Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• TymakerTymaker Member Posts: 105
    edited December 2015
    Come on, you as is to say - made it through all the BG games! All the way to the end without, main character at no deaths - see story mode.
    edited December 2015
    The only way that I can foresee this is by elven sorcer or dwarven berserker.

Fighter/mage, not. I go elven sorcer and throw the foder where they may.
    What's this? I ended this pathetic discussion in a single second, sorry, concluded it.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Musigny @Blackraven: Mostly it's just being on vacation and taking lots of screenshots.
    MusignyJuliusBorisovlolien
    @Gotural: Do you have BP Ascension installed, or just SCS? That could have a very big impact on the ToB content, especially for the final battle.
    lolien
    Next up is the Beholder Hive, back in the Underdark. I have too many screenshots for what amounts to a fairly simple strategy, so I will dump them in a zip file rather than post them individually.

In a nutshell, we gave the Cloak of Mirroring and Shield of Balduran to Zulfer, who conjured a simulacrum via Vhailor's Helm and attacked the Beholders with Sanchuudoku and poisoned Fire Seeds alongside a group of five hasted Skeleton Warriors, with Laosha casting Farsight to guide them from afar. Enemy Death Spells and Fingers of Death brought down the summons now and then, but since we were far from the Beholders, we could always rest and come back.

The Skeleton Warriors were nearly immune to the Beholder rays thanks to their 90 MR, while Zulfer's clone was protected by both the Cloak of Mirroring and the SOB. With those defenses, they were able to bring down large packs of Beholders at a time. The Hive Mother and Elder Orbs cast PFMW, but that did not stop poisoned Fire Seeds and only lasted 4 rounds anyway.
    CaeriaGoturalMusignylolien
  • CaeriaCaeria Member Posts: 201
    @semiticgod Ooh, I love the illithid city. It does make sense to put it off like you did, and is probably smarter, too :smile: I just like to live dangerously, plus I am very strict with my roleplaying rules :wink: I really liked reading about your strategy! I actually never use the brine potions (I know, I know) but I can totally see where they'd be useful now. I may work them into my current runs :smile:
    BlackravensemiticgoddessJuliusBorisovlolien