Skip to content

Eve of War [Abandoned]

Comments

• lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    I know its OT El, but are you working on Beamdogs next release ?
    Just wondering how you still got time for this mod :)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    lordkim said:

I know its OT El, but are you working on Beamdogs next release ?
    Just wondering how you still got time for this mod :)

I haven't really worked on the mod since I posted the Shar-Teel NPC mod. Its not exactly taking up a lot of my time at this point.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    :P Didnt answered my real question but thats ok. Looking forward to this mod. :)
    edited April 2017
    lordkim said:

:P Didnt answered my real question but thats ok. Looking forward to this mod. :)

To answer your question then (now that the game has been announced) yes I've been working on PSTEE.

Anyways, as far as this mod is concerned I managed to spend a few hours today working on it but otherwise its been shelved until the end of April due to school/work.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @elminster

School and work over BG? Now that is just plain sacrilege sir. :)

• batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    I'll be keeping an eye on this. Your outline of it all has me intrigued, especially the bits that carry over into SoD.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    I'm just waiting for this release to reinstall BGEE.
  • Alesh91Alesh91 Member Posts: 26
    Are you planning to make this mod SCS compatible (ideally in a way that takes advantage of the AI improvements, if possible)?
    edited July 2017
    There is one small optional component that takes a different approach to the bandit camp then SCS, and another that does the same for the final battle. Other than those two everything should be compatible with SCS. I don't know enough about how SCS works though to say if anything will benefit from its ai improvements. But I suspect that any character using generic scripts will.
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    I very much like the concept of giving the NPC's with history and stats outside the game (of which there are many) their accurate stats and equipment as well as the many adjustments that make the story events feel more impactful on the game world.

This is probably the most anticipated mod in a long time and it's easy to see why.
    Most certainly it is. I've flagged this thread to notify me of any posts and almost died when I saw that it was an @elminster 's one.

Too bad it was not the release or the ETA lol.
    edited August 2017
    Hi @elminster . Lovely day, no? Being busy?

So... can you feed us with something?

Any news, a weather report, a football scout.

Just don't go into the light, please.
    Not really.
    Damn, son, you're quick.
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited August 2017
    Got me thinking just reading over this part:

Candlekeep: On top of the usual method a player character can now also leave Candlekeep after either attacking Gorion or after turning Candlekeep hostile. Removing Gorion's instant death restriction in the process (though Tethoril retains his own)

Doesn't this particular bit deviate from the continuity a bit too much? I mean the original scene with Gorion and Sarevok is a very big moment. Even if Gorion wasn't referenced that much later on, but there are a few of moments SoA.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Hmmm,I like it. I would really like to see this one day. B)
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @elminster how much portion of the mod is still left to be done? I must admit it's basically the only mode that I'm still waiting for to make The One complete EET run :) Not asking for ETA, just wanted to know how many things are still unfinished.
    My body is ready.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @elminster
    Well, I would say that you did a great job indeed! Keep up the good work!
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    @elminster This mode done, translated to polish, compatibile with EET and added to BWS is like dream come true. Can't wait it!. Hope it will happen in next year.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Please, if you can, add a way to join karoug.
    edited October 2017
    Everything on the list is what I'm working towards doing. If it's not on the list at this point I'm not doing it. Gotta slay that project creeping :)

Having said that the best way to get something specific from a mod is to start one yourself.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Out of curiosity, would you be interested in releasing what is finished so far as a beta?