Skip to content

BG1NPC Bug Report and Discussion Thread

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    ok just making sure this was supposed to happen. put mod into bgee steam folder. started it. made a sod-dlc registration file.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    @megamike15: You're following Argent77's instructions? Use the following tool instead. It automates the process:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50441/modmerge-merge-your-steam-gog-zip-based-dlc-into-something-weidu-nearinfinity-dltcep-can-use/p1

thats what i used
  • bluntfeatherbluntfeather Member Posts: 61
    Just wanted to say thank you for working on this and I look forward to using it in my very first playthrough soon!
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

ok just making sure this was supposed to happen. put mod into bgee steam folder. started it. made a sod-dlc registration file.

I'm not sure what you mean by "started it" - started the mod installation program or started BGEE? You don't just put the zip file in the steam folder and run BGEE. The mod does not automatically install. You need to run an installation program.

Extract the contents of the archive and copy the contents to your game folder (the folder that contains the CHITIN.KEY file). If properly extracted, you should have the "bg1npc" folder and setup-bg1npc.exe in your game folder. To install, simply double-click setup-bg1npc.exe and follow the instructions on screen.
    yeah i meant install. seems it did work because mini encounters works now.
  • NightRevanNightRevan Member Posts: 81
    edited April 2016

@JamesSJ - BG1NPC should work ok (there is a bug with Coran's wyvern quest) with BGEEv2 without SoD. But, until there is a workaround for this DLC zip file stuff, it won't work on SoD.

Do you know if this issue occurs with GoG as well, I seem to have had the same issues reported above and was thinking of doing a clear installation of BG1:EE with 2.0 but without SoD and hopefully that will solve the issue ans then just load the endgame save up in the game I have with SoD (from which I have uninstalled npc project and bg2tweaks which seemed to have caused issues) when I want to take the character into the expansion.
    Yep. GOG has the same issue as Steam with SoD.
    Thank you, I followed through with a seperate non-SoD BG 1install my old labtop and npc project works fine on it. Thanks again for the response.
    @NightRevan: You can use the NPC Project on SoD as well, as long as you run the modmerge tool:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50441/modmerge-merge-your-steam-gog-zip-based-dlc-into-something-weidu-nearinfinity-dltcep-can-use/p1

Just keep in mind that since you're on GoG, you have to create a "dlc" folder, and move sod-dlc.zip into the dlc folder, before running the tool.
  • NightRevanNightRevan Member Posts: 81
    Thels said:

@NightRevan: You can use the NPC Project on SoD as well, as long as you run the modmerge tool:

Just keep in mind that since you're on GoG, you have to create a "dlc" folder, and move sod-dlc.zip into the dlc folder, before running the tool.

Thanks, that sounds great I'll give it a go, cheers :smile:
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320
    So tried installing this on my steam version BGEE with SoD. I ran the modmerge utility first and then ran the install utility for the NPC project. Everything seemed to be working fine until I got to Gorion's corpse when Imoen started a dialogue. However her text and all my responses said "invalid" followed by a string of numbers. any idea what happened here?
    That actually worked totally fine for me on Steam BGEE+SoD.

Did you have a clean install before running the tool?
    illathid said:

So tried installing this on my steam version BGEE with SoD. I ran the modmerge utility first and then ran the install utility for the NPC project. Everything seemed to be working fine until I got to Gorion's corpse when Imoen started a dialogue. However her text and all my responses said "invalid" followed by a string of numbers. any idea what happened here?

Can you attach your SETUP-BG1NPC.DEBUG?
    Thels said:

That actually worked totally fine for me on Steam BGEE+SoD.

Did you have a clean install before running the tool?

Well I installed the grandmastery for multi class bit from big 2 tweaks, but otherwise it was completely clean.

installing another mod before installing the tool could cause issues, I guess? Safest is to have a fresh install, then install the tool, then install your mods.
    Thels said:

installing another mod before installing the tool could cause issues, I guess? Safest is to have a fresh install, then install the tool, then install your mods.

Both mods were installed after using the tool though.

edited April 2016
    @illathid: Then I honestly don't know. I do know it's recommended to install the Tweaks last, but that shouldn't cause string issues if you do it the other way around.

