a full playthrough.

Any ETA? From the description it sounds like you're almost done but I know this things are hard to carry forward - should I get my hopes down and check back in a few months? (the alternative is to compulsively check this topic for weeks.. hence why I'm asking :P)
    No ETA at the moment.
    Basically these last few days (when I have been working on it) have been spent getting the mod ready for release (and specifically the TRA aspect of it). I didn't really know what scale the mod would have when I started it. So the result of that was that I didn't really think about planning TRA numbering ahead of time at all. Its gotten to the point where (in order to be sure I wasn't re-useing existing numbers) in some cases I ended up using numbers like @999999 when clearly there aren't 999999 string references added by the mod. I'm since planned it all out better (though there is a small possibility of some references getting incorrectly used).
    elminster said:

Basically these last few days (when I have been working on it) have been spent getting the mod ready for release (and specifically the TRA aspect of it). I didn't really know what scale the mod would have when I started it. So the result of that was that I didn't really think about planning TRA numbering ahead of time at all. Its gotten to the point where (in order to be sure I wasn't re-useing existing numbers) in some cases I ended up using numbers like @999999 when clearly there aren't 999999 string references added by the mod. I'm since planned it all out better (though there is a small possibility of some references getting incorrectly used).

Isn't the traification an automated process, with weidu? Technically you could have inlined all strings within the .d (and other) files, then traified, unless I'm missing something.
  • nomadmercnomadmerc Member Posts: 48
    sure hope it is the easier format that Koteo references as I want to do another full playthrough and this mod is the starting flagpost.
    edited May 2016
    koteko said:

elminster said:

Isn't the traification an automated process, with weidu? Technically you could have inlined all strings within the .d (and other) files, then traified, unless I'm missing something.
    Nearest I can tell its semi-automated. I've yet to find a reliable fully automated way to take 120 different dialog files (along with script files and any other sources that have strings that need to be converted) and convert them in a way that is usable.

For instance I used this

http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/951-traify-tool/

and the result of that was that a ton of different tra files were created. All of which started with @0 (and it changed all of my dialog files and actually deleted some as well that it didn't like).

The only other alternative that I'm aware of involves me plugging in individual file names into weidu

like so

"weidu --traify fwki.d --traify# 1000 --out fwki-1000.d" (to use the stock example)

Which is fine but its semi-automated (I have to actually type in the file names).

Figured it out. I'm dumb :)
    Post edited by elminster on
    edited April 2016
    You can use a script to do that (are you on windows or linux?). Although the fact that you need to start at a specific script line might make things more complicated.

I would personally do something like:

create the first tra file (--traify# 0 or without argument) for every file apart from the first: get number of lines of the just-created tra file use the above number as argument to --traify# for the new file

This should do what you need. Although I personally thought that the string indices could all start from 0, across different tra files. I will need to experiment with it a bit..
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I probably don't understand what you are trying to do but can't you do something like this:

loop while not at the end of your list
    COMPILE EVALUATE_BUFFER ~%MOD_FOLDER%/dialogue/%variablefromalist%.d~
    USING ~%MOD_FOLDER%/translations/english/%variablefromalist%.TRA~
    edited May 2016
    Yea to clarify something the thread on SHS is super old. Consider the beamdog thread to be the main thread for the mod (especially given that this one is a lot more up to date).
    Post edited by elminster on
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    This mod looks like truly epic undertaking and I especially love idea of removing plot restrictions. Chapeu bas, @elminster.
    Definitely looking forward to it.

Btw, it would be cool if Eltan would send players to get Balduran's Logbook, not just give us some Netheril tome.
    Thanks for the support :)
  • Red_CarnelianRed_Carnelian Member Posts: 84
    Well done getting this far. Looks like its going to be a very interesting adventure :)
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    How are things looking elminster; done soonish or not for some time?
  • AWizardDidItAWizardDidIt Member Posts: 197
    Good things come with time :)