Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    @Grond0 That wasn't an ogre that you returned the flask to. Ogres are bad guys. It was a djinn. As per the story of Aladin and Arabic fiction.
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    death by sword spider... sorry Grond0
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    edited September 2016
    @Grond0 Interesting post yet again.

Seluna and party went to Durlag's Tower having heard that good equipment was available from a merchant there. Having arrived they decided to testb their mettle against the dungeon and discovered that the top half at least was within well their capability.Starlight acquired some excellent armour there and a cloak of protection +2 was also found for Xan. He is now quite a decent fighter. Indeed, the whole party is looking quite effective. I was surprised about Rasaad, never having played a monk before.

They then went to the gnoll stronghold where they plundered the cave having defeated a powerful party of assassins. A +3 axe and a +2 throwing axe were amongst the plunder. :) Seluna reached level 7. :)

To the north they earned a pair of snow boots and by killing Neville found a +1 sword, however the ogres to the north proved too much for Rasaad and they were forced to return to a temple to raise him. That was expensive! :( They didn't have a lot of gold and that made quite a dent in supplies.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Blind_Visionary , I must say, I love your new posting style. Rather than a full novelized write-up, or a series of screen shots describing the major battles, you give us short excerpts of dialogue that let us know exactly where you are in the game.

Since you're posting in the no-reload thread, I assume that if you fail your no-reload, you'll write your main character's death scene. That adds an element of suspense to reading the story. I can't wait to see if your half-orc lives.

Also, are you playing a two-character only party, yourself and Imoen? I assume so, because you don't write any dialogue for anyone else.

Great work.
  • Blind_VisionaryBlind_Visionary Member Posts: 203

@Blind_Visionary , I must say, I love your new posting style.

Thank you.

I can't wait to see if your half-orc lives.

You won't have to wait long. I'm not as good at this as the rest of you. I'm getting quite familiar with the rats in Candlekeep ;)

Also, are you playing a two-character only party, yourself and Imoen?

Yes. It felt like the right thing to do from an RP perspective. I'm not sure if it helped or hurt me as far as strategy goes. I still have a lot to learn. Its shocking how much depth this game has.