Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• AasimAasim Member Posts: 591

< Oddly enough, he uses the vanilla Chaos spell instead of its SR replacement, Waves of Fatigue.

This is odd, if you installed SCS after SR it shouldn't happen...if you're using SR-modified SCS version then this trigger should be 3x Confusion.

We escape the Planar Prison and return to the Five Flagons... but Haer'Dalis is not here.

I've witnessed this bug plenty of times in old game as well. Blame it on the chaotic nature of Planes. :)

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Aasim: I did install it the correct way. I think it's just a minor bug, making a single enemy Spell Trigger a little more powerful.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    Did the Planar Sphere and Nalia's quest. I was strongly tempted to keep Valygar around as he's also a former military scout... but for now Nalia is running the sphere (NPC strongholds). Anomen got knocked out once by golems but apart from that the group pulled through. I have the feeling that this tank-light group will be stronger in the late game due to the abundance of available protections but haven't decided if Kivan will be switched for Sarevok yet.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    edited January 2017
    I will be posting the run of Simon de Montfort as far as Dragonspear soon, perhaps tomorrow. My game has still has the level cap of 161,000 and it is my belief that in Dragonspear it should be higher than that. If somebody knows what the cap should be in Dragonspear, could you inform me and I will change it to the correct value.
    EDIT
    I have just read that it should be 500,000 for SoD. Is that correct?
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    @Wise_Grimwald: It is indeed 500,000 for SoD. I personally think it should be higher still, as it's a very oppressive cap for a small party.

@Wise_Grimwald: It is indeed 500,000 for SoD. I personally think it should be higher still, as it's a very oppressive cap for a small party.

At least my party is very well equipped. I spent a fortune before leaving the Gate as I am aware that the gold disappears and powerful arrows and the like don't. :)

The Journal of Simon de Montfort

I have arrived back in the Ducal Palace to find the city in turmoil. Imoen has been badly hurt and all my friends have left but for Thorin and Gavin. I feel a bit out of my depth as everyone is expecting me to solve their problems. Just because I killed Sarevok doesn't make me invincible, but the crowds beg to differ.
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    @semiticgod Do you use the SR specific SCS adaptation ?
    @Arctodus: I do. It's the only way to make sure enemies use SR spells. Aside from that triple Chaos Spell Trigger, they've been using SR spells from Moment of Prescience to Waves of Fatigue.
    Just quickly.... did some shopping and then in a fit of boredom risked the Guarded Compound. First time around things were smooth but the game crashed so I sauntered back in and got into trouble with Kivan stunlocked to death, everyone coated in poison mist, and the party unable to make an area transition back downstairs for some reason (possibly because of Afaaq decorprealising, I'm not sure). So I was forced to use an extracurricular resource in the form of a magic map which relocated the party to a Romantic Encounters area to deal with some kidnappers. This done we returned and put the miscreant slavers to the sword.

Following that I stopped messing about and cleaned out the vampire lair and headed over to Spellhold with little trouble, being as rude as possible to all and declining some subquests along the way. Now wandering through the Spellhold maze and trying to remember the damn place as I've used the Spellhold Gauntlet several times.

Journal of Simon de Montfort

WE have reached the Coast Way Crossing meeting little in the way of opposition.
  • sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280
    @lolien Good to see Pablo making his return!
    Got through Spellhold, but missed many items as I had misremembered where the exit to the testing was. Irenicus was then mown down with little difficulty. We detoured to the Sahaugin City where Whitworth tested out his pickpocketing skills a little as we killed the Prince and fleeced the King. Now in the Underdark, where I intend to exercise some caution and avoid the Illithid lair.
    edited January 2017

Journal of Simon de Montfort

Simon and his allies have reached Troll Claw Woods without any difficulty. :)
    Didn't have enough gold for the stone to flesh scrolls, so went after the vampire first. That gave me enough gold for the scrolls. After that went after a dwarf who had turned himself into a lich - and we survived. I had been given an item with three charges that makes defeating liches a bit easier. I needed two of them.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 998
    Enuhal said...
    I'm guessing there is a safer and more reliable way to do this?

Grond0 in particular has lamented the fact that winning Duchal Palace solo in EE is far, far more difficult, even random at times. E.g., one time he succeeded. He tries again, exact same strategy and fail. In vanilla BG, high damage approach for solo class usually worked, (though sometimes not) - in EE it is more random, might work or might not. I think they raised the level of the dopplegangers which makes sleep a non-option, significantly increasing the risk for solo characters.