Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "Soloing all to way to the end..."

Comments

• StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 450
    @Wise_Grimwald
    Merry Christmas to you and all.

Cant remeber which keys goes where. It may be either of these:

1) you need one key:
    Avery may have the key, and can be pickpocketed to get it - otherwise you have to do Nadalins quest and kill some salamanders...

2) you need a rusty dagger and a ring:
    Visit Haebal and open his desk with the key from area AR9700. The desk holds one and Draagis the other - I think you kill him en route doing Nadalins quest

Hope it makes sense, otherwise Jastey may be able to help you.

I am on my fourth undead hunter attempt. Not doing well :# . So I will spare you the reports

ZaghoulBlackravenMantis37Corey_Russell
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 1,945
    Haven't found Haebal. :( Also my game doesn't have area AR9700. :( I've killed Draagis and got his possessions in my bag, I did Nadalin's quest and killed the salamanders and also went to the island.

I'm beginning to think that if no-one cane tell me where to find Haebel that I'll have to use the console and create him :(

The walkthrough says that he should be in Larswood. I haven't been able to find him there. :(

I'm wondering if he got killed with a fireball when I was fighting some goblins and I never found the body, or something similar.

StummvonBordwehr
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,149
    Haebal (I think his name is spelled differenty) should be inside the Tower in Larswood.

StummvonBordwehrCorey_Russell
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 450
    @Wise_Grimwald
    Sorry. AR9700 is an odd number for the area just south of Beregost.

There is a tree (by the Lake??) just by the road - the key is in the tree

BlackravenCorey_Russell
    @StummvonBordwehr I think that you have mistyped odd instead of old. Thanks though.

I must have spoken to Haebal without noticing his name.

He is supposed to be also in Solitary Valley, an area that I haven't come across yet. I think that's later perhaps.

I have a bug in Larswood so that could be part of my problem. In the Osmadi encounter. Every time I killed him the game crashed. I don't know if that is anything to do with my problems as I still don't have the book for entering Candlekeep even after entering that area that was inaccessible before. :(

Completing this mod is certainly not easy. Maybe it gets easier with time.

BlackravenGrond0StummvonBordwehr
    edited December 2018
    I have searched the web and discovered the reasons for the problems that I am having with NSoSC. If you don't do quests in exactly the right order, it messes things up. :( I've had to use CLUA to enabling the finishing of the game. :(
    Just the book to get into Candlekeep.
    I finished off the Grey Clan Episode, an area that is usually quite difficult. However, having done the Drizzt Saga it was straightforward.
    Now back in Candlekeep. :)
    The rest of BG1 should be straightforward.
    EDIT
    Candlekeep was indeed straightforward. What I was not expecting was that Fabio would then transport the party to Restenford!!
    I didn't realise that mod was installed. :p
    I suppose that it is all experience.
    Perhaps Dreadnought will reach level 9 before his return.
    At least I am pretty sure that this mod is bug free. :)
    It's a long time since I did the mod, so I hope that I can remember it well enough.

A quick question though: "Why is Diarmid unkillable upon leaving Candlekeep?
    I attacked him. He fled outside and he had hundreds of HPs worth of wounds but he wouldn't die. :puzzled

Neither of the cre files that I found gave him the usual item that maked a character unkillable.
    What gives?

Dreadnought has found a wand of cloudkill amongst other items in Restemford. That, along with an intelligence boosting tome are by far the most important item so far.

Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    Grond0StummvonBordwehrBlackravenCorey_Russell
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 559
    @Blind_Visionary Yikes! Your runs sounds rough. Incidentally, in vanilla anyways, not sure on EE, but in vanilla, if you get your rep high enough the ambushes in cities stop. Thus, once you get enough gold, go to Beregost Temple and donate. If I remember right, reputation of 6 stops the ambushes. Good luck in your run!

BlackravenBlind_VisionaryWise_Grimwald
  • EnuhalEnuhal Member Posts: 439
    Congratulations @Grond0 ! It's about time we get a dwarven defender into the hall. Seems like the "only playing one hour at a time"-strategy is really working for you!

Grond0BlackravenStummvonBordwehrBlind_Visionary
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 559
    Well done @Grond0! It's nice to see you managed to more or less keep your focus for an entire run!

Grond0Blind_Visionary
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 4,216
    'Long-life challenge' - wild mage {20} (hour 1)

I thought I'd have a go at a wild mage following the same routine of limiting play on that to an hour a day. Making progress safely with the wild mage requires a fair amount of patience, so the time restriction should help ration that.

At the start of the session I produced a familiar (that should be the only spell cast for quite a while) and left Candlekeep to:
    - kite Shoal (level 3).
    - kill Algernon for his cloak and pick up gem and scroll containers.
    - kite an ogre for its belt collection.
    - return a bowl to Tenya (level 4).
    - charm Dushai and move her to a discreet killing ground to get her ring.

That took not much over 20 minutes before I went to see how well some gnolls did in attacking Drizzt (taking my only damage to date from a hobgoblin arrow on the way). I was really only expecting to grab some loot after the gnolls killed Drizzt, as they don't break weapons very often in v2.5. However, in this case one did so fairly early on. It would have seemed rude not to go for the kill after that and I managed the ticklish operation to dispose of all the other gnolls without activating Drizzt. It was then just a question of doing other things until Drizzt was beaten unconscious so I could get his XP (level 5).

There were only 10 minutes left at that point, which saw reputation recover a bit thanks to Ardrouine, Mr Colquetle and Joia. Next time a bit more work will see reputation pushed up to 10 before going to Nashkel to get some healing ability.

Wild mage L5, 31 HPs (incl. 6 from familiar), 39 kills

EnuhalStummvonBordwehrMantis37Corey_Russell
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 4,216
    'Long-life challenge' - wild mage {20} (hour 2)
    Previous updates at:

After shooting down Bjornin's half-ogres, I got a lift to Nashkel with Brage before talking to Oublek to push reputation into double figures and pick up Bhaal CLW. Some more sling work included rescuing Arabelle on the way to Firewine Bridge where Bentan was charmed and killed by kobolds. Poe was also charmed and killed by Meilum before the latter's bracers were made available by sling shots.

I spent a while charming and successfully disposing of the first 3 sirines at Beregost temple, though the final one was lost to a dog critical.
    However, more easy XP was on offer by following Korax round at the basilisk area and a few basilisks soon brought up level 6, with the rest of them also being just enough for level 7.
    Mutamin was another paralysis victim, while Kirian and her companions were mainly disposed of using charm - Baerin was the last to go and somewhat dumbfounded by being faced with an unkillable (at least by physical damage) Shar-Teel.

Travelling away from that area a basilisk attempted an ambush, but fortunately started off in melee mode and I could just run away (it would have been safer to have used an invisibility potion immediately, but where's the fun in that :p). Moving on to the Lighthouse, the first 2 sirines were charmed and drawn away. The second of those managed to feeblemind the familiar just before it died though and waiting for that to wear off consumed the small amount of time left in the session.

Wild mage L7, 43 HPs (incl. 6 from familiar), 85 kills

EnuhalStummvonBordwehrAerakarOlvynChuru
    edited January 7
    Dreadnought is having great difficulty in finishing Secret of Bonehill. The mod has been changed so much that I hardly recognise it. :(
    Also, all the wizards seem to have rings that make web useless. Of course this means that I now have more rings of Eventar than I know what to with.

Grond0StummvonBordwehrCorey_Russell