If you attach the debug file like AstroBryGuy asked you above, he can take a look at it, or you could try a fresh reinstall, and hope things work better.
    Actually I think figured it out and I'm super embarrassed now. When installing the mod I hit 0, 0, for the languages assuming that since English was 0 for the first set it would continue to be 0 for the second. Tried again and used 0, 2, for the language options and everything is working fine now. Sorry about that. :s
  • Zaarin_2003Zaarin_2003 Member Posts: 33
    Hi guys,

I read mixed messages above, so am wondering; is there a general consensus as to whether the NPC Project works with the Steam version of BGEE v2.0 with SOD installed? If not, does it work without SOD installed? If so, how would you uninstall it if you have already purchased it?

The reason I ask is that it doesn't appear to work for me (I'm hoping that doesn't answer my question). I purchased SOD and then downloaded BGEE from Steam, which automatically installed SOD. I started a new BGEE game and, when meeting Imoen after Gorian's death, I initiated a conversation with her. Her dialogue was clearly something from the SOD expansion! Something about being the hero of Baldur's Gate. I don't even think it was Imoen dialogue as whoever it was talking didn't know me and wanted to go back to baking bread...!

Thanks a lot

Matt
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    If you're using Steam, you'll want to use modmerge to integrate SoD into the BG files. Otherwise, it's been confirmed to work with 2.0
    @Zaarin_2003 - As @shawne said, use modmerge before installing any mods (see link below)

There is an issue with BG1NPC v22.2 and Coran's Wyvern Quest, so use the hotfix verison (I'll try to wrap up v22.3 in the next couple days, gotta take the kid to a birthday party today):

https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/BG1NPC/archive/master.zip
    Great thanks. I figured out how to uninstall SOD - just untick the little box in Steam under DLC. So, if I do that, there should be no issues and I can install SOD after completing the game?

Great thanks. I figured out how to uninstall SOD - just untick the little box in Steam under DLC. So, if I do that, there should be no issues and I can install SOD after completing the game?

Yeah, although if you leave SoD installed and use mod merge it will seemless transition to SoD when you kill Sarevok.
    I noted that there is to be a new version 22.3 to fix the Wyvern issue. Will we be able to upgrade current games running on version 22.2 or will you need to start a new game? Thanks to the genius behind this mod by the way! It is essential.

I noted that there is to be a new version 22.3 to fix the Wyvern issue. Will we be able to upgrade current games running on version 22.2 or will you need to start a new game? Thanks to the genius behind this mod by the way! It is essential.

It depends. The way the saved game structure works for IE games, copies of all areas visiting and all NPCs in those areas are attached to the saved game. So, if you update a mod in the middle of a playthrough, changes made to areas already visited won't be included in your saved games.
    Ah - so in other words, don't pick up Coran yet!
    As long as you haven't entered either the area for Coran or the area for the Wyverns, you should be ok. Once you've entered either area, you could be in troubles. But if you use the above "master.zip" link, then the wyverns are already fixed, so you may as well use that!
  • CirosanCirosan Member Posts: 25
    I've already started a game with 22.2, though I haven't entered either the area with the wyverns or Coran yet. Should I uninstall and reinstall with the hotfix version, or would that break the game? Since I haven't entered the affected areas yet, is there a way to fix an existing save game with 22.2 already installed?
  • Camus34Camus34 Member Posts: 210
    edited April 2016
    n/m
  • mrdeluxemrdeluxe Member Posts: 98
    edited April 2016
    Sorry if this has been answered, but how do you install on the Mac GOG version (without SoD)?

Update: I tried follow the instructions here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/31155/the-hitchhiker-s-guide-to-installing-mods-on-osx/p1 but I still get the following error:

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Not a game directory")

Anyone can help? @AstroBryGuy?

EDIT: I think I was able to make it work… I think I was using the wrong setup.command. Will try it and see if it works
    Post edited by mrdeluxe on
    Hmmm. I had a bit of an issue. Its the Steam version of BGEE without SOD installed. I'm using version 22.2.

I've only just started the game, but entering Feldepost's Inn and encountering Marl, Montaron pipes up with one comment. "Invalid 44038." If I talk to Marl again, my options are fine, but Montaron pipes up again with "Invalid 44989". My three options are "Invalid 44990" "Invalid 44991" and "Invalid 44992".

Its the only issue I've seen so far. Its not a big deal, but is this a bug or indicative of the installation not occurring correctly or something? Maybe a problem introduced by the new BGEE patch released on 14 April?

Thanks
    Matt