Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Flashburn: That's a narrow window, but it makes sense, and if that's how they're scripted, then short-range kiting could completely solve the problem, and make it possible for any class to handle ATweaks in Shadows of Amn.

Still not going to reinstall ATweaks demons or elementals. Doable or not, solo or party, that component is just no fun.
    Wise_GrimwaldCharlestonianTemplar
  • CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
    semiticgod wrote: »
    @Flashburn: That's a narrow window, but it makes sense, and if that's how they're scripted, then short-range kiting could completely solve the problem, and make it possible for any class to handle ATweaks in Shadows of Amn.

Still not going to reinstall ATweaks demons or elementals. Doable or not, solo or party, that component is just no fun.

I haven't used ATweaks in BG2. Is it just ridiculously hard?
    Mantis37 wrote: »
    Of course few DMs would allow some of the tricks no reloaders have used!

Not mine. Mine ran their worlds with an iron fist. :neutral:

I find the comments about ATweaks interesting. To me it's one of the most interesting mods since I wasa late 70s/early 80s D&D player.

Grond0Mantis37CrevsDaak
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    This is quite the run, @Blind_Visionary - your Croll the Cruel is making my evil characters look like absolute saints! Are you going to attempt the same behavior in BG 2? The enforcers there are far more dangerous...
    Blind_VisionaryhistamiiniCrevsDaak
  • Blind_VisionaryBlind_Visionary Member Posts: 203
    edited March 2019
    Are you going to attempt the same behavior in BG 2?

I appreciate your confidence that I'll make it that far... however, it may be misplaced :D. things aren't going so well for Croll at the moment... I just attempted Balduran's Isle. It was my first time playing through that content (usually I'm scared to do TOTSC quests and just move on to Sarevok... which is probably what I should have done this time).
    Grond0Corey_Russell
    Good luck @Blind_Visionary - reminds me of my all paladin run where all my fellow paladins died and lost their equipment too - only my main character kept his equipment (didn't have bag of holding yet). Firkraag is what killed my party. We had terrible equipment for rest of the game.
    Blind_VisionaryCrevsDaak
    I did not know that Gorion's amulet gives armor protection +1 - you know the little 'birthday present' Imoen gives the PC? Just figured that out after playing BG for years. :|
    Mantis37
    I did not know that Gorion's amulet gives armor protection +1 - you know the little 'birthday present' Imoen gives the PC? Just figured that out after playing BG for years. :|

You must be talking about a mod item - not aware of any item like that in vanilla BG or BG EE.
    CharlestonianTemplarAerakarCrevsDaak
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    If you're wondering why Frisky Bits is still dealing with ATweaks demons despite me saying I uninstalled ATweaks after my unkitted fighter died to those demons, it's not because I have two different installs--these fights happened before I began my fighter run (most of my runs have a certain time delay between playing and posting). If I knew better, I would have uninstalled ATweaks for my Shadowdancer run as well.
    Blind_VisionaryCharlestonianTemplar
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    semiticgod wrote: »
    We buy some more high-level mage scrolls with the funds from looting the Guarded Compound and pay a visit to Mazzy Fentan's house, where the Nymph Cloak allows us to get her killed without having to get our hands dirty. The Sword of Arvoreen grants immunity to stun and slow, which should be very useful against ATweaks demons.

We charm Haer'dalis with the Nymph Cloak and send him to die against the Rune Assassins I left over from the skinner quest, but we can't use his short swords in my install; apparently they closed an exploit in which a character with UAI could still use the Chaos Blade to land DEX drain kills.

I thought that they'd made a general change to UAI so that it no longer allowed the use of any personal equipment - I don't use any such items myself though so I don't have direct knowledge of that. I think the reason you can still use Mazzy's sword is that it was never restricted just to her in the original game - halflings in general could use it.
    StummvonBordwehrCharlestonianTemplarAerakar