Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    edited July 2019
    as in one of each the kits + a Fighter-Druid?
    anyway, yes Druid plays different... good luck
    Post edited by ussnorway on
    CharlestonianTemplar
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    Plan for party:
    2 fighter/druids
    1 shapeshifter
    1 totemic druid

Other two spots:
    NPC druid - Jaheira is our 1st choice for both BG 1 and BG 2.
    NPC thief - probably Imoen for BG 1, and Yoshimo and Imoen in BG 2.
    CharlestonianTemplar
    edited July 2019
    @Corey_Russell With Faith and Powers installed, you could have a druid/thief.

Journal of Deathslayer, Knight of the Eternal Order.

A combination of "Writhing Fog" and "Web" seems to be sufficient to disable most parties.

It disabled the Amazons outside the Nashkel Mines and it disabled Narcillicus Harwilliger Neen. :)

xgmw8ykjos2a.jpg

nez44gnylmkp.jpg

xmqk9w49d3iq.jpg

rhphiwpveenn.jpg

Web by itself was sufficient for Nimbul. The Writhing Fog would have tuned the town hostile.

4ssvdd7x512l.jpg

We used the fog against the assassins north of beregost though.

18n4p0thf6lr.jpg

We then reverted to brute force and ignorance in the ankheg nest. :)

3pubr2ke24lm.jpg

WE then headed for the bandit camp and on one occasion we were ambushed from three sides at once. However, we still prevailed.

agazdscqmwe3.jpg

ur2bwoojbc8g.jpg

m4ova88hfkwi.jpg

We were going to let Tranzig live, but he died before he was able to leave the inn.

22yn4u8rgiif.jpg

Through thorough planning beforehand we were able to clear the enemies in the bandit camp. We cast web and
    writhing fog and they hadn't got the gumption to wait until the spell had expired before attacking. They were therefore disabled and fairly easy to deal with.

The same tactic was used against Davenport and his allies.

3ieo6drp8am0.jpg

We then took on the Section HQ in Beregost. Due to lack of preparedness both Trixter and Dynaheir were killed.

However Jiwan and I survived. :)

Then as the party were picking up the loot the game crashed.

My previous save was before the battle when Jiwan and Dynaheir were killed.

What is the ethical way to deal with the situation? If I replay it the same way I could well survive without any deaths, or the entire party could be wiped out.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    ussnorwayEnuhalCrevsDaak
    edited July 2019
    OK that makes things easier. The fact that I survived the battle and was in a position to raise those who died makes it easier to accept. However I wouldn't have felt good about it if one of them had been chunked.

Needless to say, a little extra buffing made all the difference and nobody died the second time around. It made getting back to full strength a bit cheaper that's all, and money isn't a big issue at present. Indeed if/when I finish the Section HQ I will have an embarrassment of riches due to being able to sell so many coats of full plate mail and swords +1.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    ussnorwayStummvonBordwehrAerakarCrevsDaak
    Just wondering if you have to kill him with a particularly good weapon or with magic. Worthwhile checking, not as part of your no-reload, but to discover what is going wrong. You could open the Shade Lord up in EE Keeper to see if he has one of those rings to stop him dying. If so, remove the ring and override the original cre file. (Or if you want to keep the file you have rename it and move it somewhere else so that you have the original cre file.

That's what I would do anyway. Your choice. So long as you record what you have done, I don't think that anybody will shout "Cheat!"
    StummvonBordwehr
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited July 2019
    @Wise_Grimwald

DoF's Alaghar (Alaghor is the plural) may use every armor but there's no kit for Moradin yet.

Fun fact: the Alaghar of Clangeddin is the reason why I've decided to create DoF (back then FnP's one couldn't be installed without a full install and I didn't like the Ranger/Druid/Paladin/Acolyte mechanics). My initial goal was to create a kit for Yeslick... And here we are now.
    ussnorwayStummvonBordwehrWise_GrimwaldCrevsDaak