Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    edited October 2019
    @CharlestonianTemplar , you wrote that your party walked into the Flaming Fist Headquarters to defeat those of the Fist that had sided with Angelo. Out of curiosity, how exactly did you do that?

I always find that part extremely difficult, to walk in, try to Hold, Stun or Paralyze them, keep my own companions healed if they get caught in a Hold spell by the Fist clerics, get Eltan and leave the same way without casualties.

I treat Flaming Fist guys I meet in the streets the same, leaving them unconscious, because I absolutely won't surrender, knowing who I'll have to cooperate with to get out of the prison.

Do you really kill members of the Flaming Fist? Doesn't that lead to a crash in reputation?
    My paladin would Fall and my companions would leave, so I'm really curious if by "defeat" you actually mean "kill" or "incapacitate" and how you handle that part. Obviously, you finished BG1 with reputation 20 and two paladins still in your party, so I'm curious.

Edit: Link to the post I'm referring to. Hope it works, never tried this before. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1101190/#Comment_1101190
    Post edited by Arvia on
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    @Arvia hey, would you kindly link the post you're referring to ?
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Arvia wrote: »
    @CharlestonianTemplar , you wrote that your party walked into the Flaming Fist Headquarters to defeat those of the Fist that had sided with Angelo. Out of curiosity, how exactly did you do that?

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1101190/#Comment_1101190

Good morning. I found that the hostile FFs that challenge you when you enter FF Hqs CAN be killed w/o loss of reputation. You will even have one or two of those that are in there fight with you. Then you can go upstairs and save Duke Eltan.

This, of course, is not true with those on the street - you can't just mow them down in public because the commoners aren't aware of the duplicitous happenings in the FF.

It is a very tough fight - a couple of those guys are clerics and they cast (I think), Unholy Blight multiple times. CT

That's very good to know and will make my next visit there a lot less complicated. It was so hard to get in and out alive without killing anyone.

I had already noticed that you can kill the mercenaries without penalty, but didn't know about the FF. I just hope it's original behavior and not a result of your many mods. Going to find out. If I become a Fallen Paladin, I'll cry :smile: .
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    @Gate70 Sounds like a tough battle. Those are the satisfying ones.
  • @Wise_Grimwald It's always a win to take out Silke & Greywolf (in addition to the various assassin's) early in the game. Well done.

Next up - that darned Nimbul. >:)