Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    So, it payed off in the end. I wanted to say that basically what you wrote in your post, @BelgarathMTH , in terms of description and attaching a save, is actually what the Redmine system is about, i.e. reports there don't differ much from it. You provided a good description and in several subsequent comments you managed to find a source of the problem.

And it's great! After all, a bug stopping a no-reload run is one of the worst things ever. So I encourage everyone to report bugs they find. It may be especially effective for seasoned no-reload players as they know all ins and outs of the game.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Gate70 , I just noticed in your video that you stopped it the moment Palin chunked - that animation is also used during a transformation to werewolf form. So, after you kill Palin's human form, make sure you wait a second to be sure you're not seeing the beginning of a transformation as opposed to a final chunking.
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    @lolien I enjoyed your journal entries so much! They gave me quite the chuckle.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @toolarg: You might consider trying a minimal reload run instead. You try to minimize your reload count but don't end the run if you die. My current run is minimal reload rather than no reload.
  • toolargtoolarg Member Posts: 179
    Well, it's mainly because of the classes Im using, Im not really used to them. I have a Dwarven Defender char that is in a no-reload run even tho I didn't even try it, he just wont die to anything. Already cleared all the wilderness and the mines, he was never even close to death. But I really feel like playing a caster type and they have it way harder than fighters at the start.
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    @Blackraven does the BG1 NPC project not work with SOD? Because it most definitely works on my 2.1 version without SOD.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Pteran said:

@Blackraven does the BG1 NPC project not work with SOD? Because it most definitely works on my 2.1 version without SOD.

No, I get a lot of weird dialogues and items desription, especially SoD banter (I think) where I shouldn't. Even with just SCS this happens. (See for example the second screenshot in my update on Shade).
    I didn't BG1 NPC Project worked in your SoD-less version 2.1. This is something I'll have to try as well :)
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Awesome @Lurith.
    Glad the party pulled through in the sewers. Hold icons on five out of six character portraits usually means bad news.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Nice updates everyone!
    My minimal reload with my transmuter through bg1ee is almost done. I wanted to noreload but died in a 6 bandit ambush on my first play day. Rather than restarting I pressed on. Actually only three reloads due to traps I keep forgetting about. Now i only have the maze left and the end. Then I will attempt to noreload through sod. I cannot wait, it will be a complete blind run.
  • OtherguyOtherguy Member Posts: 157
    edited May 2016
    First update on Ethos the half-elf FMT.

Escaping prison is very routine by now, no surprises this time, FMT is a solid tank with 18 dex. SCS and duergars doesn't really put up much of a fight unless a mage manages to cast... well anything really.

Yoshi and Minsc get told to wait in the Copper Coronet, Minsc might be crazy, but everyone deserves a chance to relax and grab a few beers.

Happy to be free of prison and torture I happily donate 700, 900 and 1200 gold to Ilmater.

Circus is also very easy, using Jaheira as a bear to loot containers and run us up to the third floor.

Doing both parts of the slaver quest and getting Lilarcor from the sewers was also alright. Mages failed saves vs stinking cloud but still manages to drink potions, a bit weird, but throwing daggers with haste potion takes my APR to 4 and the daggers do 8-11 damage per hit and sometimes Aerie or Jaheira chimes in with a hit for a few points of damage.

Now I have no spells left and Ethos gets a well deserved first rest, after a lot of inventory management, a few scrolls bought and a lot of scrolls learnt. I also manage to earn quite a lot of cash, enough to buy both the license from the cowled wizards and either a strength belt for Jaheira and thus making her useful, a few great spells, or a wand of cloudkill. I usually don't want to use wand of cloudkill and web combo due to how it destroys so many encounters, but I do lack damage output...

Wise from a previous game ender I now always cast invis 10' radius before area transitions.

Throwing daggers really are quite something, have never used them before.

Somewhere else in the city captain Dennis starts having nightmares...
    Post edited by Otherguy on
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Question, @Ygramul , and @everybody . Are we going to post both no-reloads and minimal reloads in this thread now? Because if so, there's not really a point in my posting into a second thread after I lose my no-reload status.
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    It's a matter of preference but imo I would prefer if we use both this thread and @BelgarathMTH 's one.