Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Silas and party destroyed Sarevok at the temple. Even though I am not playing him here anymore, I want to see how he does in SOA/TOB. What's the easiest way to save him (and Imoen) and move them over to BGII? I'm using BGEE and BGEE2. Thanks, CT

Charname is saved automatically, just open BG2EE and Import Save.

As for Imoen, out of luck. Unless it is an EET game she will be replaced by BG2-Imoen. You may edit her using EEKeeper, though. Just take note of her XP, spells, thieving skills and go for it.
    Wise_GrimwaldCharlestonianTemplarStummvonBordwehrCrevsDaak
  • CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
    Raduziel wrote: »
    Silas and party destroyed Sarevok at the temple. Even though I am not playing him here anymore, I want to see how he does in SOA/TOB. What's the easiest way to save him (and Imoen) and move them over to BGII? I'm using BGEE and BGEE2. Thanks, CT

Charname is saved automatically, just open BG2EE and Import Save.

As for Imoen, out of luck. Unless it is an EET game she will be replaced by BG2-Imoen. You may edit her using EEKeeper, though. Just take note of her XP, spells, thieving skills and go for it.

Thanks, I can do that and make her exactly like she is now with EEKeeper. Since both Khalid and Jaheira died in my run, it will only be the two of them in Irenicus' dungeon.

Btw, getting ready to make a run with a Holy Justice of Tyr Cleric using your kit.
    EnialusMeliamneRaduzielStummvonBordwehrWise_Grimwald
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    semiticgod wrote: »
    With the badge from the Cyclops, we could talk our way into the Dragonspear Castle courtyard and convince Corinth's buddies that he was a traitor, earning us Corinth's Bow when they executed him on the spot. Back at the Underground River, we charmed Ferrusk and fed him to the myconids, just as planned, and charmed Strunk to use his spells to weaken the ettin ghost before letting the ghost stomp him to death. Killing Strunk is important since it removes some Water Elementals from the siege of Dragonspear Castle later on.

It is possible to talk yourself into Dragonspear without the badge (I don't know if there are stat requirements on that though). That lets you get a badge without fighting - meaning you then don't need to do the potentially difficult fight with the cyclops B).
    StummvonBordwehrWise_Grimwald
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Looking at the officer's dialog file, BDDSSEN.dlg, it seems you need 16 or 17 Charisma to talk past them. If you choose the right dialog option, that's all you need, but some arguments also require 17 or 18 Strength or 17 or 18 Constitution. Bards can do it with any Charisma value.
    8wvtwvl85xui.jpg
    The bard option is highlighted in blue. Response 41 appears to require the least Charisma.
    StummvonBordwehrGrond0AerakarCrevsDaak
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    edited April 2019
    @Neverused: It's not actually possible to buff for that Ogre Mage ambush at Candlekeep; your buffs are removed due to the travel time, and I think there's a brief period during which you can lose your buffs against after you arrive, but before the Ogre Magi speak with you. A Potion of Magic Blocking or Potion of Invisibility, drunk right after the Ogre Magi talk to you, can prevent both Dire Charm and Chromatic Orb nonsense, though it's difficult to protect the whole party.
    AerakarWise_GrimwaldNeverused
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    Is there a known bug with 2.5 version of Sphere of Chaos? The spell sometimes reduces HP to 1, makes max HP 17, even if it was over 100 before. Is that a known abilitly of this spell?
    I had ioun stone with HP bonus, no MR. Well, ended my run in any case. tnx for explaining.
    Wise_GrimwaldMantis37Blind_VisionaryCrevsDaak
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    Hard luck. Take a break for awhile and give those hands a rest, the only form of self-medication I've employed for gaming is coffee!
    AerakarWise_GrimwaldCharlestonianTemplar
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    @semiticgod A sad ending indeed.
  • jessejmcjessejmc Member Posts: 141
    @semiticgod: Condolences on your run. This last one looked like pretty smooth sailing. Are you going to attempt it again or move on to something else?
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Besides, I think it might shock some people at RPGCodex and other fora that the best powergaming work on the Infinity Engine was done not by a gang of hypercompetitive snobs and elitists, but by a warm, welcoming, generous group of friends. People are nice here, and I think it would be cool if folks knew that we were also kicking ass.

I suspect you might just end up causing more grief for yourself ;). If you start playing the competitive game elsewhere I think it's more likely others will just point out all the 'flaws' in your attempt and ways you've made the challenge easier rather than being impressed.
    Wise_Grimwaldsemiticgoddess[Deleted User]
    edited April 2019
    No-reload runs are supposed to make the game more fun and dramatic; not more tense and frustrating.

Always feels bad when you're close. :/
    If I may suggest you something in between No-Reloads, it's definitely

Not only is it brilliant (I don't like much games, but Sekiro is really impressive); but the sheer ammount of deaths you will experience is this game (it's beyond difficult) makes it the very opposite of No-Reloading. You do have infinite respawns, so not all is bad. :) There are people who made through THAT w/o reloading, which borders insanity, given how little the game has been available.
    The monsters/bosses in this video are actually easy, compared to what you meet later.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    We're not all ninjas. Both my trilogy no-reloads took about 6 months :smile:. The realtime with pause gameplay of BG + roleplay elements seems less likely to trigger a 'flow state' of heightened attention for me, as compared to turnbased formats like boardgames & roguelikes where I find it quite pleasurable to be 98% blur of action, 2% "mmmm, better make a cup of tea and think this situation over".
    Grond0CharlestonianTemplarBlind_VisionaryCrevsDaak