Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    sipaka said:

Full log

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1001 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~TXTMUSIC/TXTMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #1 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~SETUP-BGTMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #2 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #23 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #25 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #27 // ?????? -> : ???

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // ?????? -> : ???

~1PP.TP2~ #0 #2 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~1PP.TP2~ #0 #3 // ?????? -> : ???
    ~1PP.TP2~ #0 #4 // ?????? -> : ???

Not gonna lie, those mods there absolutely terrifies me for some reason. Might want to check if they installed correctly. :tongue:
    Best of luck!
    Away from my computer with screenshots, but Barl's currently in the Underdark alive and... kinda/sorta well, with 4 men from 6 still alive. I'll give details later.
    sipakaCrevsDaaklolienJuliusBorisov
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    @sipaka I notice that you have the BG2 subrace mod installed. Do you know if it is EE compatible and where the most up to date version can be found. The most up to date version that I have was last modified in 2004.
    sipakaCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • sipakasipaka Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2017
    @Wise_Grimwald
    Subrace is one of the buggy ones, and its really out of date. Component with changing Imoen buggs twice at start(Imoen looks tiefling in Candlekeep, but arrives to party as default Imoen with tiefling stats and race, then - i testet bg2 - she just didnt arrived to open case and start 1st dialog) - i am a real adventurer and a bit gamedesigner/tester, so i hope i can solve it with game tools. Unfortunately, im not a programmer :(

@Neverused
    I installed them about 30-40 times for stable launch, a week work. Working stable, but there are many minor bugs, its my first mod compilation.
    Post edited by sipaka on
    CrevsDaaklolienWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Neverused said:

We made the flail, noting it's much weaker than the vanilla version.

What was weaker about it (assuming you did upgrade it fully using all 3 heads)?
    Grond0 said:

Neverused said:

We made the flail, noting it's much weaker than the vanilla version.

What was weaker about it (assuming you did upgrade it fully using all 3 heads)?
    Ah, right: instead of a 100% chance of 1 acid, 1 ice, and 1 fire damage on-hit, it's now lowered to I think a 20% chance per head that it'll activate. So 20% chance of 1d4 acid damage, 20% chance of 1d4 ice, 20% of 1d4 fire. Each head also had some effect tied to it: ice was slow, I think acid might've been reduction of AC to THAC0, and fire was... something. It's still good, just not the sure mage-interrupter it is in Vanilla.
    Wise_GrimwaldCrevsDaak
    edited April 2017
    sipaka said:@Wise_Grimwald
    Subrace is one of the buggy ones, and it's really out of date. Component with changing Imoen bugs twice at start (Imoen looks tiefling in Candlekeep, but arrives to party as default Imoen with tiefling stats and race, then - i testet bg2 - she just didnt arrived to open case and start 1st dialog) - i am a real adventurer and a bit gamedesigner/tester, so I hope that I can solve it with game tools. Unfortunately, I'm not a programmer :(

I noticed when I was playing Tutu that there were a number of bugs. Teifling for instance had increased Charisma instead of decreased. There was a dwarven race that was supposed to have +1 in axe proficiency but instead of +1 you got 1 in that proficiency even if you had put 4 there.

I mentioned these bugs on the boards so hopefully they will one day be rectified if they haven't been already.

Both of these could easily be rectified in GateKeeper in the past, and I suppose can nowadays be rectified with EE Keeper if necessary. I'm sure that your problem with what Imoen looks like will be rectifiable with EE Keeper. I noticed that one too, but didn't bother with it in the past, but now that I am a bit more savvy with the Keepers, I will probably correct things. :) I'm not a programmer either, well not for decades anyway. :D Fortran IV ring any bells?
    CrevsDaaksipaka
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    edited April 2017
    Neverused said:

Ah, right: instead of a 100% chance of 1 acid, 1 ice, and 1 fire damage on-hit, it's now lowered to I think a 20% chance per head that it'll activate. So 20% chance of 1d4 acid damage, 20% chance of 1d4 ice, 20% of 1d4 fire. Each head also had some effect tied to it: ice was slow, I think acid might've been reduction of AC to THAC0, and fire was... something. It's still good, just not the sure mage-interrupter it is in Vanilla.

Thanks - that change is made by the Item Revisions mod and was indeed designed to nerf the FoA a bit (as well as make it slightly more interesting to use).
    Corey_RussellWise_GrimwaldCrevsDaaksipaka
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    @semiticgod The Almighty, Destroyer of Ust Natha, now struggling against basilisks and Mutamin... That's... glorious !! :p

That xp penalty really ramps the difficulty up ! Do you know which mod introduce that change ?
    semiticgoddessCrevsDaakWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Arctodus: I don't know which mod it is. It was just some random component in my BWS install. Try out BWS and you'll see it when you customize your install options.

If you want to reduce your XP, you can tweak it so the penalties aren't so severe. I would not recommend going for the 75% tax--the extra quests from my mods, and the XP they give, do not remotely compensate for it. Even the 50% option is excessive.
    CrevsDaakWise_GrimwaldArctodusJuliusBorisov
    Sooooo I will update, promise, but I could use a bit of advice. Due to taking far too long to clear the Beholder Lair out and not watching the 3-day time limit, Ust Natha is now hostile. Fortunately, I'm outside it, and checking my Weidu, defenses are NOT upgraded so no facing the same stuff semiticgod did. Would storming Ust Natha be completely suicidal, or would I be better off dragon-slaying?
    JuliusBorisov
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Some mod items don't have the proper immunities even when the install order is correct. I've seen at least one mod item in Near Infinity that flat-out gave immunity to the wrong opcode, making the item do absolutely nothing! A lot of mod items don't work properly because the creator didn't know enough about the engine to make them work.

@Aasim: Normally, I'd have SR installed late, but BWS has a particular order for installing mods, and I can't tweak it. To fix this bug, I'd have to install everything manually, which is likely to cause more bugs instead of less. Because whoever set up BWS will know more about mod order than I do.

Any idea why the Medusa was able to get past IR's Potion of Mirrored Eyes? The Medusa's attack and the basilisk's attack both used the GAZE projectile.
    CrevsDaak
    edited April 2017
    @Grond0 Hard Luck. I find it particularly annoying when you give the correct instructions and the game doesn't carry them out. :(

@semiticgod You said: The Medusa's attack and the basilisk's attack both used the GAZE projectile.
    Are you sure about that? I thought that they differed. My recent experience is that you need to keep a certain distance from the medusae even if you have the protection of the potion.
    CrevsDaak