Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    @Neverused I agree it's not an easy task, but I think that my party composition was really really strong.

I even think that my party was maybe stronger when Viconia died, as my two Blackguards were now very high level and could cast many spells (I'm playing with IWD spell progression for Paladin, so they had access to spells lvl 1-6), they were earning more xp.

But I have no idea how to do ToB solo without being somekind of Fighter/Mage, it seems so much harder. I want to try with my Sorcerer or a Shadowdancer solo but I don't know how I will beat Dragons, Demogorgon or Amelyssan, notably with the component which prevent you from using quickslot items with clones.
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    I don't think that disabling the quick item slots for clone is a problem for the sorcerer class.
    I really needed them for my fighter/thief as this was the way for a simulacrum to cast spells. It was also convenient for a couple of other things.
    The sorcerer is by far the class I love the most. One of the easiest way to solo the game (including tactical challenge mods). Such ranking would depend on extra features you may have enabled though.
    I would be glad to share some thoughts in a longer post.
    @Blackraven
    I am not trying to change your mind but I would like to point out that HLAs have a limited influence on Lavok and Tolgerias efficiency. Reason being that they are level 21 and they can cast 3 L9 or L10 spells. Stratagems does not cheat (from that perspective) and the spell selection at install time does not necessarily grant them lvl 10 spells (they can get an additional L6/7/8 spell). As matter of fact, I have a Stratagems modded game with HLAs enabled for everyone and it is not surprising to see that Lavok memorized no L10 spell and Tolgerias #1 (government) can cast planetar whereas Tolgerias #2 (planar sphere) memorized no L10 spell.
    @Blackraven
    You've got a talent for creating interesting characters. Where does Bardin's picture come from ?
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    @Musigny, one doesn't have to be a native speaker to write meaningful and fun contributions to these forums :)
    Thanks very much for your feedback!
    Re: 1. I think people have completed the game with BP Ascension, so I'm inclined to give it a chance for now, though I'd love to know more of the other project you refer to.
    Re: 2. Yeah, I thought of EETactics later, after I included BP Tactics stuff when I installed BP for Ascension :( If I uninstall BP Tactics and installed EETactics instead, would I have to install EETactics very early on in my setup?
    Re: 3. Ok, will uninstall.
    Re: 4. I only used P&P Celestials in my BGT setup once, and I had Anomen successfully summon a Movanic Deva in BG2EE (Gerland's party). I'm going to give them a try. Is there another mod containing P&P Celestials that works better?
    Re: 5. I don't think I really want Quest Pack Umber Hulks or Undead, but if SCS overrides everything but those creatures anyway, I can't see Quest Pack doing much harm. Am I wrong?
    Re: 6. You're probably right. Do you think having both installed will cause any problems?
    Re: 7. I've considered installing aTweaks' 3rd Fiends component: SCS stats with aTweaks abilities and behavior.